Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The allocation thing didn't become a hot button issue till the big dealers got wind or smaller dealers drawing from around the country with great deals.

i support the little dealers who have great deals, but they did put their thumb on the scale of normal distribution of orders based on geographic location. I suspect Ford would have been more able to builtin time stamp order if this phenomenon didn't occur.
That didn't become a problem until Ford pulled X-plan. I would have been fine sticking with my local dealer until they did away with X-plan.
Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Gloff Thank you for helping us navigate our way to owning a Bronco.
The sad part is most dealers do not communicate the constrained commodities with their potential owners. Yet the dealers know what is pending in their order bank. By having the knowledge of the order bank and the constrained commodities, they can easily configure a stock Bronco. I guess as always, "buyer beware"!
Happy to help.

Our store uses a service to build our inventory, and I'm sure a lot of stores do. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the managers know nothing about how Ford builds vehicles. I only know about this stuff because of my involvement in the Focus RS program. I am the kind of person that takes apart things to see how they work, so wanting to learn the ins and outs of Ford's production is enjoyable for me. There are not a lot of dealers that care about that stuff.

I could be off base, but I think that a modified Hanlon's Razor applies here: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ignorance."