Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Really? I could have sworn somewhere Ford said the additional sound deadening was in the doors. Maybe I’m making that up.
The Additional Sound Deadening in the Package is for the Body (tbd where, but wheel wells, firewall, floors, etc)

The Deadening option for the MIC is just that... on the roof.
Sponsored

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There’s a bunch of threads opining on that. No conclusive answers from Ford I believe.
From one Q/A they said the other sound deadening material is installed during the build, which makes it sound like it's on the firewall area. Made it sound like it wasn't a dealer install able option, only a factory option.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I disagree, I think ford is trying to get buy with the problems that they are having with producing the tops. I'm sure they are import specific issues and cant get these items because of what's going on in the world which is understandable. The preproduction pictures were definitely not this. This really feels like a Band-Aid to me, but what else are they going to do. With all the deaths and lack of things to do, just let people do what they want. They need something to do so let me ... cough cough. them! lol. BITC---Complain.
I hear what you’re saying. But, you do understand that every Bronco you see right now is preproduction. Meaning, not a single Bronco built at the moment, not a single component, or photo of a component is going to a customer. That’s the point of preproduction, meaning to “test” the production processes, fit and finish (lacking in the current pics, I get it). Not many other manufacturers have had a build up to a product like Ford has with the Bronco, you never see the close up fit and finish on a Honda Accord before it’s released to the masses. The pictures coming out likely are not sanctioned by Ford, however they probably don’t mind as it generates excitement, and they get feedback, good and bad. I will say that I think some people on here have some unrealistic expectations, and also are looking for excuses to drop their reservations.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From one Q/A they said the other sound deadening material is installed during the build, which makes it sound like it's on the firewall area. Made it sound like it wasn't a dealer install able option, only a factory option.
Yeah. Correct. Typically “additional sound deadening” means noise reduction matting applied against the body (firewall, floor, etc) at the factory before the interior goes in.

That’s the assumption we’re all working with here.

My point was just that Ford has not officially said (as far as I know) *exactly* what or where this material is, so it’s still technically unknown to us.

What we do know for certain is that it’s different than the roof sound deadening as an accessory... which is what this thread is about.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hear what you’re saying. But, you do understand that every Bronco you see right now is preproduction. Meaning, not a single Bronco built at the moment, not a single component, or photo of a component is going to a customer. That’s the point of preproduction, meaning to “test” the production processes, fit and finish (lacking in the current pics, I get it). Not many other manufacturers have had a build up to a product like Ford has with the Bronco, you never see the close up fit and finish on a Honda Accord before it’s released to the masses. The pictures coming out likely are not sanctioned by Ford, however they probably don’t mind as it generates excitement, and they get feedback, good and bad. I will say that I think some people on here have some unrealistic expectations, and also are looking for excuses to drop their reservations.
I just sent the pictures to a Huge Jeep Buddy of mine of this top, and he said it looks better then what's on the Jeep. LOL.

Sponsored

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With all the people who can do it better, I am surprised there isn't more headliner install companies out there.

Me personally I will get the ford option, and if it turns out to be the worst thing ever then I will change it. I'm just glad to receive some new info to help me through this boring wait period before I can actually order.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its

Strange thing is that in the third picture there are two panels my guess left and right.The one on the ground the edges are straight and look near perfect but the one in the bronco boot area has that one wonkey edge so I wonder if its actually just how the edges have been glued to the roof.
Also I wonder if when the panels lock in place those edges where the locks are hidden anyway out of sight.Also how many people are going to look that hard?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

+1 on everything you said except for the bolded part, as Bronco Nation is the product of a marketing company Ford hired. We’re only seeing these photos of the headliner because Ford allowed access and approved them for release.

I agree that these are pre production and probably even hand cut... but they’re close enough to what they expect production to be that they are allowing them to be seen.

These aren’t an actual leak, which we do occasionally get. You can tell those apart because they lack the BN watermark and are typically shot on a potato.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To call this "carpet" is being to generous, it looks like the liner you find in your trunk. Look at the close up of the roof, it is thin just like trunk liner and it definitely does not have any rubber backing. For those that said it looks like the same "carpet" as the seat backs, I agree.

But of course since its on the seat backs it has to be waterproof, right :rolleyes:

2021 Bronco sound deadening headliner 6.jpg

"Trunk Interior Lining Material"
https://www.walmart.com/ip/36-inch-...ar-Trunk-Interior-Lining-Carpet-DIY/505101677
Trunk Interior Lining.jpg
You can see that it tapers down to thin near the pin mechanism for the roof, right?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately the Ford version does not appear to have a reflective backing, unless it is hidden. Without a reflective backing it will do nothing to stop heat gain.

Zack is on the right path with the Hothead product, thats the way I'm going.
Oh, that is good to know, thank you.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here's an alternative that your kids can help you with:

Dynamat Xtreme is a thin, super sticky butyl rubber bonded to an aluminum alloy skin. It is formulated with Vector™ Chemistry, and makes Dynamat Xtreme the most effective sound control material available. Dynamat Xtreme is very simple to cut and install. The butyl rubber and heavy aluminum will stretch and contour better than any other product on the market without tearing. It will conform easily to all interior surfaces, and the sticky butyl rubber will adhere to a surface and stay in place without any special surface prep, and without leaving any odor or dripping material. Install it in your vehicle, and experience the Dynamat Difference.

http://www.dynamat.com/automotive-and-transportation/automotive-restoration/dynamat-xtreme/

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So if we leave aside the preproduction trim edges, the advantage to the factory headliner is it covers almost the entire panel, where most aftermarket ones will just be the indented rectangle in the center.

The aftermarket ones have nicer finish materials and are precut with finished edges, but the unfinished-raw looking inside of the top will surround those nice finished panels.

This is where getting a MY 22 may allow time for evaluation.

TomD9807

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 / 2016 Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t think the hotheads will cover as much too as what is shown on the prototype. Does anyone have experience with the BedRug headliner? It looks legit to me. I do know that material is tough and I think it would insulate sound well.

7FFAA208-7DD1-4039-B413-BCBB1F04DE86.png

AED6E1E3-5B43-4B5B-85D7-5BE4C20CA7CE.png
I have BedRug for the floor liner of my 2016 F-150 bed and 4 years later it still looks great, well made product!!!

TomD9807

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 / 2016 Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Hothead product looks nice BUT... The Jeep roof panels are basically flat and easy to install... The Bronco roof panels look more contoured and I see them continuing with their formula of flat panels.... How much coverage are they going to be able to provide???

Watching the install video from the Tx guy... Why wouldn't you take the panels off the Jeep and apply them instead of working upside down or using an ice scraper?... Maybe it's just me.
Sponsored