First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wont be the first but i will order a tune with mine, second model year that is. Hopefully there will be some other bolt on kits with real world tests done by then. If i can get power up over 350 and torque over 400, then i will be happy till its paid off. After that just save a couple thousand for a replacement long block, then throw power at the original block and see where i can get it.

I dont knpw how necessary headers will be on the turbo but tune, intercooler, and mufflers seem
Ike a good place to start. Never had a turbo motor, im excited to figure out what works on em.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5* Tune when one becomes available and exhaust. Replace stock air filter. That should open up ~50hp and ~75lbft I hope. That's good enough for me!

OP
OP
5.0Maverick

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeesh I never thought about saying headers vs down pipe before hahaha. So embarrassing. All I know is if I can’t get that rumble I want at least a little something for that extra flava haha

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
5* TUNE, e30 Fuel and let that thing eat some dirt.... my 19 eco 3.5L f150 with E30 and 5* Tune is a beast......... 12.88 1/4 mile

My buddies 2.7, equally as quick

Sponsored

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Definitely not at first. If I even half considered the thought of voiding a warranty the Mrs. would have my hide.

But about a month or so after the warranty is expired........it's game on.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not at first when the car is still under warranty... Specially for a first year production car. Who know what issue it will have.

Later down the road I will get tunes + intercooler though.
Maybe exhaust. Less likely doing turbos since they are probably be $$$.

BOV noooo. I went from BMW 335i with SSQ4 BOV, then a Camaro V8. Now I think of it I realized how silly I was doing BOV on the 335i. I riced it :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tune and downpipe for me. I'd say intake, but this is my first off-road vehicle, and I plan to learn to use it appropriately, so I imagine the stock airbox will be better at keeping trail funk from the engine.

I'm not sure I'll go much further than that (I'm lying to myself, and all of you, forgive me.)

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never understood waiting 5-6 years until warranty is up to do mods. You will still have to pay to fix it if you break it, it will be older and you missed out on 5-6 years of a much more fun vehicle

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never understood waiting 5-6 years until warranty is up to do mods. You will still have to pay to fix it if you break it, it will be older and you missed out on 5-6 years of a much more fun vehicle
Not sure why it is so hard to understand. Who wants to possibly pay for an engine, tranny, rear end, or turbo replacement if you don't have to? To each his own. I have no intentions of getting rid of the warranty any quicker than I have to. As pointed out, it also a brand new vehicle which will probably have a few glitches.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guys, where is a good source of info on the web about the 2.7 and 3.5eb?? I have a 3.5eb with less than 10K on it I bought for another project, now the bronco is taking over. I have zero qualms about doing the swap if the gains are legitimate. I was putting the 3.5 and 10speed auto in my JK but putting it in another Ford would solve all of the integration issues I was going to live with before.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure why it is so hard to understand. Who wants to possibly pay for an engine, tranny, rear end, or turbo replacement if you don't have to? To each his own. I have no intentions of getting rid of the warranty any quicker than I have to. As pointed out, it also a brand new vehicle which will probably have a few glitches.
my point is that you WILL have to pay for an engine, tranny etc, if you modify and break it whether it’s after warranty period or during warranty period. Still same amount of $$.
Sponsored