Sponsored

**SOLVED** Hard Top Is Stuck - Won't Come Off!

SLCBronco

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are they not lifting off or is the front center latch not turning? Sorry, just trying to understand to see if I can help.
Sponsored

OP
OP
StephenSJ

StephenSJ

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Base Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Base
Happy to report that I was able to get the two front panels off! Just went for a quick little spin and it was awesome!

I made another attempt with max leverage and max upward pressure to the area that wouldn't budge. Gave it my full 110% to no avail. The trick was jostling the panel vigorously to break the seal. After the jostling the driver side panel popped right off. Passenger side was a piece of cake after that.

Last edited:

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just took mine to the dealer for this, they couldn't get it off either, so I have an appointment for next week.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was able to fix this myself.

1. Loosen the Windshield Header Trim Panel, by removing the sun visor clip, start with the driver's side, as this was the only one I had to adjust, because once this was fixed, the passenger side didn't have the same problem.

Ford Bronco **SOLVED** Hard Top Is Stuck - Won't Come Off! Image 2-25-23 at 10.57 AM

You can gently pull down the header trim, right to the left of the upper center console (where the map lights/aux switches, etc. are). To expose the TP30 bolts of the front striker plate, where it attaches to the windshield header.

Ford Bronco **SOLVED** Hard Top Is Stuck - Won't Come Off! Image 2-25-23 at 10.27 AM

2. Loosen these bolts (do not remove the bolts). Once loosened try to remove the panel. You should be able to remove it at this point, you'll notice that this striker pin is not smooth, but has a lip going around the bottom.
3. Tighten the striker plate bolts, but don't over tighten, they should only be tightened to 15lb - ft. On my particular vehicle these were over tightened at the factory which misaligned the striker plate.
4. Push header trim panel back in place and re-install the sun visor clips.

Sponsored

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Loosen the Windshield Header Trim Panel, by removing the sun visor clip, start with the driver's side, as this was the only one I had to adjust, because once this was fixed, the passenger side didn't have the same problem.

Ford Bronco **SOLVED** Hard Top Is Stuck - Won't Come Off! Image 2-25-23 at 10.27 AM

You can gently pull down the header trim, right to the left of the upper center console (where the map lights/aux switches, etc. are). To expose the TP30 bolts of the front striker plate, where it attaches to the windshield header.

2. Loosen these bolts (do not remove the bolts). Once loosened try to remove the panel. You should be able to remove it at this point, you'll notice that this striker pin is not smooth, but has a lip going around the bottom.
3. Tighten the striker plate bolts, but don't over tighten, they should only be tightened to 15lb - ft. On my particular vehicle these were over tightened at the factory which misaligned the striker plate.
What size is the fastener inside the sun visor clip?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What size is the fastener inside the sun visor clip?
So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know... 👀 😅

I see you're not into brevity.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Image 2-25-23 at 10.57 AM.jpeg

Image 2-25-23 at 10.27 AM.jpeg

I wanted to update this with my notes.

This is on my 2023.

Sunvisor clip screw was T15.

Roof panel bolts were T50.

Otherwise the instructions were spot on.

Ford Bronco **SOLVED** Hard Top Is Stuck - Won't Come Off! E98691CA-B8D1-4F56-B993-C4815400017C
Ford Bronco **SOLVED** Hard Top Is Stuck - Won't Come Off! C8E3E5B1-0778-43BD-A3ED-9D3762F343A2
You can see from the level how they were sitting. The driver side didn’t need touched. It was the passenger side that was a pain.

I loosened the bolts and put the panel back on and latched it. Then I tighten the bolts. I took the panel on and off a few times to confirm.

In the end I didn’t have to move it much. But it comes off so much easier. Need to wait to see how it does in the rain. Being Oregon it won’t take long for that.

Ford Bronco **SOLVED** Hard Top Is Stuck - Won't Come Off! 2C251983-AC1C-41E5-A45F-9070E4C20070
Sponsored