Sponsored

Sound Deadening - anyone install SoundSkins pre cut sound installation kit?

RDTC

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350, Jeep Wangler Rubicon, Bronco Outer Bank
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone installed the SoundSkins pre cut sound installation kit.

Looking for a Thanksgiving week project. Thinking about using the SoundSkins door and floor kit. Looks like the kit installs under the flooring and door sound insulation installs next to the door panel. Would also add Kilmat to the inner door sheetmetal.

Trying to improve sound insulation and reduce the tinny sound when doors close.

Looking for input from anyone that has done this install.
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sound deadening works well, it just takes some time and patience to get trim panels apart. There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing installation techniques. I've done doors, floors, and other body panels in many of my vehicles with different brands of sound deadening material over the decades. Kilmat, Dynamat, and these 3M pads both work well. Last time I paid to have it done as they were already doing a complete car audio upgrade with custom enclosures, amplifiers, Focal Speakers, etc. The sound deadening added something like $500 total to the cost.

Ford Bronco Sound Deadening - anyone install SoundSkins pre cut sound installation kit? Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 9.02.49 AM

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots have here. Did kilmat around and behind the speakers and anytime I pull paneling. It helps.

porkchop express

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 camaro ss 1le, 2017 focus st, 2020 ram
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sound deadening works well, it just takes some time and patience to get trim panels apart. There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing installation techniques. I've done doors, floors, and other body panels in many of my vehicles with different brands of sound deadening material over the decades. Kilmat, Dynamat, and these 3M pads both work well. Last time I paid to have it done as they were already doing a complete car audio upgrade with custom enclosures, amplifiers, Focal Speakers, etc. The sound deadening added something like $500 total to the cost.

Ford Bronco Sound Deadening - anyone install SoundSkins pre cut sound installation kit? Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 9.02.49 AM
Anyone using this for the hard top?
Sponsored