First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So is a sound deadening headliner a thing? how loud will it be inside the truck with or without the headliner?
Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So is a sound deadening headliner a thing? how loud will it be inside the truck with or without the headliner?
They are a thing. We've been making headliners for Jeep Wranglers and Jeep Gladiators for over 10 years. The headliners help dampen sound and improve the acoustics of your radio. We like to conservatively say they help reduce 3 to 6 decibels (dB). They also help quite a bit by regulating temperature (both hot & cold). Feel free to check out our website. We list more details on the features/benefits on the product pages and there are quite a lot of reviews of our customers' experiences. We should have them available for the Bronco this coming spring.

Feel free to let me know if you have any specific questions.

Last edited:

Midnight1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I see in the High package it says it includes "additional sound deadening materials". Does anyone know what that is compared to what the headliner you have to buy as an additional option?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see in the High package it says it includes "additional sound deadening materials". Does anyone know what that is compared to what the headliner you have to buy as an additional option?
It's discussed elsewhere on the forum, but the short answer is: No one knows absolutely for sure, but that terminology is typically used to mean sound deadening material / mat that is applied against the body structure under the carpet and trim, and that's what we're all assuming it means in this case.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hotheads headliners for the win. They also really help when its
115F outside and the headliner blocks much of the heat from cooking my noggin. Just have to get the surface prep correct when installing them. And less expensive than OEM version.

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hotheads headliners for the win. They also really help when its
115F outside and the headliner blocks much of the heat from cooking my noggin. Just have to get the surface prep correct when installing them. And less expensive than OEM version.
Thanks for the endorsement! And you're right, preparation is very important.

The adhesive we use for our Hard Top Headliners is a high-quality 3M VHB tape with a high heat rating of 300°+ degrees Fahrenheit. It's pretty serious tape and we are using more than needed on the headliner panels for more than a proper weight/tape ratio. With proper preparation, it should last a lifetime.

Cold Weather Installation: In addition to the proper preparation steps, it's also important that you're installing in the proper temperature. We recommend installing in no less than 70° degrees Fahrenheit. We understand that many folks live in different climates, especially in the winter, so please don't worry. As long as you follow our Cold Weather Installation instructions, everything will install and adhere perfectly.

Here are a few [VIDEO] resources to help clarify things further.

Removing Your Panels:

Replacing the 3M Tape:

Prepping Your Hard Top:

Installing Your Headliners:

Cold Weather Installation:

If anyone has any questions, please contact me directly or email our team at [email protected]
Thank you!

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been looking into this. You will be able to get an aftermarket system for half of the cost of the factory installed option. If you can install a bumper sticker, you can install one of these.

Brewdog1198

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 zo6 vert
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the endorsement! And you're right, preparation is very important.

The adhesive we use for our Hard Top Headliners is a high-quality 3M VHB tape with a high heat rating of 300°+ degrees Fahrenheit. It's pretty serious tape and we are using more than needed on the headliner panels for more than a proper weight/tape ratio. With proper preparation, it should last a lifetime.

Cold Weather Installation: In addition to the proper preparation steps, it's also important that you're installing in the proper temperature. We recommend installing in no less than 70° degrees Fahrenheit. We understand that many folks live in different climates, especially in the winter, so please don't worry. As long as you follow our Cold Weather Installation instructions, everything will install and adhere perfectly.

Here are a few [VIDEO] resources to help clarify things further.

Removing Your Panels:

Replacing the 3M Tape:

Prepping Your Hard Top:

Installing Your Headliners:

Cold Weather Installation:

If anyone has any questions, please contact me directly or email our team at [email protected]

Thank you!
So do u make these for broncos or just jeeps?

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are a thing. We've been making headliners for Jeep Wranglers and Jeep Gladiators for over 10 years. The headliners help dampen sound and improve the acoustics of your radio. We like to conservatively say they help reduce 3 to 6 decibels (dB). They also help quite a bit by regulating temperature (both hot & cold). Feel free to check out our website. We list more details on the features/benefits on the product pages and there are quite a lot of reviews of our customers' experiences. We should have them available for the Bronco this coming spring.

Feel free to let me know if you have any specific questions.
any updates? ETA?

Sponsored

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

any updates? ETA?
It feels like they gave up. I’m just getting the OE headliner installed.

I’ve seen a few folks here install butyl rubber sound deadener under the OE headliner, but haven’t seen a lot of evidence it makes any difference.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love how these guys come on the forum, spam everyone with links and marketing talk, then never come up with a viable product they can ship. Much like half the other wheelers and dealers on this site. Wish the admin would make up some rules about posting spam for vapor ware products. Preorders are nothing but money grabs on this site.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was supposed to come with the free headliner on the hardtop, but it showed up without. Also, showed up with the tow package, though, so the WBDO is a crap shoot, it seems. Mine doesn't seem to be any worse than all the other complaints. Fine until you get to 70-75, then you have to raise your voice to converse with the front passenger, so not sure how much it helps with the noise. We'll see when summer gets here as far as heat, but it doesn't say "insulated" headliner. It's called "sound deadening" headliner. I'm trying to say positive on not having it by thinking, if I want to put sticker on it, or if I want an aftermarket solution, at least I have a clean slate to work with.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was supposed to come with the free headliner on the hardtop, but it showed up without. Also, showed up with the tow package, though, so the WBDO is a crap shoot, it seems. Mine doesn't seem to be any worse than all the other complaints. Fine until you get to 70-75, then you have to raise your voice to converse with the front passenger, so not sure how much it helps with the noise. We'll see when summer gets here as far as heat, but it doesn't say "insulated" headliner. It's called "sound deadening" headliner. I'm trying to say positive on not having it by thinking, if I want to put sticker on it, or if I want an aftermarket solution, at least I have a clean slate to work with.
This sounds like a gift handed to you. Go buy the dynamat sound deadening kit for Bronco hard tops. Then get Ford’s liner and install over that.

edit; or soundskin
Sponsored