Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this vehicle will never be silent, so spare me the elitist lecture, etc. I will be driving on the highway to get to the cool trails, and I'd like to be able to have a conversation with the people in the back seat. That's not too much to ask. (clearly this is referencing a hard top. I plan to get the modular shadow black top on my badsquatch)

I noticed in the High trim package, there is additional sound deadening material included. That's pretty much the only thing I want from that package.
Any idea if that will be buyable on it's own from Ford? (We will know with the B&P, but maybe someone has some knowledge here)
Any idea if there are after market companies that specialize in this sort of thing?
How do stock and aftermarket sound deadening compare?
Can you do both?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Reactions: ELS

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this vehicle will never be silent, so spare me the elitist lecture, etc. I will be driving on the highway to get to the cool trails, and I'd like to be able to have a conversation with the people in the back seat. That's not too much to ask. (clearly this is referencing a hard top. I plan to get the modular shadow black top on my badsquatch)

I noticed in the High trim package, there is additional sound deadening material included. That's pretty much the only thing I want from that package.
Any idea if that will be buyable on it's own from Ford? (We will know with the B&P, but maybe someone has some knowledge here)
Any idea if there are after market companies that specialize in this sort of thing?
How do stock and aftermarket sound deadening compare?
Can you do both?

Thanks.
This type of sound deadening is typically an adhesive mat that you apply to the metal body inside of the vehicle.

It's the type of project that you could do yourself rather than pay someone to do it... but it's also basically just more time/labor (removing and reinstalling carpeting, trim, panels, etc) than it is skill... so it depends how much money your time is worth.

I doubt that you'd be able to add it as an accessory after delivery, but any legit automotive stereo / up-fitter would probably be able to quote you the job pretty easily.

Dynamat is pretty much *the* name brand in the business.

http://www.dynamat.com/automotive-and-transportation/

Your ride wont be a miserable place to be without it from the factory, but I do think it will make it a nicer place to spend time if you're daily driving. Probably not worth the extra cost of the package if it's the *only* thing that you want, but considering it will come with other features, it may be "cheaper" to have them do it before the car is totally together rather than having it done after the fact.

(especially if the factory is applying it to places like against the firewall that just isn't practicable to do after you take delivery)

WCampbellAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan on doing the same. Your best bet is to pop out the seats, carpet, and door panels.

Apply a layer of butyl sound deadening mat (dynamat, hushmat, or amazon makes a good alternative for $50 a box).

Then apply a layer of CCF(closed cell foam on top of that)

Both of these will reduce noise and vibrations, and quiet the cabin, while still being waterproof if you plan on soaking the interior. Takes about an afternoon to do, I just completed this with my mustang and fusion and it made a huge difference.
Sponsored