Sponsored

Some Broncos at my local dealer, one has paint defects.

CantBstill

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
A local dealership in my area has a few Broncos, the window sticker says retail & special order. Not sure if they are customers or not. Posting pictures below, the hood on the Outer Banks cactus gray, has slight defects in the paint . How did Ford miss this in the Quality Control check? If you receive your bronco like this what are your options? I don't think anybody really wants to wait another year to get their vehicle.
Ford Bronco Some Broncos at my local dealer, one has paint defects. 7AF8DA91-2721-45FB-8FBB-7AC7A722F4FC
Ford Bronco Some Broncos at my local dealer, one has paint defects. 50E13E02-FDC0-4E21-A2D5-B4ADC97DEB78
Ford Bronco Some Broncos at my local dealer, one has paint defects. 0C730ED5-9709-4745-A0D2-782BE0B67A96
Ford Bronco Some Broncos at my local dealer, one has paint defects. 2A2587B3-3804-496B-B8CC-5C92B9C4A72A
Ford Bronco Some Broncos at my local dealer, one has paint defects. FE4189FF-7624-417C-9BAB-47F3837406D4
Ford Bronco Some Broncos at my local dealer, one has paint defects. 54A84A4E-701C-42F1-A043-C241D067228C
Sponsored

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just read today that the 2022 Mustang is rated the least reliable American sports car. The article also mentioned it reflected a general downward trend in quality at Ford overall. Lincoln was dead last.

I'm not sure what's going on at the blue oval. Nothing good.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like they forgot to paint it and just cleared over the primer?

Oh wait, that's just that mint green color everyone wanted.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just read today that the 2022 Mustang is rated the least reliable American sports car. The article also mentioned it reflected a general downward trend in quality at Ford overall. Lincoln was dead last.
My guess? Its the old saying about not being able to walk & chew gum at the same time.

I think Ford is SO focused on reinventing themselves as 'electric' (seems like EVERY new vehicle start-up comes out of the chute with a higher market cap than Ford) they have just set their ICE wings and pray they can glide to the finish line.

Sponsored

clarkT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldnā€™t accept it. A dealer repaint wont last as long as factory. That would be a hard choice to make, though. Here is a broncoā€¦ take it or wait Who knows how long.

I saw the opposite about the mustang, though. US News and World Report rated it (2020 model anyway) best quality ā€¦ (I own 3ā€¦ but I will say my 2018 has been fine with minor issue but my 01 Bullitt is best quality and my 68 is reliable but clearly 50 yrs of comfort developments is lacking. LOL).

Ford does pretty well dollar for dollar... IMHO. But, agree they seem focused on remaking themselves over ole Lee Iacoccaā€™s ā€œJob One is Qualityā€ campaign that saved them in the late 70sā€¦

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this at Greene Ford in Gainesville?

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you were planning on a matte wrap anyways, wouldnā€™t a bronco with mild paint imperfections you could get today for msrp or even slightly under be perfect?

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you were planning on a matte wrap anyways, wouldnā€™t a bronco with mild paint imperfections you could get today for msrp or even slightly under be perfect?
If itā€™s only the hood you could even take it off and bring to a half decent body shop to strip, sand, prime and repaint for the difference in price

Sponsored

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I wonder what changed? My 2018 GT has been flawless.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The article claimed this rating has come about over the last few months. Now that people buying cars have little to no bargaining leverage, they are bitching over every minor thing to try and offset the sensation of being screwed when they signed. I wouldnā€™t think twice about buying a 21 or soon ,22 Mustang GT. I imagine I will be not picking my Bronco if it ever arrives simply because of the ordering fiasco and paying sticker. But hey, thatā€™s me.

NevadaDesertExploration

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

100% Dirt mountain issue

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The article claimed this rating has come about over the last few months. Now that people buying cars have little to no bargaining leverage, they are bitching over every minor thing to try and offset the sensation of being screwed when they signed. I wouldnā€™t think twice about buying a 21 or soon ,22 Mustang GT. I imagine I will be not picking my Bronco if it ever arrives simply because of the ordering fiasco and paying sticker. But hey, thatā€™s me.
This assumes that only Mustang, Ford, or Lincoln owners are doing the complaining and other buyers don't feel screwed.

Even if that was true, that doesn't say anything good about Ford either.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was written by paid Jeep employees. šŸ˜±