Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So this just recently started happening and is driving me crazy. I've had my doors off for the last 3 weeks and everything was fine until a few days ago. At that point, whenever I parked and turned off the ignition, the Bronco would chime nonstop for at least 30 seconds. It's the same chime as the seat belt reminder, you know, the super annoying doo, doo, doo..... doo, doo, doo 🙄. I disabled the seat belt chime and double honk via Forscan months ago because they drove me nuts. Now this new chime is even worse. The only way I've found to stop the chime is to press the lock button on the key fob.

Anyone else have this issue? Any idea on why this only started happening this week when I've had doors off multiple times prior and never had this issue? Most importantly, how do I stop this?
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I often have the chime, usually its because of the ghost in the system that causes the lights to go wacky; staying illuminated for ~20min and by extension changing it from Auto Lights to No Mans Land... check to see if your lighting control actually has any of the Running, auto, on, off ambers indicators lit...

or

There is some funkyness with the order of operations while the doors are off with regards to the Seatbelt engaged, then turn on vs turn on, then seatbelt up... perhaps the sequence on shutdown is also important? it might prefer to be shut down first, then seatbelt released.

Best of luck

OP
OP
djn3400

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I often have the chime, usually its because of the ghost in the system that causes the lights to go wacky; staying illuminated for ~20min and by extension changing it from Auto Lights to No Mans Land... check to see if your lighting control actually has any of the Running, auto, on, off ambers indicators lit...

or

There is some funkyness with the order of operations while the doors are off with regards to the Seatbelt engaged, then turn on vs turn on, then seatbelt up... perhaps the sequence on shutdown is also important? it might prefer to be shut down first, then seatbelt released.

Best of luck
Thanks! I have noticed that my amber DRL's and the headlights seem to stay on for a much longer time now than they used to. Not sure if these are related to the chimes or not, but seems likely since they both started just a few days ago.

I thought the same thing about the seatbelt unbuckling and ignition shutoff, so I made sure to park and shut off the ignition while my seatbelt was still engaged (versus unbuckling first, then shutting of the ignition, which is what I instinctively do). The chimes happened both ways unfortunately.

Also, when I pull in my driveway, I typically unbuckle as I approach the garage. Since I have the seatbelt chimes disabled in Forscan, I never get the chime, which is perfect. This is with the doors on. If the doors are off and I do the same thing, the chimes go crazy for 15-20 seconds.

It seems there is some wacky electrical stuff that happens when the doors are off.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I suspect even with doors on you would have this chime.....I do every time my knee hits the light switch, changing it from Auto to On. Just a hunch, but next time it chimes rotate your light switch to off or auto

OP
OP
djn3400

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I suspect even with doors on you would have this chime.....I do every time my knee hits the light switch, changing it from Auto to On. Just a hunch, but next time it chimes rotate your light switch to off or auto
This fixed it! Thank you. It looks like somehow my headlight selector was not set to any position (no orange indicator present). I rotated the knobuntil the orange indicator showed up and set it to auto and no more issues. As you mention, I think it would have been an issue whether the doors were off or not.

I received a couple OTA’s last week that may have reset the headlight selector without me realizing it.

Thanks again for the suggestion!
Sponsored