Sponsored

Sound Deadening Headliner, Option It Or Not?

TXDOZER

Base
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Basesquatch & 2020 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine came without it but I really wish I had it. It's available on Ford's website for the same price. So luckily it is not one of those options that costs you 10x more after the fact. I plan to add it at some point. It's just a thin 1/8" layer of felt with an adhesive backing.

I want it for two reasons:

1) It does noticeably absorb heat. Without it, the underside of the roof panels are very hot to the touch on a summer day. You can feel the heat radiating at head level. Comparing to a Bronco with the lining, it is only slightly warm and you do not feel the heat by your head as much.

2) It only marginally adds more sound deadening BUT... the acoustics in these trucks is horrible. Having any sort of lining on those hard surfaces (underside of roof panels) can only improve the situation when it comes to the audio listening experience.
Same here. Heat and whatever sound deadening you get. Got it. Glad I did.

Last edited:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get it if it's free. I like mine. Never heard the shedding bit. I think it looks great, and theoretically, it should help with acoustics inside the cabin

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get it. If you hate it, you can always rip it out.

Was thinking about getting the hotheads liner, but they have been "real soon now" for longer than I have been waiting for my Bronco.
Sponsored