First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I sold the '07 King Ranch today . 202,000 miles of loyal service so was sad to see it go . Now I'm down to driving my '91 ranger that has 327,000 miles on it until the Bronco gets here . I hope I didn't make a mistake by selling too early but figured I had better take the offer since it was near full retail . The guy got a good deal though as I kept it immaculate . Now FORD , if you are listening , don't leave me out in the cold , I need my Bronco NOW !

Ford Bronco Sold my daily driver , now what ? 20200811_175929
Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I sold the '07 King Ranch today . 202,000 miles of loyal service so was sad to see it go . Now I'm down to driving my '91 ranger that has 327,000 miles on it until the Bronco gets here . I hope I didn't make a mistake by selling too early but figured I had better take the offer since it was near full retail . The guy got a good deal though as I kept it immaculate . Now FORD , if you are listening , don't leave me out in the cold , I need my Bronco NOW !

Ford Bronco Sold my daily driver , now what ? 20200811_175929
Hope you can hold out until fall?

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sold my DD back in October; lucky enough to be working from home. Glad this vaccine is moving quickly, but certainly making me nervous about having to go back to the office far earlier/more often and not being able to take the wife's car. I've been keeping an eye on the craigslist in case I need to pick up a bridge car. Honestly hope my dealer doesn't jerk me around too much at order time, because I'll just have to walk away, lose my reservation and pick up another ride for a few years.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hope you can hold out until fall?
The price of used trucks is unreal. Bought a 2012 used Sierra 1500 6 years ago, still had a few months of factory warranty. It is now worth $4000 less than what I paid for it. Crazy....

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I turned my lease in back in August and have been driving my 87 5.0, I think I can make it. I love the 5.0 but not as a daily driver.

OP
OP
Rydfree

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ballsy move!

I applaud your intestinal fortitude trusting a 300k+ hooptie through winter/spring/summer/fall?
The 91 ranger has been great. I put a clutch in it at 100k and just general maintenance until last year when it needed an alternator. It's never seen a carport and the dash only started 1 crack in it last year. I've definitely gotten my monies worth from this one. I only have to go 3 miles 1 way to work now and up town to the home depot and anything else I need is only 7 miles away. Anything else and we'll use the wife's car. I'm never gonna sell the ranger though. At this point it's just an experiment to see how long it will last. AC and everything still works and it gets 18mpg going to work and back. :)

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m driving an 03 taco that has all types of shakes and shimmy’s, I hope I can hang on too.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The price of used trucks is unreal. Bought a 2012 used Sierra 1500 6 years ago, still had a few months of factory warranty. It is now worth $4000 less than what I paid for it. Crazy....
As we say in the south, trucks are as "high as a Georgia pine" in my area. I sold my old Toyota, and started looking for a used one of any brand. Dayum......I went to the Ford B/P page, built a Ranger STX, and with the discounts, and incentives I got it for the same price as a used truck. Bring yours south of the Mason/Dixon line, and you'll probably get what you paid for it if there's no rust.

Benny, I see older Rangers in my area with a ton of miles on them still working. From the looks of your KR I'm sure you've taken care of the Ranger. So it will probably get you to Bronco ordering time.

OP
OP
Rydfree

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Benny, I see older Rangers in my area with a ton of miles on them still working. From the looks of your KR I'm sure you've taken care of the Ranger. So it will probably get you to Bronco ordering time.
It looks fair for a 30 yr old truck . The body is straight and interior looks good when it's clean but the paint lost its clearcoat in '99 I think . I thought about painting it a couple of times but then I remember the days of racing motorcycles on the track . Fresh paint attracts asphalt was the general consensus at the track , so I figured I'd leave it like it was just for good luck ,lol .
Seriously I would not hesitate to take a trip anywhere with it

Ford Bronco Sold my daily driver , now what ? Ranger
Sponsored