Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you are saying when those of us who have reserved one can actually order one, they are going to build all of those ordered ones BEFORE they start building the ones they have determined they are going to sell the most of?
I said what I said...you will get your basically in order of reservation, with some deviation based on batch building of some trim levels. No, they are not building all of the most popular one before all the rest...not how that works. They are not going to call you and offer you another trim that's "on the way" either, that's silly.....it's not the first time they have used this system.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I said what I said...you will get your basically in order of reservation, with some deviation based on batch building of some trim levels. No, they are not building all of the most popular one before all the rest...not how that works. They are not going to call you and offer you another trim that's "on the way" either, that's silly.....it's not the first time they have used this system.
10-4, Ive never ordered or even purchased a brand new car before. Im just hung up on the fact that when I reserved it, it clearly said "This does not give you priority." What do you suppose that means?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
10-4, Ive never ordered or even purchased a brand new car before. Im just hung up on the fact that when I reserved it, it clearly said "This does not give you priority." What do you suppose that means?
I assume it means it doesn't guarantee you anything. In their words:

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?
Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I assume it means it doesn't guarantee you anything. In their words:

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?
Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.
yeah I saw that after I asked the question and edited my previous post (y)

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From past experience, will there be a final configuration order window in December that closes after a few weeks and then they figure out what batches to start on? Or they start rolling as soon as final orders get submitted and your final order trumps other possibly earlier reservations that haven't finalized yet?

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

From past experience, will there be a final configuration order window in December that closes after a few weeks and then they figure out what batches to start on? Or they start rolling as soon as final orders get submitted and your final order trumps other possibly earlier reservations that haven't finalized yet?
Order banks will open, and then scheduling will start about a month later. After that, production will begin about 6-8 weeks later. It varies based on the model, but I recommend to follow this website to see when stuff is about to get real! :cool:

https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-ford.html

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
MAP can get a bit over 600 Broncos / shift at full speed. Two shifts a day M-F with Saturdays running 2 on, 1 off (per contract agreement).
Wonder what the average percentage for a month of full speed the plant runs at? Gotta assume they have failures and work stoppages. Possibly average 90+% a month? Would seem like a metric that gets tracked pretty closely. 1200 a day x 6 = 7200. 1200 a day x 5 = 6000. Figure 30 days in a month. 4 Sundays off. 1 to 2 Saturdays off. So 24-25 days a month of production gets you to 28,800-30,000 vehicles a month. At 90% average full speed your looking at 26000-27000 a month. Then you have to figure out how they plan runs. Do they do a run of the same trim to increase efficiency? I have no idea how they plan daily/weekly/monthly runs. Like producing all the FE's first? Then a run of WildTraks for a few days, etc... Or do they intermix trims during production days. Assuming its a complicated matrix of what parts are coming in when for which model at what time. So basically I still don't know when i'm getting my car.... lol. But its fun to think about.

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
man I don't see how this is true.. i placed mine on 16th (2 days after opening) and if I do the math now I'm in 145,000 range ... I realllly hope this isn't true. I want it for the summer

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should take into account about 1/4 to 1/3rd cancel rate. That's just a shot in the dark, bit I've read up to 50%.
I bet at least half cancel. How many situations where people didn’t know they could change models after the fact and put in multiple orders? How many can’t even get a loan for the vehicle but can easily drop $100 to hold one for a couple months? if Ford moves more that 150,000 of these in 2021 I would be honestly shocked and should be buying some Ford stock.

Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Guys, reservations are only likely to be fewer than 8000 units at this point. Realistically maybe 6000 between US and Canada.

Bronco is hardly affordable as most units in the launch will be around $45K for passionate buyers. Mine will top $50K+. Not a ton of Ford buyers for this at that price point for a purpose built vehicle.

if they top 25K preorders by Sept 1 Ford will win the luxury car race. These will not be fleet vehicles and we are in a recession with high unemployment to boot.

they can crank out 25K with some ease. Day one guys will take delivery in March 2021.

rest easy gents, the future is coming.
I like your math better ?

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a flaw. Using the math, I am #190, however due to the website issue, I couldnt finalize my reservation until later in the first night, several hours later, thus there is no way I’d be that low in the order

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
284,789?? Holy hell i’m never going to get a Bronco! 832 days!! Wtf! ?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm 104.... This is like the waiting list for Lambeau season tix.
Sponsored