Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m guessing you think ford has over 16k reservations as well. Haha
LOL. I am not even pretending to have a clue about any numbers. I am just along for the ride.
Sponsored

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve talked to 3 dealers. 2 small dealers and one medium. The small ones have over 20 reservations and the medium over 50. There are way more than 16k reservations.
So what’s your extrapolation from those data points? Sounds like you’re more in the 150k range based on the number of Ford Dealerships and assuming that a medium dealership represents the average.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what’s your extrapolation from those data points? Sounds like you’re more in the 150k range based on the number of Ford Dealerships and assuming that a medium dealership represents the average.
I was over estimating, however I believe most dealers are on the smaller side. 20 by 3k dealers is 60k.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude, this is a resto mod! Not even close to the same thing. Resto mod likely costing twice the price of the new Bronco when loaded.

No one is cross shopping a $120K plus Benz with this Ford!

I know you guys want to feel like you’re getting some super car, but you’re not. Is it going to be popular and cool, sure it is, but there isn’t anything else going on right now, so this is something to talk about. In the end, there won’t be 80K sold by pre order. it’s not a Tesla Model 3 either.
You really act like you know everyone's personalities & wants in the world huh? You have this real bravado thinking ya got all of us figured out & pinpointed... but you don't. Raptors, GT40's, high end Mustangs and now Bronco are ALL vehicles that are showy... just like your precious "bimmers". As far as us feeling like we're getting a super car, it kinda is from what we know so far. It doesn't have voice activated wings but there doesn't seem to be much like it that's better on the market. And off-roading is kinda bigger than it ever has been. Overlanding has become a MASSIVE community. I know I sound like a dick right now but I just don't care for people pretending like they have their finger on the pulse of everything. Rant over. Back to my internet & Netflix... like a pathetic loser.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Which one? I know San Tan’s owner Tim Hovik. I have not talked to them though. They sell 300 cars a months. I bet they have close to 200 as well.
Sanderson Ford; Mike Gilbert is the go to guy there.

Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm pretty sure he's a Ford employee.
Not quite, but I spent 12 years as a journalist and did lots of Auto Industry work. I'm still fairly well-sourced in Dearborn.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You really act like you know everyone's personalities & wants in the world huh? You have this real bravado thinking ya got all of us figured out & pinpointed... but you don't. Raptors, GT40's, high end Mustangs and now Bronco are ALL vehicles that are showy... just like your precious "bimmers". As far as us feeling like we're getting a super car, it kinda is from what we know so far. It doesn't have voice activated wings but there doesn't seem to be much like it that's better on the market. And off-roading is kinda bigger than it ever has been. Overlanding has become a MASSIVE community. I know I sound like a dick right now but I just don't care for people pretending like they have their finger on the pulse of everything. Rant over. Back to my internet & Netflix... like a pathetic loser.
Feel or believe whatever and however you want man. Camping and going outdoors isn't new. May be new to you, but off roading was born of vets of WWII wanting a taste of life outside like they experienced during the war, which is why the Bronco was first released in 1966 as there was a market there.

Before WWII, think the history of the American expansion West, same thing, just on horses. This is a frontier country, so being outdoors isn't a trend. off roading in Vehicles is called normal life down here in the South and that isn't starting with the Bronco.

I get vehicle forum fan boy talk, let them tell it, this will outsell the F-150; it won't. Ford barely turned a profit last year which was down by over 3 billon from the year before. It's going to take some time to climb back up, won't be overnight like many of you dream. Guys aren't passing on a Ferrari for Broncos either.

Most buyers won't take this thing off of anything more than a dirt road let alone crawl rocks. Bronco was built to be driven hard and it will feel like it. This feel isn't for everyone, particularly those who'll be n00bs out on trails with no recovery gear because it was too expensive.

