Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco is going to be my ticket to clawing my way out of a bit of a depression as well as picking up my camera again and heading off into the woods in much the same way as you. My old man was a real outdoorsman he spent most of his life working as a hunting guide, cowboy and fisherman. He passed away in January 2020 of bone cancer and it’s taking me a long time to get over his loss. I had bought a gold claim the summer before he passed with the hopes of being able to spend time with him out there prospecting but he wasn’t able to go there with me due to his failing health. So I put aside all my hobbies and spent every moment of free time I had before and after work by his side. And then came all the pandemic stuff shortly after his passing. It wasn’t until late this summer that I finally took my camera out of the closet and charged up the batteries. Looking forward to a fresh start of sorts much like yourself when my Bronco finally arrives.
Sponsored

adampdx

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing your story and glad you have found some new inspiration!

Curious how the pup fits in the truck.. does he ride in the far back? How does he handle the space in there?

I have a 100lb German shepherd who will be going on Bronco adventures with me once we get one. A bit nervous the back is too small coming from a 2016 Explorer.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great story, glad you are able to get out there again.

The photography in your link.........wow, stunning work

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
congratulations and have a great time with your camera!
I picked mine up at Walnut Creek Ford on Friday (also top experience with them, zero games, great deal and quick buying process). I also bought this as my adventure mobile, dust off my camera gear and get out and exploring again after a longer hiatus.
I've driven more over the weekend than I have in the last couple of months and I still can't wipe the grin off my face 🙃

I hoping to fit in a trip to the sierras before the snow comes Love the Hope Valley area up there and so much more to explore.

Hopefully more and more people will get their Broncos, it's worth the wait for sure. I'm heading out for mini adventure #3 a bit later today :)

Keep sharing photos from your adventures!
I read really good things about Walnut Creek Ford. Keep snapping those pictures. I’m sure these Bronco grins are going to be lasting a long time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco is going to be my ticket to clawing my way out of a bit of a depression as well as picking up my camera again and heading off into the woods in much the same way as you. My old man was a real outdoorsman he spent most of his life working as a hunting guide, cowboy and fisherman. He passed away in January 2020 of bone cancer and it’s taking me a long time to get over his loss. I had bought a gold claim the summer before he passed with the hopes of being able to spend time with him out there prospecting but he wasn’t able to go there with me due to his failing health. So I put aside all my hobbies and spent every moment of free time I had before and after work by his side. And then came all the pandemic stuff shortly after his passing. It wasn’t until late this summer that I finally took my camera out of the closet and charged up the batteries. Looking forward to a fresh start of sorts much like yourself when my Bronco finally arrives.
I’m very sorry for the loss of your husband. You did everything possible. When it’s time, you will get back out there and fill up good stuff with your time. I’m hoping Bronco comes sooner than later to help you out.

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing your story and glad you have found some new inspiration!

Curious how the pup fits in the truck.. does he ride in the far back? How does he handle the space in there?

I have a 100lb German shepherd who will be going on Bronco adventures with me once we get one. A bit nervous the back is too small coming from a 2016 Explorer.
He fits perfect all the way back there and absolutely loves it. He’s 82 lbs. I have to get Samson a thin hard foam padded bed that goes over the ford rubber liner for all the off road bumps.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might be the first Bronco in Tahoe! Best place on planet earth to drive with the top of in the summer and your dog riding with you! Hoping mine gets built this week and will see you on the roads or Rubicon soon!

You see a Cactus Grey Badlands with this guy riding shotgun you will know who it is.
Ford Bronco Something Happened! Sammys Bronco has me going to new places, to experience and capture again. Bronco is worth the wait!!! IMG_7974

He also helps with the oil changes...
Ford Bronco Something Happened! Sammys Bronco has me going to new places, to experience and capture again. Bronco is worth the wait!!! IMG_8131

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last Thursday I picked up my new A51 Badlands in Carson City, at Capital Ford. They were great to work with. Definitely use them if you’re in the area.

From the moment I saw it, I was more than happy. After getting behind the wheel, you couldn’t get the smile off my face. This Bronco will be my at home and weekend vehicle. I bought this to get me back out shooting photography again, after taking a 2 1/2 year break.

