Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the video. You should do a comparison of the kits you’ve installed. I don’t think anyone has done that.
So how about a top 5 list of your opinion based on sound, performance, and price. This was a upgrade i was planning on doing this winter
That's a great idea. I'll get rolling on putting the content together for you guys and make sure to share it once it's finished.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Reactions: Cat

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds good to me from the video. As already noted 6 cylinders typically do not sound good. They can be raspy, drone or both. I had a 2016 Camaro V6 that I tried two systems- an MBRP and a custom set up at a local muffler shop. Both had drone and were raspy. The original system had practically no sound at all and was equally as bad the other way. I id not want to spend the money on a Borla (in hindsight I should have). Typically you get what you pay for in exhausts. It takes time and engineering to dial in a good sound with muffler, size, chambers, etc.
Here is a clip I did a long time ago on my supercharged 3.8l V6. This was just after I built a new motor for it so its displacement was a little more, and it had rhodes lifters in it which you hear at idle. No granted, there were no cats on this car. The dual exhaust went into a Magnaflow resonator, then out to dual Magnaflow mufflers.
I think it's the cats that hold back decent sound from the bronco. They just clip too much of the low frequencies.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good attempt, but, so far, nobody has made the 2.7L Ecoboost sound good. Not many V6 engines sound good, so it's a difficult task.
It's like trying to make a homeless woman look like a victoria secrets model... Oh, wait was that Megan Rapinoe?

Nevermind... Good luck.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's like trying to make a homeless woman look like a victoria secrets model... Oh, wait was that Megan Rapinoe?

Nevermind... Good luck.
Mark...I am disappointed in your comment.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mark...I am disappointed in your comment.
Sorry! I didn't mean to put down the homeless woman... I will have to find a better comparison.

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey All!

TODAY, our 12 Days of Christmas Sale brings you Kooks Headers and Exhaust!

Ford Bronco SOUND AND OVERVIEW - Kooks Street Series Axle-Back Exhaust System kooks_bronco (1)

You can save 15% on ALL Kooks products, including their Street Series and Adventure Series Axle-backs for the 2021 + Ford Bronco’s! (Excluding Bronco Raptor)

Street Series

3J3A2133.jpg

We ran their Street Series on our 2021 4Dr FE with the 2.7L and we were blessed with a quiet, deep, yet subtle sound. Hear it for yourself!

Check it out here!

Kooks Street Series 2 1/2 in Axle Back Exhaust (2021+ Ford Bronco) - 15016210

Adventure Series

15016100.RRtop.jpg

Their Adventure Series promotes a similar sound, although is a much higher mounted exhaust, with everything tucked up neatly behind the rear bumper with a single exit turndown.

Check it out here!

Kooks Adventure Series High Ground Clearance 2 1/2 in Axle Back (2021+ Ford Bronco) - 15016100

Of course, both systems feature:
  • 304 Stainless Steel Construction
  • Mandrel Bent Tubing
  • Body Side hanger and hardware included for use on 2.3L Models
  • Includes Clamp required for installation
  • No Cutting Required

Check out ALL of our 12 DAYS of Christmas Sales HERE!
https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/christmassale

If you need help or want to get something on order, please feel free to reach out to any one of us here at Lethal Performance!
Sponsored