Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone used the solid bimini top - Bronco 4Dr 2021-2022 Soft Canvas Bimini Top ~ VM2DZ54500W00D (ford.com)

Still deciding between keeping my JL or not, and this factors in. My JL pretty much goes 6 months with a hardtop, 6 months with a bimini top for rain. It's in the garage when I'm not out, but I don't mind it getting rained with no carpet/Armorlite, the same should apply for MGV - just need a top that's quick and easy to put on.
Sponsored

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have only used my mesh gear shade, which did a surprisingly good job of keeping me dry, but is definitely not what you're looking for.

In addition, make sure you get a rear seat back cover of some sort. It is carpeted even in my Badlands with MGV.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I pulled my MIC top ( 2 door ) off an ran with the solid bimini last week. It normally fits and stays under the MIC. It has a mid bar so I just fold it back when the clam shell is on. This still lets me run with the front panels removed.
As you know its been pretty windy down here. While loud, it held up well running over the Stono bridges. There are magnets in the front sides that keep it somewhat tight. It's far from covering the front though.

closed.JPG

closed-2.JPG

B.JPG

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pulled my MIC top ( 2 door ) off an ran with the solid bimini last week. It normally fits and stays under the MIC. It has a mid bar so I just fold it back when the clam shell is on. This still lets me run with the front panels removed.
As you know its been pretty windy down here. While loud, it held up well running over the Stono bridges. There are magnets in the front sides that keep it somewhat tight. It's far from covering the front though.

Ford Bronco Solid Bimini Top B.JPG

So based on that gap up front, I'm guessing if it rained it would just seeping through there if you are stopped. Ugh - that weighs pretty heavily in my decision-making, the JL has a bimini top that keeps you pretty dry for the most part..........hell maybe I should just say hell with it and get the Soft Top and actually get one delivered.

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys.

Just digging this topic back up as its getting closer to the warmer season and looking to get the Bronco topless for weekend beach trips. Would be nice to have a quick option to throw on a light weight, canvas top while out and about hours away from hardtop.

Anyone have any testimonies on Fords reletively pricy offering ( VM2DZ54500W00D ) which has been out for a while for us 4 door bronco folk ? Likes / dislikes / buy it again / wait for something better ?

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...nvas-for-4-door?nosto=productcategory-nosto-2

I would love if Mabett or Bestop would come out with a similar solid ( non mesh ) canvas top. Prefereably one that does not have the gap near front windshield / visors , to help prevent rain from seeping in when needing to drive her back to shelter.
Sponsored