Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why am I so mad that I had a time stamp at 8:03pm and still no email? Why did I “accept” the navy pier interior when I never saw it but thought it would be OK? Why? Because I wanted it first! Neighbors have Heeps and didn’t want to copy! But Neighbors heep is really nice btw!
Let’s be honest, I just wanted a topless experience this summer!(that’s what he said!)

I am really looking forward to discovering off-roading again! My first experience was burying my brothers bronco sport in a pond when I was too young to drive, and then taking my dads full size bronco anywhere I wanted to(4 barrel v8).

So, I’ve reset my expectation, I no longer need to be the spoiled kid with the first one on the block(I didn’t grow up with money btw by no means). I will be calling my dealer tomorrow, and changing my order from an FE to a base, and having a lot of fun with after market! And will feel that much better taking it off-road!
Whenever I get my Bronco, I will go straight to my dad’s, pick him up and we’ll have a great conversation about how to upgrade the bronco. Perfect considering that his first bronco got delivered as a flooded out car dropped off in the driveway on a flatbed!

Thank you Ford for resetting my priorities!

Truly looking forward to this forum evolving into sharing amazing experiences with whatever you drive!
I’ve dedicated myself so much to this car because I was making it my 12 year olds first car, I now figured out we’ll get more out of it by sharing it with grandpa than having a FE and being the cool kid! My dad would beat my ass for thinking that way, my son will now learn that lesson!
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Step away from the keyboard. Sleep on it.

Decide that a Badlands is the right move for that sweet sweet warranteed goodness.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, there’s no middle ground in there anywhere? 😂 Congrats on your decision. Enjoy your Base. 👍

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No rash decisions. 40 years from now your son will be cussing you for not getting the FE. He will be saying this base is only worth $60,000 and if he would have gotten the FE like he first ordered, it would have been worth $170,000. Keep your eye on the prize.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you woke up and quit worrying over being the “cool kid”... and definitely not sayin anything bad about the base bronco. But, be sure you know the gear you’re getting so you don’t regret it (axle size, gearing, suspension, availability of add ons). Just my thoughts.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep in mind all of the FE's are supposed to be 21's.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@PittShawn glad I’m not the only nut here, and I haven’t even placed an order yet! Waiting to sit in one next week to make sure my somewhat tall, chubby ass is as comfortable as I hope to be in this vehicle... and with the rumors of a couple green options and a white mod roof for MY22, my brain has been all over the place. I can’t believe I am still waffling on the basic 2dr vs. 4dr question but here I am. Hot mess. At least you’ve landed on a conclusion, so good on ya!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like a well laid out plan to me. (y)

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd stick with the FE or change to a Badlands with the High Package and Sasquatch package
but that's just me.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why am I so mad that I had a time stamp at 8:03pm and still no email? Why did I “accept” the navy pier interior when I never saw it but thought it would be OK? Why? Because I wanted it first! Neighbors have Heeps and didn’t want to copy! But Neighbors heep is really nice btw!
Let’s be honest, I just wanted a topless experience this summer!(that’s what he said!)

I am really looking forward to discovering off-roading again! My first experience was burying my brothers bronco sport in a pond when I was too young to drive, and then taking my dads full size bronco anywhere I wanted to(4 barrel v8).

So, I’ve reset my expectation, I no longer need to be the spoiled kid with the first one on the block(I didn’t grow up with money btw by no means). I will be calling my dealer tomorrow, and changing my order from an FE to a base, and having a lot of fun with after market! And will feel that much better taking it off-road!
Whenever I get my Bronco, I will go straight to my dad’s, pick him up and we’ll have a great conversation about how to upgrade the bronco. Perfect considering that his first bronco got delivered as a flooded out car dropped off in the driveway on a flatbed!

Thank you Ford for resetting my priorities!

Truly looking forward to this forum evolving into sharing amazing experiences with whatever you drive!
I’ve dedicated myself so much to this car because I was making it my 12 year olds first car, I now figured out we’ll get more out of it by sharing it with grandpa than having a FE and being the cool kid! My dad would beat my ass for thinking that way, my son will now learn that lesson!
I was sold on a high trim until the very end. Last minute I switched gears and ordered a Base 2.7L Sasquatch. Power and off-road trick w/warranty. Ex swaybar, it's the same as an FE for $20k less. Thrilled with my decision AND got my build email. :) Week of June 21.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For the love of all things good at least splurge on sasquatch and auxillary switches!!!

Do you know what mods you would want to do? Don't forget it's likely going to be significantly more expensive to mod IFS vs your neighbors SFA jeeps.
Sponsored