wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it may have been asked before but now that it is coming down to the wire to lock in your order I'll ask again.....

Say you got a early reservation date:
Can't you just order exactly what you want and if it does not get built and delivered when you want it just say thanks but no thanks? will the puchase contract lock you in or will there be wiggle room to back out..
Sponsored

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it may have been asked before but now that it is coming down to the wire to lock in your order I'll ask again.....

Can't you just order exactly what you want and if it does not get built and delivered when you want it just say thanks but no thanks? will the puchase contract lock you in or will there be wiggle room to back out..
If you put a non refundable deposit down, you'd lose that. There's no purchase contract, just a build sheet.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can modify your order as much as you want all the way up until the build is actually ā€œscheduled.ā€ This is when the VIN is assigned and the parts will start going together in about 2 weeks.

Depending on your timestamp and parts availability, this could be many months away.

You can also cancel your order without penalty up until this point was well. Nothing was build or assigned... so no harm, no foul. (Assuming you donā€™t sign a weird contract with your dealer or agree to a non-refundable deposit that holds even if the vehicle is cancelled before itā€™s ever built and delivered)

So, place your order. In May Ford will give you a delivery window estimate. If itā€™s really soon you wonā€™t have much of a window to make changes but youā€™ll get your Bronco soon.

If the estimate puts it a ways off, youā€™ve got all that time to either modify your order or decide itā€™s too far away and cancel it altogether.

If you wait until the VIN is assigned and vehicle gets built and ultimately delivered, then there is a harm because the dealer is potentially sitting on a vehicle that would count against them if they sell it to someone other than you. This is where a non-refundable deposit should come into play. Obviously theyā€™ll be able to turn around and find a buyer, but itā€™s not totally benign at that point.

Last edited:

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

they will keep your deposit

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone who is a slightly later reserve date...I would give anything to move up to a day 1 or 2 spot because I can guarantee Iā€™m driving away with my Bronco.

I have this feeling that there is a certain number of very early res holders that are much more willing to walk away. Their Broncos will get built first, they can walk away, then someone else gets that Bronco off the lot while I have to keep up with my agonizing wait!

I WANT THAT SPOT!! Lol

(Definitely not accusing you of this @wordstew! Just whining haha šŸ˜­šŸ˜­)

Sponsored
OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who is a slightly later reserve date...I would give anything to move up to a day 1 or 2 spot because I can guarantee Iā€™m driving away with my Bronco.

I have this feeling that there is a certain number of very early res holders that are much more willing to walk away. Their Broncos will get built first, they can walk away, then someone else gets that Bronco off the lot while I have to keep up with my agonizing wait!

I WANT THAT SPOT!! Lol

(Definitely not accusing you of this @wordstew! Just whining haha šŸ˜­šŸ˜­)
I hear ya buddy

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It depends on the contract you sign.
Even with a contract, car buyers are such a protected class that--aside from non-refundable deposit--you're likely not liable for it until you take delivery and put the wheels onto public roads.

You think dealerships are able to sue people for not buying cars or not qualifying to buy a car? The buyer has a ridiculous amount of power.

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even with a contract, car buyers are such a protected class that--aside from non-refundable deposit--you're likely not liable for it until you take delivery and put the wheels onto public roads.

You think dealerships are able to sue people for not buying cars or not qualifying to buy a car? The buyer has a ridiculous amount of power.
good to know

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

That's exactly what I did and will do if it takes too long to be built. My salesman said that was fine.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which CG? I was undecided at first....then I changed my mind and went with CG!
Sponsored