IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BTW that pic in my post is not taken from the actual parts catalog - I just found it online. So I'm not positive of the number of cross bars it will come with but I'd "assume" that it would be identical to whatever you get had you ordered it as an option on your build.
That picture is from the accessories catalog for an extra cross bar. Here it is.

Ford Bronco SOLUTION: Roof Rails add on for 4-door SAS 2.7 20211112_232306

Ford Bronco SOLUTION: Roof Rails add on for 4-door SAS 2.7 20211112_232745

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any one know if it’s possible to just get two rear cross bars for the rear section this is what I am trying to do on mine. I know it’s possible just don’t know how to go about it.
85F6115B-B657-48BF-8766-52B21541672A.jpeg
For what is is worth, here is a pic of the underside of the back clamping crossbar as it connects to the rail. If they part out the back crossbar and rails seperate or if you buy two OEM roof racks, it looks like its possible to recreate.
The question is will the MIC clamp notchouts hold up. I can see possible issues with the OEM if an overweight load shifts.

Ford Bronco SOLUTION: Roof Rails add on for 4-door SAS 2.7 RACK CLAMP.JPG

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thia is my goal. A rack that only mouse to the back clamshell so that I can take off all the top panels without issue.

BUT inside, I want something like the backbone system that will mount these to either the roll bar or to the body to support the weight.

Honestly I think the problem is, this type of rack only will work with the MOD top since it will be stronger than the MIC. But since the MOD won't be here to at least 2023, the rack is not listed as a necessary.

Dogtown79

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is what the factory rack looks like for a 4 door. There are predrilled and tapped holes at the front of the rails to add an additional cross bar or to move the middle one to the front. I would sell mine for $800 or trade for OEM steps. I bought mine to haul my kayaks but in the ~18 month wait, I now have two additional kayaks and I can't haul that many on top. I modified one of my trailers to accommodate them or a combination of kayaks and a quad.

Ford Bronco SOLUTION: Roof Rails add on for 4-door SAS 2.7 Photo Nov 16, 12 57 00 PM

Ford Bronco SOLUTION: Roof Rails add on for 4-door SAS 2.7 kayak rack

Sponsored

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
UPDATED 11/17/2021: my dealer's order of the OEM roof rack kit was "rejected" because of unavailability. Go figure. The good news is that there is a part number for the kit so at some point, it will be buyable. Hopefully the aftermarket comes to the rescue soon with a better quality/price (value) soon.

Original post:
For those people who were not able to add the roof rails/roof rack to their 2021 builds (4-door, SAS, 2.7), I think there is now a solution. My dealer had his people identify that the kit can be ordered via "parts" (not "accessories"). He has ordered it for me and will let me know if it indeed included everything needed when it arrives.

The cost is high at $800. However, he said that if one were to order it part by part, the total cost would be $1900.

I'll will report back when he receives it.

Looks like this is where my reward points are going (if my f'ing Bronco ever gets off dirt mountain!).

If anyone is aware of an aftermarket equivalent for less money, I am all ears.

Can you share the part number for the kit? Thanks!

SouthernSparty

First Edition
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here is what the factory rack looks like for a 4 door. There are predrilled and tapped holes at the front of the rails to add an additional cross bar or to move the middle one to the front. I would sell mine for $800 or trade for OEM steps. I bought mine to haul my kayaks but in the ~18 month wait, I now have two additional kayaks and I can't haul that many on top. I modified one of my trailers to accommodate them or a combination of kayaks and a quad.

Are you still thinking about selling your roof rack? I have OEM Rock Rails or the OEM Step Bars to trade.

Sponsored

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to my dealer the part number he ordered is:
Thanks, I appreciate you doing this legwork. Looking around it seems like it runs a little over $600. Not as good as the $365 when adding to the vehicle build but also not horrible. I wasn't able to find any parts sites that had photos or even a proper description of this item number yet. Has anyone else been able to confirm this is the right part for entire roof rail kit on the four door?

charlieecho

Outer Banks
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, I appreciate you doing this legwork. Looking around it seems like it runs a little over $600. Not as good as the $365 when adding to the vehicle build but also not horrible. I wasn't able to find any parts sites that had photos or even a proper description of this item number yet. Has anyone else been able to confirm this is the right part for entire roof rail kit on the four door?
It is the same part # my dealer found as well but it's not available yet according to the parts rep.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is the same part # my dealer found as well but it's not available yet according to the parts rep.
I reached out to my dealer but haven't yet heard back on it. I would imagine the part won't be unavailable for some time, at least until they have more than they need for the new vehicles, similar to hard tops and all other constraints. But for me, knowing that I can at least buy it as a reasonably priced kit down the road for my current vehicle spec that still won't allow it to be added is nice to know.

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had no luck trying to order this through a dealer. I subscribed to the notifications for availability and was finally able to make it to the computer fast enough to order one when the notice came in last week. There was a 15% off banner on the page and the code worked. The web page gave me a list of dealers they would deliver to for free so I picked one by my office.

It came in today. 7 days from order to pick up at the dealer. I didn't get a chance to open the box but it's a lot bigger than I was expecting.

Ford Bronco SOLUTION: Roof Rails add on for 4-door SAS 2.7 20220412_142324
Sponsored