First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the pictures!! I have the MOPAR ones in my jeep and they make a big difference in heat transfer with the black roof. Differently in my order list.
Sponsored

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, it isn't a straight cut on a pre-production part. I get that. I will also be getting this option on my Bronco. I know Hotheads will also have a fine product. How many people will be looking straight up at the headliner on a regular basis?

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Quick question, Does anyone know how the hardtops are made? Is it solid, hollow or hollow with foam or plastic blown in? Trying to figure out if Ford put any technology into the hardtop to 'complement' sound barrier, like the top already has the reflective barrier? Has anyone seen a cut through of Jeep top to see what the layers are made out of or is there a 3rd party website with how the tops are made?

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

...That's carpet. They're asking $495 for carpet.

Pretty sure I can get similar material from hobby lobby for $2 a foot. Just need scissors and a glue gun!

Edit: Thanks OP! You might've seriously just saved me $495. But I'm curious what the additional sound deadoning material is in the High Package. For BL it can't be carpet...
Agreed...thats Carpet! Same as whats on the back of the seats, at least it matches. Is it worth it? Maybe......$500 to save me the headache of purchasing & installing my own ? Hmmm

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick question, Does anyone know how the hardtops are made? Is it solid, hollow or hollow with foam or plastic blown in? Trying to figure out if Ford put any technology into the hardtop to 'complement' sound barrier, like the top already has the reflective barrier? Has anyone seen a cut through of Jeep top to see what the layers are made out of or is there a 3rd party website with how the tops are made?
We only know what the outer shell materials are. No cross sections or explanations beyond that.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That looks like shit lol. And very heavy ?
Just remember, the ultra lightweight version of dynamat is Reynolds aluminum foil and a can of Super 77 spray adhesive. If you were of the opinion it needed more, then use heavy duty foil!

Really though, can you please provide a cost effective material which will provide superior insulation, sound deadening, lower weight, durability and cost savings?

It's one thing to automatically gainsay "oh this is garbage, everything Ford does is crap", it's an entirely different thing to participate with valuable feedback and materials suggestions so that others can make an informed opinion.

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sound deadening!?!?
I wish they'd come out with a Bronco designed for a man who actually has testosterone. What's next, optional built in essential oil diffusers? It's bad enough you can't get a Bronco without a convertible top.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just remember, the ultra lightweight version of dynamat is Reynolds aluminum foil and a can of Super 77 spray adhesive. If you were of the opinion it needed more, then use heavy duty foil!

Really though, can you please provide a cost effective material which will provide superior insulation, sound deadening, lower weight, durability and cost savings?

It's one thing to automatically gainsay "oh this is garbage, everything Ford does is crap", it's an entirely different thing to participate with valuable feedback and materials suggestions so that others can make an informed opinion.
Wtf are you talking about. This is thin cheap ugly carpet glued to the roof. I think most people expected something that looks like a true headliner, you know foam and nice looking materials, especially for the price. If you like it go for it. I stand by my opinion this looks like shit.

Sponsored

dubie7006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Serious question: I'm not too familiar with this type of application or Hotheads....is this strictly for sound reduction, or does it also offer insulation?