stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love this place. 18 pages and counting on sound deadening on the roof. Perhaps we should add a poll. Factory or Hotheads? Seems like Hotheads is the way to go. Forum discount?!? C'mon, man! ?
Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the Ford option is fine for 90% of the people who would get a headliner. Adding the other things like Hot Heads incorporates does not make sense from a diminishing return on expense to have such a product.
$495 vs $300-$350 is something to consider as well.

Plus from what I understand, Hot Heads also provides reduced heat coming through the roof. Not sure how much heat reduction the factory felt will provide.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I can already see the news tomorrow. Thousands cancel their 2021 Ford Bronco reservations due to ill fitting sound deadening material that is a stand alone option! :cool:

Sponsored

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am pretty sure the edges that arent totally
Quick question, Does anyone know how the hardtops are made? Is it solid, hollow or hollow with foam or plastic blown in? Trying to figure out if Ford put any technology into the hardtop to 'complement' sound barrier, like the top already has the reflective barrier? Has anyone seen a cut through of Jeep top to see what the layers are made out of or is there a 3rd party website with how the tops are made?
Yes, it isn't a straight cut on a pre-production part. I get that. I will also be getting this option on my Bronco. I know Hotheads will also have a fine product. How many people will be looking straight up at the headliner on a regular basis?
totally true who is going to look up and that close and I am pretty sure when they join togather that edge of the material is where the rumber seal sits between the panels so no one probably can see anywhere.

Deleted member 13702

Wtf are you talking about. This is thin cheap ugly carpet glued to the roof. I think most people expected something that looks like a true headliner, you know foam and nice looking materials, especially for the price. If you like it go for it. I stand by my opinion this looks like shit.
Good thing Ford made it an option and not standard.

Otherwise I have to disagree with you, I like the way it looks and already added it to my build.

But that's the beauty of living in America, we can both have our opinions, and you can get an aftermarket headliner. For me, the time saved having ford do this one frees up my time for offroading instead off wasting a weekend doing arts and crafts on my rig.

dubie7006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly haven't. I read thru the first page and then saw 19 pages and decided I didn't want to waste 10 minutes trying to find out. Sue me.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's an alternative that your kids can help you with:

Dynamat Xtreme is a thin, super sticky butyl rubber bonded to an aluminum alloy skin. It is formulated with Vector™ Chemistry, and makes Dynamat Xtreme the most effective sound control material available. Dynamat Xtreme is very simple to cut and install. The butyl rubber and heavy aluminum will stretch and contour better than any other product on the market without tearing. It will conform easily to all interior surfaces, and the sticky butyl rubber will adhere to a surface and stay in place without any special surface prep, and without leaving any odor or dripping material. Install it in your vehicle, and experience the Dynamat Difference.

http://www.dynamat.com/automotive-and-transportation/automotive-restoration/dynamat-xtreme/
You know it is awesome stuff because it has "Vector Chemistry"!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Anybody get a call from their dealer today to come in and test drive a 2 door Bronco? We need to get people back to having fun again!

SasquatchBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is there anybody on this site who has purchased a Ford Truck before? Is there anyone who has experienced the quality of the number one sold vehicle in the USA? Well I have many, many times and I have never been disappointed. The finished headliner will meet the same high standards of every Ford Truck. Details matter to the people at Ford. Please cancel your reservation if you are not happy so the rest of us can move up on the list.
Well, we found Levine's back-up account... ;)
Sponsored