Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It would be nice if Ford offered this for all Bronco engines and suspensions. I wonder if the sasquatch tires and 2.7 are too loud and this material would not deaden the sound.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

In the jeep it is catering more to the "lux" group who don't like the look of the white inside. It has been referred to as the inside of a Styrofoam beer cooler looks wise! Ford has it in dark color already a win for them.
Except the styrofoam cooler at least looks finished, unlike the unfinished raw material mottled look of the inside of the MIC top.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once those roof panels are installed it looks pretty finished to me. Worrying about a cut edge on a pre-pro product that you don't even see is crazy.

This looks more cohesive than what Hotheads does in the Jeep. If Hotheads comes up with something as full-coverage as Ford's I'll go with that but as of right now I'm actually liking what Ford came up with.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure if itā€™s been said, as this thread seems to have blown up over night....

what if the factory liner has veritable depths? As if in the centers and deeper areas it is letā€™s say 2 inches, and then it tapers out to be 3mm just so it covers more ceiling? This would benefit the head room by not dropping down 2 inches in all areas, and hopefully still be very effective for its main cause.

Edit: looking back at the photos this looks unlikely....

Maybe get these from factory and then add on more to fill in the gap for a non variable depth ceiling in the future.

Sponsored

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't mind it. Either one. There is a video floating around YouTube that shows no appreciable reduction in sound 1-2 db, however they do reduce inside temps by about 10 degrees
Know what would really reduce inside temps? A white hard top. I hope Ford pulls the trigger on that option.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gfs 2019 wrangler has the factory sound deadning its okay i guess it does something,im ordering without and seeing how it goes.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My first upgrade would be dingle balls!
Ford Bronco Sound deadening headliner on Bronco top (first photos) 1609681992225

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mind it. Either one. There is a video floating around YouTube that shows no appreciable reduction in sound 1-2 db, however they do reduce inside temps by about 10 degrees
Even if they donā€™t reduce noise intrusion that much, it should still have an effect reducing echo... which should make the radio and conversations sound better, and the inside of the vehicle a more please place to spend time in general.