There isn't a "finger on a pulse" dude, this stuff isn't new or news. There is an army of people who make a lot of money studying this stuff and brainwashing... err selling products and grand ideas of them to guys like you. You know, who just feel original and as if this were some miraculous idea that YOU came up with yourself and makes you unique.... You're not.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking forward to seeing any results you come up with!
So.... I know that we were told the numbers were non-sequential. But, if you look at the reservation dates people have posted along with their reservation numbers, there is some kind of correlation involving the first 3-4 digits. Once you get into the higher numbers of the 102xxxxx reservations, pretty much all of those dates are after 7/14. My reservation is a very, very numerically low reservation and I made it right at 10pm central time (8pm Pacific) on Monday night, the 13th. I refreshed and refreshed my window to get in and reserve as quickly as possible. At the top of the list, if you sort by reservation number, low to high, you'll find most of the lower numbers are all 7/13 reservations, and some 7/14s. I highlighted the cells on my Excel spreadsheet with conditional formatting and the way the colors group up make just makes this stand out. Like I said, there are a few exceptions, but not many. As the reservation goes up numerically, more of the reservations are 07/14.

It doesn't look like a certain model seems to matter, except the First Editions. We all know the reservations maxed out on those, so of course they are grouped up along with the early reservations, which seems to also show some kind of sequential order. There may be some anomalies as I removed incomplete dates and reservations from the spreadsheet and substituted in 0's for the Reservation numbers that had X's to hide their last few digits, but, after that, the highest number left on the list for a First Edition reservation is 10138056.

The other models and number of doors appear to have no actual correlation to a reservation number that I can see at this time.

Jamesgang

Base
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ford super duty
Your Bronco Model
Base
The super duty plant in Kentucky builds 88 truck an hour. That’s 10560 trucks a week if they work 24 hours a day 5 days a week.

4E88B727-6A20-42F2-8F53-147138008952.png

Sponsored

Jamesgang

Base
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ford super duty
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would assume the reservation numbers don’t mean anything. I could have a low number but if someone with a high number orders his a week before me and he orders with a large dealer that sales a lot of cars he would get his before me. I ordered my truck in 2011 and the dealers status made more difference then anything when it came to getting my truck built. I would assume it’s no different now.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Unless someone pulls a rabbit out of the hat, I don't think we can decipher the order or quantity of reservations.. Both my reservations were made before midnight EST and are dated 7/14 even though I clearly made them on 7/13. My first reservation has a much higher number than first. My Badlands # puts me 41 sequentially, but my FE puts me at about mid pack out of the 1400ish reservations. My FE reservation was placed 2 hours before my Badlands... Yes I plan on buying the FE... The Badlands.. Maybe up or down model wise...

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would assume the reservation numbers don’t mean anything. I could have a low number but if someone with a high number orders his a week before me and he orders with a large dealer that sales a lot of cars he would get his before me. I ordered my truck in 2011 and the dealers status made more difference then anything when it came to getting my truck built. I would assume it’s no different now.
Yes. These are just reservation numbers. When orders open, this is definitely not going to be used to determine the order in which they are manufactured.
Our vehicles will be built in the order that best utilizes the resources. There's no reason to build all the trucks coming to Texas at different times just because of when they were ordered. It just makes sense that they'll be grouped up for shipping costs.

Imprezive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Feel or believe whatever and however you want man. Camping and going outdoors isn't new. May be new to you, but off roading was born of vets of WWII wanting a taste of life outside like they experienced during the war, which is why the Bronco was first released in 1966 as there was a market there.

Before WWII, think the history of the American expansion West, same thing, just on horses. This is a frontier country, so being outdoors isn't a trend. off roading in Vehicles is called normal life down here in the South and that isn't starting with the Bronco.

I get vehicle forum fan boy talk, let them tell it, this will outsell the F-150; it won't. Ford barely turned a profit last year which was down by over 3 billon from the year before. It's going to take some time to climb back up, won't be overnight like many of you dream. Guys aren't passing on a Ferrari for Broncos either.

Most buyers won't take this thing off of anything more than a dirt road let alone crawl rocks. Bronco was built to be driven hard and it will feel like it. This feel isn't for everyone, particularly those who'll be n00bs out on trails with no recovery gear because it was too expensive.

There isn't a "finger on a pulse" dude, this stuff isn't new or news. There is an army of people who make a lot of money studying this stuff and brainwashing... err selling products and grand ideas of them to guys like you. You know, who just feel original and as if this were some miraculous idea that YOU came up with yourself and makes you unique.... You're not.
Don‘t take this the wrong but what are you even talking about? The Bronco will be a trendy vehicle because being outdoors is trendy right now and it’s cool looking. No one is saying that going outside is new but it is popular right now.
Sponsored