Two and a half years ago my golden retriever “Big Max” came down with Laryngeal Paralysis, and a tumor on his larynx (with a 3% survival rate). Well, he survived the tumor and it was up to me to make his life the best it could be with Laryngeal Paralysis. It took most and eventually all of my free time. I canceled plans for traveling and stopped my photography and dedicated my time to his health until he passed over a year ago. Before his illness, Big Max went with me on more than half of my photo shoots you can see here.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/1and0hound/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/1and0hound/albums/72157629034037105

Fast forward, I got a new boy named Samson (aka Sammy), but my heart just wasn’t into going out to shoot again. This Sunday morning I woke up and had an urge to pack up the Bronco (AKA Sammys Bronco) and Sammy. We headed out of Tahoe onto 395 scenic route to asses the Eastern Sierra fall colors. We took a turn to Summers Meadow. Never been there before, but it was a gravel road, that led to rocky road several miles. Boy, was it fun traveling in that Badlands at full speed. Then having to put it in 4A as things got steeper and rockier. I was nervous and thought I was going to put new pin striping along as the road got more narrow. Im scheduled for Off Rodeo in Nevada Oct 30th, because I don’t know squat about off roading.

What happened today is that between the Bronco and my new boy Sammy, it clicked! Im now going to be adventuring out like I used to, during my off time. It’s not about the picture you take and hang on the wall, or sell, it’s about being there at that moment you’re taking the pictures and seeing it with your own eyes.

Thank you Ford, for making the best vehicle I could want, for getting me to new places, to experience and capture. Bronco is worth the wait!!!

I left my professional cameras at home for this scouting mission and used my iPhone.

Edit: Max was adopted at 3. He did live a wonderful life, over 15 1/2 years old. I couldn’t ask for more.

Ford Bronco Something Happened! Sammys Bronco has me going to new places, to experience and capture again. Bronco is worth the wait!!! IMG_8131

I realize that words are inadequate, but I am sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Big Max. I am glad that now you have Sammy in your life, and that your new Bronco has inspired you to get back out there. Your photos are simply stunning. Congrats!

Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What can I say? I am really sorry for your loss. It is tough to lose anyone you love, let alone a parent. I have lost both of my parents and I still feel a little like an orphan. The feelings never go away, but over time it does become a little more bearable.

I am glad that you were able to spend as much time with your dad as you could; you will never regret that. I hope you get your Bronco soon, and that it will be just the thing you need to get you out of the house, and exploring and taking photos again.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last Thursday I picked up my new A51 Badlands in Carson City, at Capital Ford. They were great to work with. Definitely use them if you’re in the area.

From the moment I saw it, I was more than happy. After getting behind the wheel, you couldn’t get the smile off my face. This Bronco will be my at home and weekend vehicle. I bought this to get me back out shooting photography again, after taking a 2 1/2 year break.

Two and a half years ago my golden retriever “Big Max” came down with Laryngeal Paralysis, and a tumor on his larynx (with a 3% survival rate). Well, he survived the tumor and it was up to me to make his life the best it could be with Laryngeal Paralysis. It took most and eventually all of my free time. I canceled plans for traveling and stopped my photography and dedicated my time to his health until he passed over a year ago. Before his illness, Big Max went with me on more than half of my photo shoots you can see here.
Great story! I am blown away by those photos on flickr...you have real talent, keep up the great work!

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fast forward, I got a new boy named Samson (aka Sammy), but my heart just wasn’t into going out to shoot again. This Sunday morning I woke up and had an urge to pack up the Bronco (AKA Sammys Bronco) and Sammy. We headed out of Tahoe onto 395 scenic route to asses the Eastern Sierra fall colors. We took a turn to Summers Meadow. Never been there before, but it was a gravel road, that led to rocky road several miles. Boy, was it fun traveling in that Badlands at full speed. Then having to put it in 4A as things got steeper and rockier. I was nervous and thought I was going to put new pin striping along as the road got more narrow. Im scheduled for Off Rodeo in Nevada Oct 30th, because I don’t know squat about off roading.

What happened today is that between the Bronco and my new boy Sammy, it clicked! Im now going to be adventuring out like I used to, during my off time. It’s not about the picture you take and hang on the wall, or sell, it’s about being there at that moment you’re taking the pictures and seeing it with your own eyes.

Thank you Ford, for making the best vehicle I could want, for getting me to new places, to experience and capture. Bronco is worth the wait!!!

I left my professional cameras at home for this scouting mission and used my iPhone.

Edit: Max was adopted at 3. He did live a wonderful life, over 15 1/2 years old. I couldn’t ask for more.
Thanks for sharing and giving us hope - hope that our Bronco will someday come and that our beloved best friends will be there with us when it does.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great post, thanks for telling the story. I'm also going to use the bronco for my dog adventures. I have running dogs, saluki, and haven't been going as far as I used to since my kids were young. Now they're out of the house, and a new generation of Saluki are ready for adventures, camping, running rabbits. Here is the 6 month old last week, getting big and ready for longer hikes. (I'm a photographer too).
51509564353_b409bf90c7_b.jpg
Sponsored