First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was also thinking about getting the headliner on my Bronco. However, after reading this thread, and remembering that I didn't have them on either of my Wranglers, I am going to wait also. I may not even end up needing/wanting them. If I do, I think we have seen that there are better options found in the aftermarket. Thanks to those of you that mentioned other manufacturers and/or placed links.
Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. It seems odd that some foam pads would put it over weight, which then leads me to believe it might actually be some sort of "sprayed on insulation".

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm tempted to wait for Aftermarket as well, but we don't fully know the prices, the timeline AND we know that the Factory ones will at least assist with the thinner MIC top in both sound and insulation, (as well as be included in the Warranty). Considering most of us will be getting them cheaper than list price... might as well.

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only thing that would make me want the factory option if it where somehow / someway sandwiched inside the MIC top and panels and not just stuck on the surface. That would be interesting. However I do not think that is the case

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only thing that would make me want the factory option if it where somehow / someway sandwiched inside the MIC top and panels and not just stuck on the surface. That would be interesting. However I do not think that is the case
This is what you can expect.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is what you can expect.
I'm not a rocket scientist, but wouldn't taking the top OFF to do all that sanding and sticking be a better way to go?

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not a rocket scientist, but wouldn't taking the top OFF to do all that sanding and sticking be a better way to go?
I was thinking the same when I watched it. Plus it would save you from having to clean the inside of all the dust too.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did this to my two door jeep. I think they show them installing the headliners with the top on so they can market it as a "one man job". Taking the top off a Jeep, even a two door requires two people unless you have a hoist. Even if you had a hoist you'd need to get it down and flip it over on the ground which isn't easy. I had my buddy come over and I had thrown down a tarp. While I was at it I actually sprayed the inside liner black so it matched the rest of my interior with the panels. But to your initial assessment, yes taking it off and flipping it over makes it LOADS easier. It also lets you get proper lighting inside there so you can see where you have and have not hit with the sanding and washing.

As far as the product goes... I LOVE Hothead's and their company. Im anxious to see what Ford has in store for the sound deadening roof. If its just foam pads then I'm sure Hotheads will equal or outdo them.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following....this is a good workaround if there are delays from parts department if your build have factory liners locked out

So the owner is a member here? What's his name? Would love to see what their estimation is on having this ready for bronco customers.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hello-from-hothead-headliners.9071/

I read Somewhere here recently that the owner has a day 1 reservation and once they have their hands on it, it’s a trivial matter to start production. (Talking weeks to market... not months or years)

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's what I'd do. I wouldn't want all of that dust on the interior.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
He is a great guy that makes a great product. Met him when he was still here in So Cal. You will also have a color choice at no extra cost, LOL. Unless Ford does something really good, these will be the ones to get.
I've always wondered why they don't fill the void in the roof with some kind of sound deadening foam. Thought about that on the JK.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's what I'd do. I wouldn't want all of that dust on the interior.
One drop of acetone on MGV would effup a seat beyond all recognition. And working with acetone in a semi enclosed vehicle would not be good for one's resapatory health.

Sanding the surface of the plastic top would get the sand paper aggregate and plastic dust into all sorts of places in the interior that will take months to fully vacuum out.

One would have to be an idiot to attempt such an install with the top affixed on the Bronco.

My 2 cents.
Sponsored

Last edited: