Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had my Basesquatch for a little more than a month, and it started a new sound. I wonder if any of you have it too.

In the tailgate area I hear what I can best describe as the type of squeak Styrofoam makes when it rubs against itself. Regular road bumps make the "squeak." I've definitely heard this type of sound in my older classic cars, but not generally in a new vehicle (I had a 69 Bronco for a long time, and it had so many squeaks and rattles there was no telling them apart).

Does anyone else have this type of sound coming from the tailgate area?

Maybe it's just part of the Bronco experience, but I'm curious if I'm the only one.
Sponsored

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this too. Installed the tailgate reinforcement and some of it went away. I think the other half might be coming from the hard top but I can’t pinpoint it.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my Basesquatch for a little more than a month, and it started a new sound. I wonder if any of you have it too.

In the tailgate area I hear what I can best describe as the type of squeak Styrofoam makes when it rubs against itself. Regular road bumps make the "squeak." I've definitely heard this type of sound in my older classic cars, but not generally in a new vehicle (I had a 69 Bronco for a long time, and it had so many squeaks and rattles there was no telling them apart).

Does anyone else have this type of sound coming from the tailgate area?

Maybe it's just part of the Bronco experience, but I'm curious if I'm the only one.
Well documented here. Look at the top of page four of this thread for your answer.
Post in thread 'Squeak coming from Cargo Area - Fixed ✅' https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/squeak-coming-from-cargo-area-fixed-✅.42254/post-1420767

OP
OP
Graybs

Graybs

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going to try lubricating the seals as described in that thread, but I suspect my noise is something else. I can hear it in the tailgate when I open it (and it's not in contact with the seals).

Anybody else have experience in this area?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm going to try lubricating the seals as described in that thread, but I suspect my noise is something else. I can hear it in the tailgate when I open it (and it's not in contact with the seals).

Anybody else have experience in this area?
Hello, Brandon! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

RedDoor16

Outer Banks
First Name
Hudson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a similar issue and ford is replacing my entire swing gate tomorrow.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The squeak is the top of the tailgate rubbing against the bottom of the rear window where the rubber touches the paint.

My solution is to put a small towel in the gap when I close the tailgate door. I hold the towel so that it sticks out above the door about half an inch. The towel is approximately 24" wide. This has totally fixed the sound for me and it's easy enough to do.

Trying to clean the rubber, or apply stuff to it seems to only fix things for a short time. The towel lasts as long as I leave it in place. I put it there when I air down the tires when I get to the dirt parts and I remove it when I air back up when I get back to pavement.

Deleted member 43293

I added weather stripping to the top of the tailgate as well as used the lubricant that a few people have mentioned here on the forums and my noise stopped 100%. I did not have a noise when opening it though, only when driving and hitting bumps

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put Syl-Glide on the bottom seal of the lift gate and the rest of the noise is gone. It’s a pretty quiet truck now actually.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I noticed there is foam inside tailgate, could be that. And MAYBE when everyone is spraying lube in the tailgate this is what it is affecting

Was wondering if it could be this
"Post in thread 'Interior Tail Gate Trim Panel Replacement (broken plastic clip)'" https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cement-broken-plastic-clip.56168/post-1639546 I'd suggest removing it to see if sound stops

I'm also an advocate of tailgate reinforcement to minimize flex(leading to squeak) in that area
Sponsored