Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pointless for what the Bronco was designed for. I guess if you wanted to make a Bronco a full time off-road rig then cool, but why spend the money for a Bronco, just build a rig. This seems stupid to me your compromising both ways which is pointless. It's not a real off-road rig and it isn't a very good on-road rig. It'll get you a few extra places the OEM won't but it'll be hell getting it anywhere else...
Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pointless for what the Bronco was designed for. I guess if you wanted to make a Bronco a full time off-road rig then cool, but why spend the money for a Bronco, just build a rig. This seems stupid to me your compromising both ways which is pointless. It's not a real off-road rig and it isn't a very good on-road rig. It'll get you a few extra places the OEM won't but it'll be hell getting it anywhere else...
Because some people want a great trail rig that is street legal and not a Jeep. Want a head turning Bronco. Same reason there are a ton of FJ Cruisers and H2/3s out there with a SAS.

camojeeper

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Drive Full Hydro on the Highway and you'll die, or worse, but supercool for a low speed toy.
Ran full hydro on many a rig it’s all about the set up

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Because some people want a great trail rig that is street legal and not a Jeep. Want a head turning Bronco. Same reason there are a ton of FJ Cruisers and H2/3s out there with a SAS.
I can understand that. Some people want a head turner. I get that. Everyone likes what they like and I'm cool with that. but some people will lift 2wd trucks and put tires that stick out 12" past the body, put a Carolina squat on a truck or just lift it with a stage 6 kit and beadlock's but never leave the pavement and those people get made fun of. Similar prinicple to me. I don't understand a lot of those people either but it's not my rig so doesn't really matter if I do or not...

Okay, the Carolina squat thing is just dumb and makes zero sense from any angle.

TroutSafari

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladator, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very Cool. I always love to see folks coming out with new things that are for performance for any off road vehicle and not just stickers and matching accessories. I would think everyone who buys a vintage style bronco name plate would appreciate modifications like this. I owned an original bronco and the solid axel was one of the amazing things about it. So if someone is talking about what a real bronco was all about, well this would fit right in.

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wonder if they did a engine/trans/x-fer swap too. Hate to think that a 2.3 or 2.7 is pushing 44's and Dana 60's. The engine might live awhile, but the trans sure would not. And the x fer couldn't accept the larger u joint that a D60 requires. Definitely not a daily driver with full hydro. If I wanted that set-up, I would utilize a 4th or 5th gen bronco.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if they did a engine/trans/x-fer swap too. Hate to think that a 2.3 or 2.7 is pushing 44's and Dana 60's. The engine might live awhile, but the trans sure would not. And the x fer couldn't accept the larger u joint that a D60 requires. Definitely not a daily driver with full hydro. If I wanted that set-up, I would utilize a 4th or 5th gen bronco.
I doubt it, there's only one group I know of that's in the middle of a V8 swap. Although, knowing how many warning lights are probably lit up on the dash from the solid axle swap, I doubt they'd care if an engine swap throws up another zillion codes too. What are the lights going to do, get brighter? LOL
Sponsored