Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my point is that you WILL have to pay for an engine, tranny etc, if you modify and break it whether it’s after warranty period or during warranty period. Still same amount of $$.
Yes, that is true. No matter when you decide to modify it, you will have to pay for it.
My point is I would rather have Ford pay for it during the warranty period instead of me. There is little chance of that happening if I modify it.

Make no difference. You have to pay to play. ?
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Guys, where is a good source of info on the web about the 2.7 and 3.5eb?? I have a 3.5eb with less than 10K on it I bought for another project, now the bronco is taking over. I have zero qualms about doing the swap if the gains are legitimate. I was putting the 3.5 and 10speed auto in my JK but putting it in another Ford would solve all of the integration issues I was going to live with before.
What year vehicle did that 3.5 come out of? Whether it's worth it or not really depends on your end goals.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Before a time I’d go with full reliability mods. Catch can, intercooler, etc. Then a mild tune for daily driving and looking for 300whp from the 2.3l.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What year vehicle did that 3.5 come out of? Whether it's worth it or not really depends on your end goals.
The 3.5 is a take-out of a 2018 F150 platinum, entire drive train less than 10K miles, probably around 5K going by the carfax report. It was a victim of the seat belt issue. I bought it in late 2018, been sitting in my shop since.

My end goals are simply, power. I have a Jk with the 3.8 and hate the lack of power. I bought the drive train to put in the JK. Go with 60 axles, stretch to 106" wheel base, atlas transfer case, and coil overs. I would have ran into integration issues but didn't care. I have a background in automation so other than the headache, everything was doable.

Then the Bronco appeared. Thinking of selling the JK and putting the 3.5 in the bronco. After I build the 4 door she'll be close to 6K pounds and running 37's so I'm thinking 400hp should be about right. I have zero experience with the 2.7 but LOVE the 3.5eb. I have one in my explorer and had one in a company truck.

I'm looking for some facts on the 2.7 and what is possible with it. I don't mind spending money and time but don't want to do something stupid either. I build things to keep.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The 3.5 is a take-out of a 2018 F150 platinum, entire drive train less than 10K miles, probably around 5K going by the carfax report. It was a victim of the seat belt issue.

My end goals are simply, power. I have a Jk with the 3.8 and hate the lack of power. I bought the drive train to put in the JK. Go with 60 axles, stretch to 106" wheel base, atlas transfer case, and coil overs. I would have ran into integration issues but didn't care. I have a background in automation so other than the headache, everything was doable.

Then the Bronco appeared. Thinking of selling the JK and putting the 3.5 in the bronco. After I build the 4 door she'll be close to 6K pounds and running 37's so I'm thinking 400hp should be about right. I have zero experience with the 2.7 but LOVE the 3.5eb. I have one in my explorer and had one in a company truck.

I'm looking for some facts on the 2.7 and what is possible with it. I don't mind spending money and time but don't want to do something stupid either. I build things to keep.
Ok good. Being that new of a takeout is better. The 2.7 of course can be easily tuned to 400hp. The 3.5, 450 can be had easily.

The 2.7 is a beast of a motor. Designed from inception to be turbocharged. CGI block like the 6.7 Powerstroke. The 3.5 was not. The 3.5 is still a great engine. I put 100k trouble free miles on 2015 F-150 company truck I had. I didn't drive it easy either.

I think the dimensions physically are close enough to where it will fit without much fuss. Your main hurdles will be electronic integration.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Engineering manager has asked me when I'm expecting to see mine delivered a few times.

We do an upgraded intercooler for the Raptor they may be looking into doing similar for the Bronco.

Last edited:
OP
OP
5.0Maverick

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the 3.5, hold onto it for a couple years. We don’t know when the raptor variant is coming out but there are suspicions floating around about them having the 3.5. At that point there will be motor mounts etc from the factory you could probably piece together through ford and also a tune already available. I feel like frame width would be the determining factor of what fits or not.

as far as the 2.7, intercooler downpipe intake tune wastegate/bov could prob get you close to that 400. Depending on flanges you could probably borrow what I would assume to be bigger snails off the 3.5 as well.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought they were leaning more towards the 3.0L Nano as it's supposedly just a bored/stroked out 2.7L? Makes the most sense from a development perspective.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have spoken to an IC manufacturer and they are very excited for the Bronco. They told me as soon as they can get their hands on one, they will def develope an IC for it.

I replaced my OEM IC in my Raptor and I can def say the stock IC is ridiculously small with plastic end tanks. I am sure the bronco will be even smaller.

I just hope the bronco comes with a fan to help pull air through it.

The raptor and F150 with the 3.5L EB uses the same IC. The only diff is that the Raptor comes with 2 fans behind the IC to help pull air through it.

Below are pics of my aftermarket IC for the Raptor:

Ford Bronco Sooo intercoolers, BOV and headers? 1596220178704

Ford Bronco Sooo intercoolers, BOV and headers? 1596220194354

Ford Bronco Sooo intercoolers, BOV and headers? 1596220210429

Ford Bronco Sooo intercoolers, BOV and headers? 1596220221738

ducbill

Black Diamond
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Evo Ducati 1100s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lot of mention of headers in this thread, the turbo bolts directly to the cylinder heads on ecoboost motors. I'm excited for the n/a guys to experience tuning a turbocharged engine for the first time it's addicting!

Sponsored

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I may get a flex fuel tune right out the gate but other than that it'll be a while.

I have different cars for different occasions. This will be for off roading and as a DD. For off roading its probably fine stock. Ass a DD I like to be able to get ahead of traffic

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lot of mention of headers in this thread, the turbo bolts directly to the cylinder heads on ecoboost motors. I'm excited for the n/a guys to experience tuning a turbocharged engine for the first time it's addicting!
I don't find it any more or any less addicting lol. The end goal is to go fast however you can.

But I am curious to see the opinions of the only NA guys when they have to take a slightly different approach

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 3.5 is a take-out of a 2018 F150 platinum, entire drive train less than 10K miles, probably around 5K going by the carfax report. It was a victim of the seat belt issue. I bought it in late 2018, been sitting in my shop since.

Automation as in industrial automation?

PLC's, HMI, Scada, Robots?

OP
OP
5.0Maverick

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I made the mistake of sayin headers lol. I think the other guy was just makin fun of me hahaha.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands