Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you want to check your ride to compare its a free app (NIOSH sound level meter)

Disclamer Different roads and if you have the AC on or off things like this will make a difference this is a ballpark not a perfect # (Lux package and carpet I would think would be even less) I did AC off and ran test between the front 2 seats.

Hope to add Jeep numbers next week plan to go by a dealer and get some on both soft top and hard.

Bronco

4 door Big Bend Specs: SAS, Soft Top, Towing, high package. (Will post a pic in comments)
50mph: 64-65db
70mph: 71-72db

4 door ? Hard Top (Hope to get soon been looking at dealerships with no luck) I'm in OKC if anyone can help me find one
50mph: ?db
70mph: ?db

2019 F150 Platinum (My Truck)
50mph: 58db
70mph: 66db

2018 Sequoia (Wife ride)
50mph: 63-64db
70mph: 67-68db

Jeep (Hard Top)

Jeep (Soft Top)

First off I had a guy going to give me some numbers but they were way off. (I tested my phone to make sure it was right on DBs) You are welcome to post your numbers but keep in mind if you don't test your phone for accuracy it maybe way off. (Normal Chatting is around 60db) just an easy way to see if its even close.
If you don't mind id like to assist with the jku reading.. I'll be doing a 30 min drive home on the highway tonight. I'll share and compare.
Sponsored

ImNotLostUR

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the thread that everyone who is thinking about getting the soft top needs right now. My main concern is the sound and then the durability of the soft top when parked outside. Soon as I get my answers I'll gladly switch my order but until then I'm getting the MIC.

I know it doesn't matter much since its a video on computer but can anyone try to get a video on just the sound while driving with the soft top. Thanks everyone!

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't mind id like to assist with the jku reading.. I'll be doing a 30 min drive home on the highway tonight. I'll share and compare.
You are welcome to post the results but I will still do the test next week reason being different phones. BUT if I do the test and say the solftops are the same or Jeep is louder then a person can go test drive one and know that the jeep is louder if that is the results we will see.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Y'all don't have 80 mph speed limits? Thanks for the work.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Make sure to test the Jeep’s. On the same road tops. The actual road too makes a large difference.

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are welcome to post the results but I will still do the test next week reason being different phones. BUT if I do the test and say the solftops are the same or Jeep is louder then a person can go test drive one and know that the jeep is louder if that is the results we will see.
Okay so highway driving :
60mph: 67-68
80 mph: 74-76

Thats in a 14 jku (hardtop)and as I hate to admit it's been dynamatted (floor/door). I had my phone in a mount center of the jeep.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay so highway driving :
80 mph: 74-76

Thats in a 14 jku (hardtop)and as I hate to admit it's been dynamatted (floor/door). I had my phone in a mount center of the jeep.
I have actually already tested a 2017 Jeep Hard top but wanted to be as fare as possible on the numbers so wanted to post numbers of the new. But way off in the tread I don't see what it could hurt.

2017 4 door hard top
70 mph: 73-74

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have actually already tested a 2017 Jeep Hard top but wanted to be as fare as possible on the numbers so wanted to post numbers of the new. But way off in the tread I don't see what it could hurt.

2017 4 door hard top
70 mph: 73-74
Well I was kinda curious myself. And I've learned dynamatting doesn't do :poop:

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you find a Bronco in OKC?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Haha
Reactions: abe

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know everyone's highways are different (LA freeways are extra noisy).... but have you thought of reaching out to some known B6G owners that have received MIC tops?

@SirBenimen - any chance you can help out? (see the first post and then take a couple of decibel readings)

SirBenimen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco 2020 GT500 2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know everyone's highways are different (LA freeways are extra noisy).... but have you thought of reaching out to some known B6G owners that have received MIC tops?

@SirBenimen - any chance you can help out? (see the first post and then take a couple of decibel readings)
I added the app on my phone but the numbers were way low. I’m guessing I have crud or something in my phone. I will try it on my wife’s phone and report back.

SirBenimen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco 2020 GT500 2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want to check your ride to compare its a free app (NIOSH sound level meter)

Disclamer Different roads and if you have the AC on or off things like this will make a difference this is a ballpark not a perfect # (Lux package and carpet I would think would be even less) I did AC off and ran test between the front 2 seats.

Hope to add Jeep numbers next week plan to go by a dealer and get some on both soft top and hard.

Bronco

4 door Big Bend Specs: SAS, Soft Top, Towing, high package. (Will post a pic in comments)
50mph: 64-65db
70mph: 71-72db

4 door ? Hard Top (Hope to get soon been looking at dealerships with no luck) I'm in OKC if anyone can help me find one

2019 F150 Platinum (My Truck)
50mph: 58db
70mph: 66db

2018 Sequoia (Wife ride)
50mph: 63-64db
70mph: 67-68db

Jeep (Hard Top)

Jeep (Soft Top)

First off I had a guy going to give me some numbers but they were way off. (I tested my phone to make sure it was right on DBs) You are welcome to post your numbers but keep in mind if you don't test your phone for accuracy it maybe way off. (Normal Chatting is around 60db) just an easy way to see if its even close.
Just went for a quick drive… 4 door hardtop squatch with sound deadening 50 mph 66-67 dbs 70 mph 73-74 dbs

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model