Sponsored

Sound Deadening Headliner and Full Vehicle Bash Plates Mutually Exclusive?

AmberC

Wildtrak
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think I am getting the run-around from my dealer.
I placed my order and paid my deposit last Tuesday. First of all the guy handling it didn't know ANYTHING. He seemed burdened by having to deal with me and generally had no knowledge of the Bronco including the fact that he didn't know they had an iconic silver and velocity blue trucks parked at the front of the dealership next to each other, even though they had been there for weeks. I found this out because I asked if there were any antimatter blue vehicles on the lot and he straight up said "we don't have any of the Bronco colors here." This was not the first issue...that was when he emailed me and said I needed to pay my down payment and place my order. I responded to email asking if I needed to set up an appointment or just come in. After no response for 5 days I finally just called him. It is has been a lack luster experience from the beginning really....Anyway....here is the point of this thread....
I printed my build sheet and also saved it as a PDF and emailed it to him. I ordered IS Wildtrak with the Lux package, tow package, added sound deadening headliner and wanted to add full vehicle bash plates. He told me I would get an order confirmation email that evening...I did not.
Late the next evening he called me to tell me that I couldn't get the bash plates and sound deadening headliner together which doesn't make much sense to me. What does one have to do with the other? He said the ordering website wouldn't let him enter it that way. I asked if he had called his Ford rep to see if that was actually the case or if maybe there was an order form glitch or something he said (I kid you not) "No, do you want me to do that?" Um yes genius...I want you to do that...This was on March 10th.
I finally got an email from him yesterday. Here it is copied and pasted:
"Hey Amber,

I got everything ordered, my ford rep said that there was something wrong with the website and that it shouldn't have allowed you to order the sound deadening headliner with the full bash plates. So this order had the front bash plates with the sound deadening headliner.

Thanks,
XXXX XXXX"

the pdf he attached says "preview order" and is dated 3-15-2021. I have also attached it here.

Then after reading some threads etc someone mentioned looking up your order on your Ford account. Why I hadn't already thought of this I am not sure, but today I logged in and looked. It says my order was placed 3-10....I feel like this means he checked with no one about the headliner/bash plate issue because he likely just placed my order without letting me know about the issue and was surprised I wasn't a "good little girl" and just went with it.
Now-if I didn't know the owner and GM of the dealership really well and also if my husband hadn't been in the car dealership as a director of service for years, I probably wouldn't have asked him to call the Ford rep, since this guy doesn't know me or my husband and apparently doesn't think I have a brain in my head, I think he may have just cut a corner, or messed up the order and didn't want work to try to fix it. Or if there was something not letting him place the order as I wanted it, he just didn't feel like calling the rep to see if it could be ordered to my specs.

Sorry this is so long BUT, I am debating on calling the owner and bitching but before I do that I wanted to see if maybe this is a real mutually exclusive situation.

Has anyone been able to order full vehicle bash plates and headliner on their Bronco? Or is this a true this or that situation?
Sponsored

Attachments

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I am getting the run-around from my dealer.
I placed my order and paid my deposit last Tuesday. First of all the guy handling it didn't know ANYTHING. He seemed burdened by having to deal with me and generally had no knowledge of the Bronco including the fact that he didn't know they had an iconic silver and velocity blue trucks parked at the front of the dealership next to each other, even though they had been there for weeks. I found this out because I asked if there were any antimatter blue vehicles on the lot and he straight up said "we don't have any of the Bronco colors here." This was not the first issue...that was when he emailed me and said I needed to pay my down payment and place my order. I responded to email asking if I needed to set up an appointment or just come in. After no response for 5 days I finally just called him. It is has been a lack luster experience from the beginning really....Anyway....here is the point of this thread....
I printed my build sheet and also saved it as a PDF and emailed it to him. I ordered IS Wildtrak with the Lux package, tow package, added sound deadening headliner and wanted to add full vehicle bash plates. He told me I would get an order confirmation email that evening...I did not.
Late the next evening he called me to tell me that I couldn't get the bash plates and sound deadening headliner together which doesn't make much sense to me. What does one have to do with the other? He said the ordering website wouldn't let him enter it that way. I asked if he had called his Ford rep to see if that was actually the case or if maybe there was an order form glitch or something he said (I kid you not) "No, do you want me to do that?" Um yes genius...I want you to do that...This was on March 10th.
I finally got an email from him yesterday. Here it is copied and pasted:
"Hey Amber,

I got everything ordered, my ford rep said that there was something wrong with the website and that it shouldn't have allowed you to order the sound deadening headliner with the full bash plates. So this order had the front bash plates with the sound deadening headliner.

Thanks,
XXXX XXXX"

the pdf he attached says "preview order" and is dated 3-15-2021. I have also attached it here.

