First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It will be going to Phaze II Autobody in Westford, MA. My fear still is getting the rapid red a good match. On the large flat slab of a side the Bronco has. A mismatch on the door will stick out.

Ha! And I was worried about the holes from the front license plate before. Silly me.
Jim at Phaze II is the absolute best, he has a long lead time, but my F150 is with him this week. He will get your Bronco back to new condition.

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly why I always park miles away from others. My vehicle can be ten years old and I still would rather walk a good distance then deal with some fool hitting my vehicle. I catch hell from the wife about parking som far away, but I counter the beef by pointing out the cardiovascular benefits acquired by walking the extra distance. Although, once my wife’s Escape got dented by a person opening their car door on a windy day, and the kind soul actually left their information. So not e Rey one is an A hole.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP - Really sorry to see this, and I totally feel your pain. My 2011 2SS Camaro that I had watched being built online after ordering it was rear ended within 3 weeks of ownership. It sucks big time. Hopefully you'll get it sorted quickly and easily without too much hassle. Good luck!

But do you mind if I ask why you back in?

I see people do this all the time and it kinda confuses me. Your car is now facing the opposite way of everyone else that parks head in. And I've noticed that it lines the car that is backed in more susceptible to damage, because it's not aligned with the other cars. i.e. your front doors are to the back of a car parked next to you. And now your mirrors are in the way of the car parked head in trying to open their back doors. And as we all know, who sits in the back of cars? kids. and now you've made it more complicated for a kid to get in & out of their door. Plus people getting to the front doors need to do some matrix moves to avoid your mirrors.

I'm generally just curious to why people do this, as I've never understood the reasoning behind it. In fact, when possible, I try not to park next to cars facing the wrong way. (maybe this is why you do it?)
Personally, I back into spaces all the time. For two main reasons:
1. I would prefer to back into a parking space, than have to back out the space later on into a lane of traffic.
2. I currently drive a Camaro with a low front lip on it, I don't want to hit a parking curb with that front lip. When I back in, I have the back up camera and I can park right at the back of the spot.

We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee as well, and I alway park that back first, for reason 1. above.

It's all personal preference, I just like to pull straight out of a parking spot.

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just pretend it’s a tree or a rock that hit it. Grab some sand paper and rough it up to make it look like you did something besides park at the end of a run.
That is not the type of response to somebody damaging a parked car I'd expect from a Vincent Vega avatar.
My sympathies, OP. A few years back somebody hit me on the interstate and caused a multicar pileup while I was driving my new car to the DMV to get it titled and get temp tags. It was totaled out before I had even made a payment or paid taxes on it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't usually back in actually. But just decided to that time and showing my son the surround view cameras.

I've never considered backing in to Bea problem for others. Besides, this is from a bumper not a door I'm guessing.

OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jim at Phaze II is the absolute best, he has a long lead time, but my F150 is with him this week. He will get your Bronco back to new condition.

Does your F150 have aluminum panels?

I was told by a coworker today that when he went to get his F250 repaired and talked to Jim he said he was getting to old and wasn't doing aluminum panels.

He ended up going to Clark's in Pepperell.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that sucks man, and I'm sorry that happened to you.

It doesn’t look at all like a door ding, more like the OP’s Bronco was hit. It wouldn’t matter which direction you parked in all likelihood.

Off topic, many people like me who’ve worked at hazardous job sites are trained to always back into parking spots. In the event on an emergency you are driving straight out and not trying to back out along with everyone else on site. It’s a safety issue and it is definitely safer to back in/drive out than the opposite.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i back into spots when the spot is harder to get out of than in to. I also like to back in to spots when i'm parking facing a curb, though that is probably a relic of my pickup truck (bed overhang leaves less poking into the lot) and sedan (rear bumper has camera and usually more clearance than front bumper) driving days. On a bronco that second category really doesn't matter as there's tons of front clearance on a short vehicle (getting a 2dr myself) with similar front and rear overhang.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always back in or pull all the way through. It is much easier to back my Ram 1500 into a parking spot and leave head first rather than the other way around, especially if space is tight and other idiots speeding thru the lot are not paying attention. Easier to see little kids running by or anything else that way too.

Especially in smaller, tighter lots built for cars from like 1970, so you don't have to do a multi point turn exit when people fill in around you, like if someone in a giant suburban parks on the opposite side and leaves it hanging out too far

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man, I'm glad I'm getting old. I don't go to half the places i used too. I will park a mile away if I ever have to take it out. I'm lucky to keep my daily driver, so hopefully i can avoid this. I dont know what it is about Oklahoma, maybe its the wind come sweeping down the plane. But its hard to find a car that doesn't at least have a door ding then a dent like yours or worse.

Good luck on getting fixed better then NEW my friend. God Speed!

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That really sucks and I am really sorry that happened to you. I would be pissed for days and every time I saw it. It will get fixed and it's another part of history for your legendary Bronco.

If the Bronco has 360 degree cameras, why couldn't they capture what happened? I am not sure how they work or if they work when the vehicle is off.

As a side, Thanks OP for testing the rock rails for the mall crawler crew ;) You just didn't know you were helping others and it hurts...

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know it doesn't help now, and it's a huge inconvenience at the time, but I'd do a police report there at the scene before moving it.

My next door neighbor was parked along the side of our dead end street. Someone somehow side swiped or backed into or some other way hit their car. Cops came. Took all the pictures. Found some bits of the hit and run vehicle. They did all the door to door checks for our street facing cameras if any... you'd probably get more cooperation from businesses with a policeman in tow. Then you also have the police report number to use in the insurance claim.

Andhow, sorry this happened to you! Good luck. It'll all buff out eventually.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was near the outside edge of the lot. I'm not so sure they have any there. The place doesn't open until 7pm tonight. So I will call then.

I was also next to the edge of a US Postal Service. I will be calling them too but I'm not so sure they will be much help.
USPS vehicles carry no license plates and probably no annual state inspection - plus driver is on wrong side

OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That really sucks and I am really sorry that happened to you. I would be pissed for days and every time I saw it. It will get fixed and it's another part of history for your legendary Bronco.

If the Bronco has 360 degree cameras, why couldn't they capture what happened? I am not sure how they work or if they work when the vehicle is off.

As a side, Thanks OP for testing the rock rails for the mall crawler crew ;) You just didn't know you were helping others and it hurts...
I do have the 360 cameras but unfortunately they don't do that. Luckily the rail saved the rocker panel.
Sponsored