First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it doesn't help now, and it's a huge inconvenience at the time, but I'd do a police report there at the scene before moving it.

My next door neighbor was parked along the side of our dead end street. Someone somehow side swiped or backed into or some other way hit their car. Cops came. Took all the pictures. Found some bits of the hit and run vehicle. They did all the door to door checks for our street facing cameras if any... you'd probably get more cooperation from businesses with a policeman in tow. Then you also have the police report number to use in the insurance claim.

Andhow, sorry this happened to you! Good luck. It'll all buff out eventually.
I actually didn't see the damage until I got home. It was dark out. I have already filed a claim and they are contacting the business to ask about camera footage. I'm also calling when I get out of work to tell them to also contact the post office next door.

If they have outside cameras at the post office then there is a good chance something was caught on camera.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It doesnā€™t look at all like a door ding, more like the OPā€™s Bronco was hit. It wouldnā€™t matter which direction you parked in all likelihood.

Off topic, many people like me whoā€™ve worked at hazardous job sites are trained to always back into parking spots. In the event on an emergency you are driving straight out and not trying to back out along with everyone else on site. Itā€™s a safety issue and it is definitely safer to back in/drive out than the opposite.
They changed on street parking a while back in our "city" to angled back in so that I suppose if you steal a car you can get away faster?

Dang, first dents suck.

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you parked that far away it almost seems intentional and done by a vehicle that has some ground clearance assuming it was a bumper strike. I'm surprised you didn't find an empty can of cheap beer next to it. Sad that people are like that.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still waiting for my Bronco, but I know it's going to get dirty, it's going to get scratched, it's going to get dented.

I figure the sort of person who gets upset over a minor scuff isn't the sort of person that the Bronco was meant for.
Anyone in Elk Grove, Sacramento close enough to kick Bobā€™s new Bronco with some steel toes when he gets it? He wonā€™t mind.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still waiting for my Bronco, but I know it's going to get dirty, it's going to get scratched, it's going to get dented.

I figure the sort of person who gets upset over a minor scuff isn't the sort of person that the Bronco was meant for.
There's a distinct difference between a "scuff" caused by the enjoyment of outdoor adventures and one caused by an a**hat who doesn't know how to park.

There are the types of people that understand empathy and those that clearly don't.

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be going to Phaze II Autobody in Westford, MA. My fear still is getting the rapid red a good match. On the large flat slab of a side the Bronco has. A mismatch on the door will stick out.

Ha! And I was worried about the holes from the front license plate before. Silly me.
I had hood damage from transport. They had to sand blast the hood, work out the dents and re-paint it. I can't tell that anything happened.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually didn't see the damage until I got home. It was dark out. I have already filed a claim and they are contacting the business to ask about camera footage. I'm also calling when I get out of work to tell them to also contact the post office next door.

If they have outside cameras at the post office then there is a good chance something was caught on camera.
Have you contacted the police? In most states what they did is a felony.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do have the 360 cameras but unfortunately they don't do that. Luckily the rail saved the rocker panel.
Still think car manufacturers need to take a playbook from Tesla and create a sentry mode using the 360 cameras the High/Lux package uses for rock crawling and backing out. Tie them into a basic memory drive and have a sensor that starts recording when someone gets near the car. The Model 3 even has it so we're not talking $100k level tech (watch tesla cam stories on youtube).

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ARE YOU F#$%ING KIDDING ME?

I Brought my son to roller skate tonight. Parked in an empty end row. At the end spot, backed in... I can't believe I didn't check the Bronco there...

Got home and was putting the front roof panels back on and found this on the front passenger door. I'm literally on the verge on tears. I don't even have 300 miles on the truck. I also never moved a dash cam I have over to the Bronco.

20211020_215451.jpg

Only pic I have. I can't even look at it right now.

I was in literal disbelief as I was first looking at it, thinking there is no way this is real.

How is this even effing possible? I can still hardly believe this happened.
Have you checked all the buildings around where you parked to see if there were any CCTV cameras? Maybe you can see the car that did it

OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had hood damage from transport. They had to sand blast the hood, work out the dents and re-paint it. I can't tell that anything happened.
Good to hear that. Glad it worked out for you but also I now have hope the paint shades will match after the repair.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you contacted the police? In most states what they did is a felony.
I have not. Only started an insurance claim. I'll call them when I get home today. I'll probably end up having to go to the station to file a report.

OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you checked all the buildings around where you parked to see if there were any CCTV cameras? Maybe you can see the car that did it
My insurance said they will be doing that for me. I'm hoping the post office had a camera that caught it.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It may be something we have to deal with but my 96 Bronco gets hit in parking lots about every 6 months. Luckily I have gnarly 1/4" thick tube bumpers that protect it mostly. Gonna build rails for it on day that support a roof rack from the sides. Then it will be solid for 360 degrees. But yeah someone almost gouged their door on it yesterday at the laundrymat. We are good parkers too, always nice and centered.

Allfun

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does your F150 have aluminum panels?

I was told by a coworker today that when he went to get his F250 repaired and talked to Jim he said he was getting to old and wasn't doing aluminum panels.

He ended up going to Clark's in Pepperell.
Yes, Jim told me the same thing, he wont work on he aluminum. My truck only needed paint work so no issue.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone in Elk Grove, Sacramento close enough to kick Bobā€™s new Bronco with some steel toes when he gets it? He wonā€™t mind.
There's a line between accidental damage, even if the one who caused the accident is an asshole about it; and deliberately damaging someone's property, or encouraging others to do so.

I don't know about this forum, but I know that most have specific rules against using them to encourage criminal activity.

At least now I'm not the biggest asshole on this forum, or in this thread. I guess I should be grateful to you for that.
Sponsored