Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be great if someone would be able to test this headliner vs the competition. How it compares to Hothead and others for sound dampening as well as insulation qualities.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would be great if someone would be able to test this headliner vs the competition. How it compares to Hothead and others for sound dampening as well as insulation qualities.
There isn't any competition YET.

sootie007

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC , Scion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone been close to these panels in person ? I cant believe they are charging that for what looks to be a single layer of felt ? I could understand if it has multiple layers of material ie temp reflecting layer, sound deadening layer etc.....but sheesh .......

Afro

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just my two cents. This doesnt look like much for what's basically felt/carpet glued to the panels but it does look to be a compression molded liner. This is key because it helps pull the details of the panels rather than having a flat, die-cut liner like some of the aftermarket options. And this shows when the panels are all assembled together. I think it looks sharp.

However seeing these do address some of our questions about how they will look but these being pre-prod doesnt help Ford with the sloppy fit and finish.

To me, this is like the difference between weathertech floor mats that contour and curve to your floorboard versus all weather floormats you can buy from walmart. Both do the same job, but where do you want to spend your $$$. Do whatever floats your boat. ?‍♂

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There isn't any competition YET.
Hothead had video that showed on on this site (albeit not specific to the New Bronco) before this Ford factory option showed up. There is going to be competition and its already in other vehicles.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As soon as someone is able to test drive the Broncos we need to start tracking the sound level during the test or ownership drives. For example, Hotheads states: "Reduces road & wind noise by 3 to 6 decibels (dB)". Using the Sound meter apps below they will give you a dB level reading you can post.

1) Without Sound deadening headliner
2) With Ford Sound deadening headliner
3) With Hotheads Sound deadening headliner
4) With Other Brands Sound deadening headliner

Here are two good, free Sound Meter apps for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamebasic.decibel
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.sira.sound

Here is a free one for iPhone:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/decibel-x-db-sound-level-meter/id448155923

Screen Shot of first app listed above.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamebasic.decibel
Ford Bronco Sound deadening headliner on Bronco top (first photos) IbQHJx1Iu0HDyj9_G9LFe-bw8mTsxlWec283cFEPTqDf6=s360

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just my two cents. This doesnt look like much for what's basically felt/carpet glued to the panels but it does look to be a compression molded liner. This is key because it helps pull the details of the panels rather than having a flat, die-cut liner like some of the aftermarket options. And this shows when the panels are all assembled together. I think it looks sharp.

However seeing these do address some of our questions about how they will look but these being pre-prod doesnt help Ford with the sloppy fit and finish.

To me, this is like the difference between weathertech floor mats that contour and curve to your floorboard versus all weather floormats you can buy from walmart. Both do the same job, but where do you want to spend your $$$. Do whatever floats your boat. ?‍♂
You apparently haven't taken a close look at many of the pre pro Broncos. Some of them have very ill fitting parts, such as sagging rear gate, roofs not aligned, tube door with a crack in it. Yet Ford has been proudly showing all of these off.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hothead had video that showed on on this site (albeit not specific to the New Bronco) before this Ford factory option showed up. There is going to be competition and its already in other vehicles.
My post did say "YET". I'm sure there will be competition eventually. I've seen the Hotheads videos and what they currently offer covers about 60% of the roof area. That isn't good enough for me. Possibly, the difference in the Bronco's more flat roof, the aftermarket will be better than what they have on Jeep.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks more Coverking: https://www.coverking.com/topliner.html

Than Hothead, or Boom Mat.

Still claims heat and sound insulating qualities on the website. Will probably look more finished in production.
My money is that is exactly what it will be and if Coverking had posted it themselves and said look what we are working on , people would have been raving about it ,lol .

https://www.coverking.com/topliner.html

How to Install 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU TopLiner™ | COVERKING® - YouTube

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford's vendor is "By the Foot".
I'm betting these will be better then what a few dark pics indicate. They appear to be formed in a press to fit tight to all of the roof contours, not some stuff just tacked on. In order to offer sound deadening, this has to be firmly adhered to the surface same way that Dynamat is used.

Dr0ptuna

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A headache
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never mind fit and finish that material is going to do hardly anything for road noise and acoustics. Not that this is a Mercedes by any means but could they maybe not charge Mercedes prices for it? Poor people buying Lux packages having to either spend another $500 on this garbage or go to aftermarket just to try and enjoy their bundled sound system.
Sponsored