Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

UPDATED 11/17/2021: my dealer's order of the OEM roof rack kit was "rejected" because of unavailability. Go figure. The good news is that there is a part number for the kit so at some point, it will be buyable. Hopefully the aftermarket comes to the rescue soon with a better quality/price (value) soon.

Original post:
For those people who were not able to add the roof rails/roof rack to their 2021 builds (4-door, SAS, 2.7), I think there is now a solution. My dealer had his people identify that the kit can be ordered via "parts" (not "accessories"). He has ordered it for me and will let me know if it indeed included everything needed when it arrives.

The cost is high at $800. However, he said that if one were to order it part by part, the total cost would be $1900.

I'll will report back when he receives it.

Looks like this is where my reward points are going (if my f'ing Bronco ever gets off dirt mountain!).

If anyone is aware of an aftermarket equivalent for less money, I am all ears.

Ford Bronco SOLUTION: Roof Rails add on for 4-door SAS 2.7 m2dz-7855100-aa
Sponsored

Last edited:

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fantastic . . . I was waiting for news like this. Please do confirm as you get further information. Thank you!

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those people who were not able to add the roof rails/roof rack to their 2021 builds (4-door, SAS, 2.7), I think there is now a solution. My dealer had his people identify that the kit can be ordered via "parts" (not "accessories"). He has ordered it for me and will let me know if it indeed included everything needed when it arrives.

The cost is high at $800. However, he said that if one were to order it part by part, the total cost would be $1900.

Looks like this is where my reward points are going (if my f'ing Bronco ever gets off dirt mountain!).

Probably could lower the cost by going with one bar at the at the mid or front.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

"...when he receives it."

I hope its availability is not on the same timeline as the white roof its shown attached to. I need something for my canoe.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Crossbars are cheap probably. A set/pair for my Escape were $110
$195 each on Ford accessory - there are two mount postions as shown on the OP's pic. Stock is one bar

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure if a roof rack would fit on a canoe? Water might be a better option for it.
Now I'm just waiting for someone with mediocre photoshop skills to present some concepts of this idea.

Here's how I got my Tremor to fit.
Ford Bronco SOLUTION: Roof Rails add on for 4-door SAS 2.7 20210717_153455

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco SOLUTION: Roof Rails add on for 4-door SAS 2.7 20210717_153455
If he can confirm it, can you come back and post the part numbers to order for the rest of us? :)

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t think aftermarket will ever be less expensive than $900 - but, they won’t look fugly like the OEM ones do. (Personal opinion).

There will be plenty to choose from soon.

Here is one:
ZROADS

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If he can confirm it, can you come back and post the part numbers to order for the rest of us? :)
Yes when I it arrives at dealer I will update this thread. BTW that pic in my post is not taken from the actual parts catalog - I just found it online. So I'm not positive of the number of cross bars it will come with but I'd "assume" that it would be identical to whatever you get had you ordered it as an option on your build.

I do wish there was a roof rack that extended all the way to the rear connection point on the roof (seems like... why not?). For me I just need this for skis, canoe, kayak, roof top box, and christmas trees - I don't need to set up a tent on my car).

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t think aftermarket will ever be less expensive than $900 - but, they won’t look fugly like the OEM ones do. (Personal opinion).

There will be plenty to choose from soon.

Here is one:
ZROADS
I like the design of this for sure - I just never thought I'd be spending $2k on a roof rack! However, if it was possible to remove the rear roof panel while leaving this rack on - that might change my mind...

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes when I it arrives at dealer I will update this thread. BTW that pic in my post is not taken from the actual parts catalog - I just found it online. So I'm not positive of the number of cross bars it will come with but I'd "assume" that it would be identical to whatever you get had you ordered it as an option on your build.

I do wish there was a roof rack that extended all the way to the rear connection point on the roof (seems like... why not?). For me I just need this for skis, canoe, kayak, roof top box, and christmas trees - I don't need to set up a tent on my car).
I'm taking a guess that the current OEM rack is the same for 2 Door and 4 Door. Maybe you can confirm the part numbers.
Could make them a profitable take off sale for 2 Door buyers.
My 2 Door came with one removable midbar. The B & P seems to show the same for the 4 Door. That back bar is fixed and a function of the clamp system.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any one know if it’s possible to just get two rear cross bars for the rear section this is what I am trying to do on mine. I know it’s possible just don’t know how to go about it.
Ford Bronco SOLUTION: Roof Rails add on for 4-door SAS 2.7 85F6115B-B657-48BF-8766-52B21541672A
Sponsored