Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have hothead in my jeep.

Hothead is much more of a thicker mat upholstered in headliner material. Like a soft pad. It’s backed with cardboard and heat reflective material.

This appears to be basically just a thin fabric/felt application to absorb sound / echo.

If it’s like their Jeep product, Hotheads would probably have be cut smaller to leave room for the shape of the panel and for the latches to operate... since it’s a sturdier and a thicker product (1/2” or so?)

I’ll see if I can find some picks of the hothead I can add to this post.

Seeing these photos, I’m definitely going with hothead again.

::EDIT::

This is directly from the Hothead Headliner website. You can definitely see the difference in their videos, but this may work.

From their site:

Note: I think he’s holding two back to back. Thats a single on on the table ans the back side on the left (with the reflective layer).
E593C817-8A18-47DC-B318-331D71ACC0EE.jpeg

Like I said, I’m absolutely going with Hothead again. They’re such an amazing product in my Jeep. They’re on the forum. @Hothead Headliners
What did it cost to do your Jeep?

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I run an acoustical solutions company. There are materials that are specialized to reflect noise and materials used to absorb (turning noise into heat). We have a product that can be hosed down as well, made for well-being and scientific research spaces, that could be an interesting solution for the top.

Checkout what Nissan is doing: https://m.futurecar.com/4332/Nissan...reatest-Inventions-of-2020-by-Popular-Science

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am sure there will be many aftermarket to choose from. Thinking Bedrug will have a a form fitting one. Anyone that makes a carpeted form fitted floor liner.

Sponsored

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wow 22 pages.
Looks good to me.
Here’s my opinion: if you don’t like the look of it, don’t buy it and install it aftermarket
The $500 price tag is the problem.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The $500 price tag is the problem.
It's about $200 give or take more than HH. Considering I don't have to install it and it's under warantee I think it's worth the extra money. Besides everyone's basing this off the Jeeps price and no one knows for sure how much it'll be for the Bronco.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just get some old wet suits and some spray glue. Or have it Rhino-lined.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks awesome and what I expected it to be . Anyone with the aftermarket DIY stick on boards know whether or not they get " dented" up from handling or if something presses up against them or do they return shape if something does ? I've seen some jeeps that you could tell something had hit the thick headliner but not sure if those were the aftermarket one or not .
I’ve had the hot heads for 3+ years and they look brand new and no issues with the adhesive.

I’d say I’m mindful that they’re there, but I’m not overly protective. (I might jam a bunch of cardboard in my jeep, but I’m also not playing hockey back there.)

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But everyone is basing this only seeing one pre-production unit. Having owned 8 F 150's and now my Ranger I would highly doubt this is what the finished product will look like.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A good video. The cymbal shows how little it takes to dampen sound. Some seem to think you need a massive amount of material to get good results.
Finally, somebody said it.
Even in their own videos they show 90+% coverage. wth?
I never got back to looking for the older video I had where (different youtoober) discussed that in much better depth and had other examples for other techniques.
It is pretty old now, by internet standards.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's about $200 give or take more than HH. Considering I don't have to install it and it's under warantee I think it's worth the extra money. Besides everyone's basing this off the Jeeps price and no one knows for sure how much it'll be for the Bronco.
If you get Hotheads complete kit, it's actually about $50 more expensive.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would look good, wrapped in soft Corinthian leather... Exactly what I plan to do...I could be, persuaded into alcantera ....
yeah... a more finished, less furry look, e.g., marine grade vinyl or the light gray cloth used on the base seats. Just a normal looking headliner is all I’d really expect.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes it's possible. But I can not see the HH lasting very long out here with our heat. My garage is still 100* at 5am in the summer.

This one might be just as bad but at least it'll be covered and they'll have to keep replacing it. I personally like the finished look much better than the HH which looks like an afterthought. At least for me being a MY22 will be able to see real world results from both factory and aftermarket before having to decide.
Sponsored