First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it - it looks ugly. That’s not what this is about.

I have keyless entry on my ‘03 Excursion and I LOVE the functionality, and I would really like to have this functionality on the Bronco without this hideous thing right on the door.

On new Ford vehicles, if you order the vehicle WITHOUT keyless entry pad, can you add it later? And where could it be added? Is it truly a wireless stick-on thing? Or is it wired? If your vehicle didn’t have the pad and you added one, where would the Ford master code for programming your pad be found?

I’ve never changed batteries on the one in my Excursion so I’m assuming that one is wired, but maybe ones on newer vehicles are wireless?

If truly wireless stick-on - I’d put it in the gas door area or maybe back behind the spare tire or something.
Sponsored

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Think of it like a remote keyfob with 5 buttons instead of an unlock/lock button.

They are battery powered RF transmitters that attach with adhesive. You could literally attach it anywhere. The gas door is a cool idea.

You can buy them separately through Ford Parts after the sale.

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think of it like a remote keyfob with 5 buttons instead of an unlock/lock button.

They are battery powered RF transmitters that attach with adhesive. You could literally attach it anywhere. The gas door is a cool idea.

You can buy them separately through Ford Parts after the sale.
BOOM! Thanks for the fast clear answer. That is CLEARLY the way to go.

Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the keyless entry on my Fusion and use all the time. It does not look bad. The one on the Bronco is hideous and should have been given more thought. Thanks for pointing out that it could be places in an inconspicuous place, great idea. I assume each car comes with a code even if it is not equipped with the keypad. They wanted to charge an outrageous charge to look mine up so I crawled under the dash and got it for free thanks to the internet.

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the keyless entry on my Fusion and use all the time. It does not look bad. The one on the Bronco is hideous and should have been given more thought. Thanks for pointing out that it could be places in an inconspicuous place, great idea. I assume each car comes with a code even if it is not equipped with the keypad. They wanted to charge an outrageous charge to look mine up so I crawled under the dash and got it for free thanks to the internet.
That’s how I got mine on an old F-250 I had! Literally sat upside down in the drivers seat and spied it on some sticker the internet said was supposed to be there ?

luckily for my Excursion it was posted in the owners manual...

Scooter

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It says for a Factory remote start. You can't get a remote start on a Manual Transmission. Not understanding why it says that
Yeah, some of the newer vehicles have the keyless entry tied into the remote start functions. The older versions were separate. I don't know if you could just buy the keypad or if you have to buy the remote start to get it to work.

Sponsored

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have it on my Fusion and Escape and its great but here's the catch. Part of the advantage of it is you can leave your key in the car. Without doors and remote start I'm pretty sure you wouldn't leave the key there. It becomes less functional because of that. Plus on the Mid package you get IntelliLock Access which is either 1. Sensor on the door with the key nearby that opens the door or 2. An app that allows you to unlock and start without being close (not sure which yet). Either way the door key pad becomes less valuable and functional. I am opting to not get it because of the IntelliLock and will carry the key with me most of the time as a trade off.

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have a Lincoln 2019 MKC with keyless entry, remote start, and the Lincoln Way app. Last summer I left my keys and cell phone in my golf bag with the car locked. Used keypad to unlock it......won’t happen often, but it can!

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fusion has it built in. Hell, you can barely see it, until it lights up when you touch it. It's not a stick on piece of crap. I would love for the Bronco to be the same, but it looks like that isn't happening. I want the convenience, but it sure is ugly.

Witout

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gmc Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Parents had it on a Mark VI. Made sense I guess then but now with comfort access and remote fobs I just don't get the point.
Sponsored