Then after reading some threads etc someone mentioned looking up your order on your Ford account. Why I hadn't already thought of this I am not sure, but today I logged in and looked. It says my order was placed 3-10....I feel like this means he checked with no one about the headliner/bash plate issue because he likely just placed my order without letting me know about the issue and was surprised I wasn't a "good little girl" and just went with it.
Now-if I didn't know the owner and GM of the dealership really well and also if my husband hadn't been in the car dealership as a director of service for years, I probably wouldn't have asked him to call the Ford rep, since this guy doesn't know me or my husband and apparently doesn't think I have a brain in my head, I think he may have just cut a corner, or messed up the order and didn't want work to try to fix it. Or if there was something not letting him place the order as I wanted it, he just didn't feel like calling the rep to see if it could be ordered to my specs.

Sorry this is so long BUT, I am debating on calling the owner and bitching but before I do that I wanted to see if maybe this is a real mutually exclusive situation.

Has anyone been able to order full vehicle bash plates and headliner on their Bronco? Or is this a true this or that situation?
Lot of words. WT = Squatch and I thought that both full bash and headliner would violate GVWR. Maybe an FE owner might be able to verify OR a Squatch BL owner. So as far as those two items are concerned I don't believe that you are getting any runaround.

The other stuff, including the easy color question...I don't feel comfortable with that salesperson. Unknown for the dealer but that salesperson = "No thank you".

Good luck.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lot of words. WT = Squatch and I thought that both full bash and headliner would violate GVWR. Maybe an FE owner might be able to verify OR a Squatch BL owner. So as far as those two items are concerned I don't believe that you are getting any runaround.

The other stuff, including the easy color question...I don't feel comfortable with that salesperson. Unknown for the dealer but that salesperson = "No thank you".

Good luck.
I have read the same.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rd-q-a-and-curb-weight-payload-details.11041/

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I'm losing track of the exact combinations, but this sounds consistent with the weight restriction problem in the ordering system.

Someone else may be able to weigh in if they have been able to order that combo.

OP
OP

AmberC

Wildtrak
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks Bud2020. Very helpful and gives me peace of mind that he isn't just pulling my leg. Now my issue is that I don't have an actual order sheet for my build which is concerning. I was initially kind of freaking thinking he hadn't actually placed my order, what with the Preview Order pdf attachment, but at least I can see my order number on the Ford website. I just wish I could see the order details there as well so I know everything is ordered correctly.
Suddenly the thing I was super stoked about and couldn't wait to do has became a sh*t experience. I really wish I wasn't so late on the ordering list for the March 19th cut off or I would have just asked for a different salesman but I guess I am just gonna stick it out with the ass hat I have since the order is already placed. SMH

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Bud2020. Very helpful and gives me peace of mind that he isn't just pulling my leg. Now my issue is that I don't have an actual order sheet for my build which is concerning. I was initially kind of freaking thinking he hadn't actually placed my order, what with the Preview Order pdf attachment, but at least I can see my order number on the Ford website. I just wish I could see the order details there as well so I know everything is ordered correctly.
Suddenly the thing I was super stoked about and couldn't wait to do has became a sh*t experience. I really wish I wasn't so late on the ordering list for the March 19th cut off or I would have just asked for a different salesman but I guess I am just gonna stick it out with the ass hat I have since the order is already placed. SMH
The March 19th cutoff is just for the dealer's to have your order count towards their MY21 allocation and for your build to be considered for the first 3 months of scheduling.

You can still submit/convert your order after the cutoff.... and you can still edit / modify your order after the 19th (and all the way up until a VIN is assigned and your build is about 2 weeks away)

Depending on your timestamp, and how fast you think they will schedule your build, you may have plenty of time left to work with a different salesperson.

OP
OP

AmberC

Wildtrak
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The March 19th cutoff is just for the dealer's to have your order count towards their MY21 allocation and for your build to be considered for the first 3 months of scheduling.

You can still submit/convert your order after the cutoff.... and you can still edit / modify your order after the 19th (and all the way up until a VIN is assigned and your build is about 2 weeks away)

Depending on your timestamp, and how fast you think they will schedule your build, you may have plenty of time left to work with a different salesperson.
I may call Ford and get my order spec sheet etc just to be sure everything is correct on the actual order.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may call Ford and get my order spec sheet etc just to be sure everything is correct on the actual order.
You need to get it from your dealer. Supposedly Ford Customer Service can not see it on their end.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe call and escape Just That Question to the sales manager? Don't throw your salesperson totally under the bus but make the bus splash a puddle onto him.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can't add bash plates without adding the HD Bumper and adding that removes your ability to include Headliner.
Sponsored