Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A question about the B&O sound system - it’s really the only item I want out of the Lux package on an OBX and I just can’t justify adding $6k to the price I got to on a Big Bend build that otherwise has what I want. Would appreciate some insights from those with more experience that if I purchase the the upgraded 12” touchscreen on the Big Bend can the B&O system be added later as a stand alone purchase?

Thanks in advance for the assist. Was disappointed the B&O system was not a stand alone upgrade
Sponsored

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably not, but the aftermarket sure will have nice things in the future. It depends really do you want it from the factory right now or look to the aftermarket later on.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting a BL, I have chosen the lux package solely for the B&O system. Yes I’m aware I could go aftermarket. But here’s my stick- the lux package gives you everything not just the stereo. Add that I know I’d spend the same amount in an aftermarket system it doesn’t make sense to not get it. And it will be covered by Ford factory warranty; bumper to bumper for 3 yrs or longer with extended warranty make that initial cost negligible. You won’t get that aftermarket and Ford could deny warranty claims if your aftermarket system “possibly” interferes with any other stock system.
Lastly, not that it’s even a remote thought, if you go to sell “upgrade” later you”lol have a better chance of receiving top dollar for a fully loaded Bronco.
Just my thoughts. Cheers

edit: I’m also pretty happy that I’ll get all the other options available by going Lux.

OP
OP

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Probably not, but the aftermarket sure will have nice things in the future. It depends really do you want it from the factory right now or look to the aftermarket later on.
Thanks and that’s my debate - get it all now or get just what I want in a year or so after the market catches up to the Bronco specs.

OP
OP

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m getting a BL, I have chosen the lux package solely for the B&O system. Yes I’m aware I could go aftermarket. But here’s my stick- the lux package gives you everything not just the stereo. Add that I know I’d spend the same amount in an aftermarket system it doesn’t make sense to not get it. And it will be covered by Ford factory warranty; bumper to bumper for 3 yrs or longer with extended warranty make that initial cost negligible. You won’t get that aftermarket and Ford could deny warranty claims if your aftermarket system “possibly” interferes with any other stock system.
Lastly, not that it’s even a remote thought, if you go to sell “upgrade” later you”lol have a better chance of receiving top dollar for a fully loaded Bronco.
Just my thoughts. Cheers

edit: I’m also pretty happy that I’ll get all the other options available by going Lux.
Thanks for the thoughts. I agree about the resale value but not really considering that right now as I am hoping to hold this rig for a long time. Plus some of the specs in the high and lux packages are wasted for me since I can’t use them. This would have been easier had Ford not stuck the B&O solely in the lux package.

Sponsored

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What exactly is the difference if you upgrade to the B&O. Is it outlined in another thread?

SonOfOdin

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally agree with your post. My only wish is that they include Tow capability with the LUX package

Just my thoughts. Cheers

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can add $500 in aftermarket speakers to stock system and it will blow the B&O away. Not being negative, but every B&O Ford I've heard is terrible. Full disclosure, my wife wants Lux and I also am preparing to have to throw the B&O in the garbage and put quality stuff in.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally agree with your post. My only wish is that they include Tow capability with the LUX package
Thank you!! Yes agreed adding tow package to one of the trim levels would be nice. Although still happy it’s available even if stand alone.

SonOfOdin

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can add $500 in aftermarket speakers to stock system and it will blow the B&O away. Not being negative, but every B&O Ford I've heard is terrible. Full disclosure, my wife wants Lux and I also am preparing to have to throw the B&O in the garbage and put quality stuff in.
Ok I see your point....I still plan to get the LUX package because I see the value of the B&O wiring/speaker placement etc.... but are you suggesting that the speakers that come with the package could be swapped out for “much” better sounding ones?

Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There wont be cut outs for the additional speaker locations if you don't get the lux, but trust me when i say you can get a bad ass sound system just by swapping the base 6 speakers with high quality ones for a fraction of the price. Now if you want a sub you can add one but it will prob take up space vs the built in B&O one.

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wasn't surprised Ford did not make B&O a stand-alone option. Car companies make much more money when they bundle options into packages.

Same reason Homelink isn't available by itself. That's one option I really wanted because otherwise I'd need to have three remotes clipped to my visor to get into my community and garage. Ugh.

Still don't think I will pay $6k for the LUX pkg though.

OP
OP

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for that - very helpful
Sponsored