Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wouldn't let me order it with 2.7L Badlands w/ Sasquatch. The dealer tried to do it themselves as well and they also said they couldn't do it. Such a weird dependency.
It's been discussed many times (gross vehicle weight). In you case, it is the HD bumper that is preventing it. Meaning there are other trims with v6 and even Sasquatch that can get the head liner but once you add the Bumper, you lose it.
Sponsored

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been discussed many times (gross vehicle weight). In you case, it is the HD bumper that is preventing it. Meaning there are other trims with v6 and even Sasquatch that can get the head liner but once you add the Bumper, you lose it.
Gross weight was what I was thinking too, but I wasn't able to add the bumper, running boards, or anything else like that. Not a big deal, easy to get in the aftermarket, but still thought they were odd dependencies.

Here's how I'm spec'd out:

Ford Bronco Sound deadening headliner on Bronco top (first photos) 1614178516365

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gross weight was what I was thinking too, but I wasn't able to add the bumper, running boards, or anything else like that. Not a big deal, easy to get in the aftermarket, but still thought they were odd dependencies.

Here's how I'm spec'd out:

1614178516365.png
Ford explained that the way the ordering system is built (and the B&P is designed to mirror) is that it doesn't account for specific weights, it just basically assumes worst-case scenario and prioritizes certain accessories over others.

It's not that the headliner would necessarily actually exceed the GVWR for the vehicle, it's that the ordering system sees the option and says "That's 1 too many accessories that have mass and add weight"... so it prevents it.

The solution is to prioritize your order for the things that *must* come from the factory and then just order everything else at the dealership and have it installed after the fact.

(Ford also implied that they are working on updating their system to better handle these issues... but I have no idea what that upgrade looks like on their end)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford explained that the way the ordering system is built (and the B&P is designed to mirror) is that it doesn't account for specific weights, it just basically assumes worst-case scenario and prioritizes certain accessories over others.

It's not that the headliner would necessarily actually exceed the GVWR for the vehicle, it's that the ordering system sees the option and says "That's 1 too many accessories that have mass and add weight"... so it prevents it.

The solution is to prioritize your order for the things that *must* come from the factory and then just order everything else at the dealership and have it installed after the fact.

(Ford also implied that they are working on updating their system to better handle these issues... but I have no idea what that upgrade looks like on their end)
As a programmer, I know there are times that technical issues really make something hard to do without some serious code overhauling... But damned if I can't wrap my head around that Ford BS. You sell options and packages and trims.. you have to know a ballpark on what those weight... Even add some for a safety buffer... But then just add that up!

The idea that you can't add paint protection film because you added a V6 is a total cluster.

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it is worth I had sound deadening liners in my JL Wrangler. They were attached with a few strips of velcro. When it got hot the glue would melt and the liners would fall down. If Ford doesn't use velcro with a higher grade glue to keep them attached I'm afraid the same thing will happen. Until good reports come in I'm not ordering them.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For what it is worth I had sound deadening liners in my JL Wrangler. They were attached with a few strips of velcro. When it got hot the glue would melt and the liners would fall down. If Ford doesn't use velcro with a higher grade glue to keep them attached I'm afraid the same thing will happen. Until good reports come in I'm not ordering them.
There is no way Ford is velcroing the headliner to the roof. It will be an adhesive application for sure.

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's pretty much how aftermarket products are attached. There are many YouTube videos showing installation.
Plus, jeep was pretty stingy with the velcro. I was surprised how little was applied. More jeep engineering prowess I guess :ROFLMAO:

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can the headliner be added later at the dealer? If so what would the cost be?

I am torn between MIC and MOD top. I think the Ford headliner will look better that the aftermarket options.

With either top I get I would like to just add later if I think I need the sound deafening.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can the headliner be added later at the dealer? If so what would the cost be?

I am torn between MIC and MOD top. I think the Ford headliner will look better that the aftermarket options.

With either top I get I would like to just add later if I think I need the sound deafening.
You can buy the headliner from the parts department. It's even listed on the Accessory list. Starts at $309 for the 2 door, install would be extra.

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure it's been discussed and I did search first, but how much weight do you think these liners add to the MIC top if you plan on removing and putting back on often. Also, how vulnerable are these liners to mold/mildew if they are stored in a humid environment (garage w no AC or heat) for the summer while soft top is on.

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have had both Jeep OEM and Hothead Headliners in my Jeeps over the years. The Jeep version is "hollow" backed (about ½" deep of space behind the headliner part you can see, feel and touch to the actual roof) while the Hothead version is flatter and thinner product. The Jeep OEM was better at ROAD NOISE sound deadening in my experience.

Now a note on this Carpet/Felt looking headliner, this will do more to cut down on echo's or sound reverberations coming from within the cabin of the Bronco than it will from suppressing outside Road/Wind Noise most likely. This looks alot better than a bare roof though and these roofs like a TON better than the JL/JLU roofs I have had because they are WHITE and sort of stick out like a sore thumb but are better in Low light situations.......everthing has issues if I look hard enough.