First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never mind fit and finish that material is going to do hardly anything for road noise and acoustics.
That material does very well for road noise and acoustics . It's been used in OEM and aftermarket for decades with great results .

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And the CoverKing price is....?

$420.99! Uninstalled.

That's it, I'm out! Ford is ripping me off by $75 for charging for a factory-installed version!

LOL.
Less if you consider that most of us are getting invoicing-ish prices for it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you guys ever been in a big room with a tile floor vs a carpeted one?

If the MIC has any insulation properties built into it, this liner will do alot... and you can clearly see from the pictures that it is NOT just thin carpet but has some sort of backing (1/8 or 1/4?) That stops short of the handles for clearance.

Go down to JoAnns Fabrics and look at their headliner... looks just like this. I had to replace my Headliner in My XJ and that consisted of sheet metal roof, thin sheet of Fiberglass (way less than the thickness of a MIC), and foam fabric glued to it.

People that are complaining about this have never actually seen what is above their heads in their current vehicles (and not taking about your top of the line car).

I'm all over this liner...never had a doubt.

Sponsored

Afro

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You apparently haven't taken a close look at many of the pre pro Broncos. Some of them have very ill fitting parts, such as sagging rear gate, roofs not aligned, tube door with a crack in it. Yet Ford has been proudly showing all of these off.
I've seen them and have been hands on with some them and theres a reason they're called pre-pro. Ford shows them off because it generates interest. Just look, we have a 25+ page thread on just the sound deadening headliner.

They appear to be formed in a press to fit tight to all of the roof contours, not some stuff just tacked on.
I literally just said this in my post as well. We're both in agreement that it looks better than some aftermarket options

Dr0ptuna

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A headache
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That material does very well for road noise and acoustics . It's been used in OEM and aftermarket for decades with great results .
Idk man this doesn’t exactly look like some military spec ultra-density sound sucking material. Can someone do a google map check and see how close the JoAnn Fabric store is to Ford HQ? ? In all seriousness the majority of the deadening will come from the coating they already have on the factory panels. Also can anyone see if it covers the rear shell as well or just the roof panels? From the current speaker configuration there won’t be any padding near the back speakers which is a bit of a bummer as well.

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice, hope the sound deadening upgrade is under $3K :D

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone been close to these panels in person ? I cant believe they are charging that for what looks to be a single layer of felt ? I could understand if it has multiple layers of material ie temp reflecting layer, sound deadening layer etc.....but sheesh .......
You surely realize that material cost is only one of many factors that result in the end price?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Idk man this doesn’t exactly look like some military spec ultra-density sound sucking material. Can someone do a google map check and see how close the JoAnn Fabric store is to Ford HQ? ? In all seriousness the majority of the deadening will come from the coating they already have on the factory panels. Also can anyone see if it covers the rear shell as well or just the roof panels? From the current speaker configuration there won’t be any padding near the back speakers which is a bit of a bummer as well.
Amazing you can tell that from some poor quality pics.
I also noticed you have 3 posts and 2 of them are negative. A great way to get started.

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, but i do appreciate the info. How about heat transfer? Wouldn't it be better to have as much surface covered as possible? I have no doubts hotheads is good, but it looks like kickboards covered in felt attached to the underside of the top, so I'm open for options. I do appreciate your input though and it will go into my thought process.

If hotheads had a product that actually looked like a headliner and also included their current product, that's where the sweet spot is.
I can certainly appreciate wanting to have as much surface area covered as possible. Having more surface area covered is certainly better for sound, but the material plays a much bigger part for the heat mitigation you're looking for. Our headliners are made out of several material layers, including a Radiant Barrier, which really helps regulate both hot and cold temperatures. The main reason our customers buy our headliners is to help regulate the temperature in their Jeeps. That's why we call them HOThead Headliners :cool:. We sell tons of them in states like AZ, CA, TX, FL, etc. and the reviews are all positive on the heat reduction.

In terms of sound reduction, our headliners do a great job, especially with the addition of our Sound Assassin strips.

Aesthetically, people will no doubt have a subjective preference on the looks of one headliner over another. Most headliners work to an extent and the customer has to decide what fits their needs best.

We'll obviously make the Bronco headliners as best as we can and with the best materials as we do for the Wrangler. As soon as we have more info, we'll update everyone on the forum. You can also be added to our Email List for updates.

-Mark

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So what I've seen on here about the Hotheads product is it is a thin-foam product with foil backing for heat reflection and a headliner material glued to the foam. In the video it seems necessary to use a stiff wood applicator to press the 3M adhesive tape sections to the roof panel, which tells me the foam is easily crushed and seems to me would not be durable for long term use and susceptible to damage when the roof panels are stored. I'll take the Ford factory version for probably similar performance and longer durability. But all of that is based on pics on the internet at the moment.
Our headliners have a bit more to them than mentioned above and are pretty durable.

They start out with a 1/8" panel board which gets a radiant barrier attached to one side and 1/4" dense polyethylene foam laminated to the other. The headliners are completed by covering each panel in standard headliner fabric, which wraps around all edges for a clean, finished look. The headliners attach to your Jeep hard top using 3M VHB tape which is stuck to ABS strips that are attached to the backs of the panels before being wrapped.

The video below gives a pretty good visual of what they look like. Hope that helps!

ozzman469

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hmm...who would've thought that the headliners and the 2.7l engine conflicted with each other on the B&P

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK, I had to :p
Ford Bronco Sound deadening headliner on Bronco top (first photos) 1610044445786
Sponsored