Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Due to an error in the reservation system on release night I ended up with 2 FE reservations. I originally was keeping one for a buddy, but it's looking like he may not go through with the purchase now. Who's got a creative idea as to what I should do with the extra reservation?

One idea i had: I'm thinking of transferring my reservations to Granger (waiting for B&P or transfer deadline to decide for certain). Maybe I'll let them order what they want with the extra one and keep it since they have been so good to everyone on here. (if they want it)

Note: Everyone on here realizes you can't transfer reservations...so just no.

How I got 2 FE reservations: I reserved an FE on release night, got an email confirmation saying I reserved a Badlands, made another reservation for an FE...error corrected by Ford later on....ended up with 2 FE Reservations. I'm 99.99% positive this error led to them doubling the FE reservations to 7,000.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I vote you buy both, then auction off the 2nd and give the money to charity!!

I like playing with other people's money ?

The only reason I'd be nervous about ordering both and letting one fall back to Granger is because to be honest, it makes it look like Granger did something shady. NOT saying the did, just saying when someone from the outside looks, it could appear that way.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Due to an error in the reservation system on release night I ended up with 2 FE reservations. I originally was keeping one for a buddy, but it's looking like he may not go through with the purchase now. Who's got a creative idea as to what I should do with the extra reservation?

One idea i had: I'm thinking of transferring my reservations to Granger (waiting for B&P or transfer deadline to decide for certain). Maybe I'll let them order what they want with the extra one and keep it since they have been so good to everyone on here. (if they want it)

Note: Everyone on here realizes you can't transfer reservations...so just no.

How I got 2 FE reservations: I reserved an FE on release night, got an email confirmation saying I reserved a Badlands, made another reservation for an FE...error corrected by Ford later on....ended up with 2 FE Reservations. I'm 99.99% positive this error led to them doubling the FE reservations to 7,000.
It’s too bad there isn’t a way to set up a drawing where everyone who buys a ticket with 100% of proceeds going to a charity - and the drawing winner assumes the reservation.

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So assuming there's people on here who would want your FE and willing to pay cash upfront for it, couldn't you just keep both reservations, have the buyer meet you at Granger when both are ready, and then sell it to him on the spot? Use his funds to pay Granger?

You wouldn't have registered it or paid sales tax in your home state yet, so maybe you could avoid all that hassle. I could be wrong though, dealers might have more insight.

Reactions: Tre
OP
OP
broncomorrow

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I vote you buy both, then auction off the 2nd and give the money to charity!!

I like playing with other people's money ?

The only reason I'd be nervous about ordering both and letting one fall back to Granger is because to be honest, it makes it look like Granger did something shady. NOT saying the did, just saying when someone from the outside looks, it could appear that way.
I've thought about that - just need to figure out the logistics and to make sure I don't end up losing $$.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncomorrow

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So assuming there's people on here who would want your FE and willing to pay cash upfront for it, couldn't you just keep both reservations, have the buyer meet you at Granger when both are ready, and then sell it to him on the spot? Use his funds to pay Granger?

You wouldn't have registered it or paid sales tax in your home state yet, so maybe you could avoid all that hassle. I could be wrong though, dealers might have more insight.
I'd be open to that if we can figure out a way to make it work.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Work it out with Grainger, maybe they’ll throw you an extra discount?

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncomorrow

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From what Granger has said the dealer incurs the penalty for ordered broncos not sold to the reservation holder
I didn't think there would be a penalty if the reservation holder backed out of the order...just if they sold the car to someone other than the reservation holder if the reservation holder actually wanted the car.

OP
OP
broncomorrow

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Out of respect to Granger....do not envolve them in any way....to be safe....keep your biz to yourself and dont raise red flags to Ford
I can appreciate that. Just looking for some creative ideas other than just cancelling the reservation.

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There are severe penalties for dealers that do not deliver the Broncos to the person that has reserved and ordered the Bronco...

Will not comment on what the penalties are but we do not want any part of them...

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Switch your extra order to a big box dealer and then don't pick it up, ding dong ditch, let them incur the penalty for all the whining they did about Granger.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't think there would be a penalty if the reservation holder backed out of the order...just if they sold the car to someone other than the reservation holder if the reservation holder actually wanted the car.
Nope, its for orders that don't match the reservation holders name, doesn't matter why. I'm sure there will be some margin of error before punishment as there will be legitimate deals fall apart.
Sponsored