Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think honoring the allocation was the best way,
Allocations weren't a thing for many months. Ford was going to do this by reservation time stamp as close as possible. I think the reservation holders are a little more than miffed that allocations at your dealer became just as important as time stamp.

Someone's basic BB build may not happen because of dealer allocations. I appreciate your candor but this rubs me a little wrong. I would argue that honoring timestamp would be the best way. Let dealers catch up in 2022. Those that didn't get all their allocations in 2021 will be first to get 2022 Bronco allocations. Dealers are getting their numbers in 2021, reservation holders are not.
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have read all 7 pages of this thread and there’s lots of frustration here, all understandable. I too won’t be getting my BL MIC 2.3 7MT High Tow any time soon.

I’m a helper by nature and I see a solution for the most frustrated of you - buy a stock model and sell it when your order comes in. You’ll likely get what you paid for it and you could enjoy the rest of the summer in a soft top of some sort.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect this does not apply to the mythical 2 door

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Allocations weren't a thing for many months. Ford was going to do this by reservation time stamp as close as possible. I think the reservation holders are a little more than miffed that allocations at your dealer became just as important as time stamp.

Someone's basic BB build may not happen because of dealer allocations. I appreciate your candor but this rubs me a little wrong. I would argue that honoring timestamp would be the best way. Let dealers catch up in 2022. Those that didn't get all their allocations in 2021 will be first to get 2022 Bronco allocations. Dealers are getting their numbers in 2021, reservation holders are not.
Allocations were always part of it, that's how production is distributed. A basic BB will get built as long as it's soft top, that's what we're saying.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fine. I’ll wait but by god I better not see more Wildtraks delivered as Mannequin/Demos if they’re so freaking rare. Save the damn things and pitch/sell the BB’s! Quit selling folks unicorns if they can’t build ‘em.
It Sho Was Fun to drive! I must Say!!

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But if it affects the allocations for this year and bumps ppl back into 2022 that’s ridiculous….
And there lies the rub.
I can see it a couple months from now: "We have all the constrained parts to build your Bronco now but your dealer used all their allocations on stock units."
Give the dealers their stock units but don't count them against allocations.

Lukeswags23

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And there lies the rub.
I can see it a couple months from now: "We have all the constrained parts to build your Bronco now but your dealer used all their allocations on stock units."
Give the dealers their stock units but don't count them against allocations.
Agreed….

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Gloff Thank you for helping us navigate our way to owning a Bronco.
The sad part is most dealers do not communicate the constrained commodities with their potential owners. Yet the dealers know what is pending in their order bank. By having the knowledge of the order bank and the constrained commodities, they can easily configure a stock Bronco. I guess as always, "buyer beware"!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All Ford has to do to get back on track, well the best they can with the situation, is back pedal just a little bit and go return to the original promise to treat Timestamp as key.

I think most people can accept the fact that their build got skipped over because they chose to hold out for limited commodities, but knowing nobody 'past them' got it, including dealer stock.

But because Ford is looking at time stamps on a dealer by dealer basis, we have people that have later time stamps with moving up in line simply because they're at a dealer that has more allocations.

If they would just look at time stamps Ford-wide (Limiting to the March Cuttoff), and then use Dealer stock to only fill in the gaps afterwards...it would make things so much better.

At it's simplest example say Ford builds 500 Broncos, but 200 of them were able to be built to a Reservation's Spec. Those 200 go to their owners, irregardless if they're all at the same dealer or 200 dealers.

And then the remaining 300 are divied up per whatever crazy allocation formula that Ford normally does.

It's near exactly what they're doing now But with that simple change, it eliminates most of the frustrations that we are experiencing when some later reservation, dealer demo, or stock order with the same or similar build shows up.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All Ford has to do to get back on track, well the best they can with the situation, is back pedal just a little bit and go return to the original promise to treat Timestamp as key.

I think most people can accept the fact that their build got skipped over because they chose to hold out for limited commodities, but knowing nobody 'past them' got it, including dealer stock.

But because Ford is looking at time stamps on a dealer by dealer basis, we have people that have later time stamps with moving up in line simply because they're at a dealer that has more allocations.

If they would just look at time stamps Ford-wide (Limiting to the March Cuttoff), and then use Dealer stock to only fill in the gaps afterwards...it would make things so much better.

At it's simplest example say Ford builds 500 Broncos, but 200 of them were able to be built to a Reservation's Spec. Those 200 go to their owners, irregardless if they're all at the same dealer or 200 dealers.

And then the remaining 300 are divied up per whatever crazy allocation formula that Ford normally does.

It's near exactly what they're doing now But with that simple change, it eliminates most of the frustrations that we are experiencing when some later reservation, dealer demo, or stock order with the same or similar build shows up.
I concur. The big frustration is not even knowing if you're going to be pushed back because your dealer ran out of allocation on stock units before the commodities for yours became available. My dealer has been.pretty forthcoming with his frustrations over this whole process but couldn't (or wouldn't?) answer whether he though he'd have allocation room for mine.

Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It all comes back down to communication, doesn't it?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The allocation thing didn't become a hot button issue till the big dealers got wind or smaller dealers drawing from around the country with great deals.

i support the little dealers who have great deals, but they did put their thumb on the scale of normal distribution of orders based on geographic location. I suspect Ford would have been more able to builtin time stamp order if this phenomenon didn't occur.

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If my order doesn’t get fulfilled, I’m seriously thinking about going the Tremor route. Though, I could run into similar issues.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TBH at this point I am glad I have a ton of constraints. I would rather land a first Q MY22 than a late MY21.

2dr/Lux/Sas/2.7 X 2

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If my order doesn’t get fulfilled, I’m seriously thinking about going the Tremor route. Though, I could run into similar issues.
I saw a Ranger Roush at the dealer and it was pretty damn nice.
Sponsored