DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope everybody is well! I don’t post much and usually rely on the bronco forum to gain insight on general bronco topics. With that said, I thought I would share some information I gained when I spoke with the GM of my dealer today. Here is what he has been told by Ford:

- Dealers have an allocated number of bronco builds for 2021 models (not new info)
However, the issue has turned into stock orders because the majority of bronco reservations included more expensive builds (I.e. the now constrained items, etc). Now Ford has bronco parts laying around, essentially, to build base Broncos, or stock units, but these are not reserved bronco builds.
Therefore, where my dealer may have had 35 allotted for 2021 model builds, they now have 10 stock units being built and delivered, which is coming out of the 35 allotted retail builds. As a result, dealers will have 10 bronco builds sitting on the lot, but they come at the expense of the retail builds and reduce the allotted amount.
I was told this today, and now unless I change my build to get rid of the tow package, mic, and modular bumper, I’m prob looking at 2022 as well.
If somebody has different info, I’m all ears. Don’t shoot the messenger, I am just passing info along I came across today.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think your dealers info is spot on. As I've said before, it hurts to see Bronco's on dealers lots before I can even get a sniff at a build date. But I understand that Ford can't sit back, and not build units. They are in the business to makes profits, and heads would roll if they didn't do everything they could to make those profits. Knowing mine would be a '22 from the get go, I'm not changing anything. I wants what I wants. But, there is an opportunity for those willing to accept something different from their original build.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't heard anything official from my dealer, but it makes sense. The question is do you drop everything and get something that everyone else has or do you wait until your Unicorn arrives just the way you want it?

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope everybody is well! I don’t post much and usually rely on the bronco forum to gain insight on general bronco topics. With that said, I thought I would share some information I gained when I spoke with the GM of my dealer today. Here is what he has been told by Ford:

- Dealers have an allocated number of bronco builds for 2021 models (not new info)
However, the issue has turned into stock orders because the majority of bronco reservations included more expensive builds (I.e. the now constrained items, etc). Now Ford has bronco parts laying around, essentially, to build base Broncos, or stock units, but these are not reserved bronco builds.
Therefore, where my dealer may have had 35 allotted for 2021 model builds, they now have 10 stock units being built and delivered, which is coming out of the 35 allotted retail builds. As a result, dealers will have 10 bronco builds sitting on the lot, but they come at the expense of the retail builds and reduce the allotted amount.
I was told this today, and now unless I change my build to get rid of the tow package, mic, and modular bumper, I’m prob looking at 2022 as well.
If somebody has different info, I’m all ears. Don’t shoot the messenger, I am just passing info along I came across today.
Just curious, what is your timestamp?

Sponsored
OP
OP

DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious, what is your timestamp?
Mine is 07/25/2020. I ordered a 4dr OBX cactus gray with mic top, high package, modular front bumper, and tow package.
im Not upset at all, it is what it is and when it’s my time it’s my time. Obviously I want to have the bronco, but it’s not in my control.

there are some who have leases ending, etc, so I feel for them.

OP
OP

DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had seen ppl commenting about mannequins etc, and when I heard this today… I thought it made sense and coming directly from the GM, it would be worth sharing. I’m not included in that original allotment anyway, so I’ll see you all in 2022 model haha

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is 07/25/2020. I ordered a 4dr OBX cactus gray with mic top, high package, modular front bumper, and tow package.
im Not upset at all, it is what it is and when it’s my time it’s my time. Obviously I want to have the bronco, but it’s not in my control.

there are some who have leases ending, etc, so I feel for them.
I am a late day 2 reservation with a timestamp day 3. My build is a BL, SAS, 2.7l, tow, high, and I just switched to a soft top. I am still hoping for a MY21.

OP
OP

DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What will happen now, though, is ppl will miss out on 2021 model they may have initially been within the allotment for due to a portion of those going to stock units. I’m sure some will not be happy, but we are blessed to be in a position to enjoy this car at some point, so be thankful is my opinion

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't heard anything official from my dealer, but it makes sense. The question is do you drop everything and get something that everyone else has or do you wait until your Unicorn arrives just the way you want it?
💎🙌

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fine. I’ll wait but by god I better not see more Wildtraks delivered as Mannequin/Demos if they’re so freaking rare. Save the damn things and pitch/sell the BB’s! Quit selling folks unicorns if they can’t build ‘em.

OP
OP

DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am a late day 2 reservation with a timestamp day 3. My build is a BL, SAS, 2.7l, tow, high, and I just switched to a soft top. I am still hoping for a MY21.
Ahh.. I forgot to mention mine is 2.7l as well.

the dealer told me switching to 2.3 and soft too is the best way to get one earlier, but unless an aftermarket comes up with a hard top, u can’t buy one until 2023 anyway. It’s a difficult decision, but I’ll prob just wait on my build instead of changing to things I initially didn’t want

OP
OP

DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fine. I’ll wait but by god I better not see more Wildtraks delivered as Mannequin/Demos if they’re so freaking rare. Save the damn things and pitch/sell the BB’s! Quit selling folks unicorns if they can’t build ‘em.
Lol, I have yet to see one in person even though it seems many have had the opportunity on here. If one shows up at my dealer, I will head there that day to see one in person, but I imagine all stock units will be soft tops with 2.3l engines and an occasional extra such as tow package or high package, etc.

plus they will be marked up like a white board

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ahh.. I forgot to mention mine is 2.7l as well.

the dealer told me switching to 2.3 and soft too is the best way to get one earlier, but unless an aftermarket comes up with a hard top, u can’t buy one until 2023 anyway. It’s a difficult decision, but I’ll prob just wait on my build instead of changing to things I initially didn’t want
Yeah, I am not changing anything other then the top. If it doesn’t make a difference in MY21, I can always go back to the MIC top when we re-order for MY22. It is what it is.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, this has been discussed ad nauseum for the last few weeks now. If a dealer doesn't have a buildable unit from the reservation list then they will get a stock soft top order to fulfill that months allocation.
Sponsored