Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sound system reviews are saying even the LUX package is average at best.

A good quality sound system is important to me, so I would love to hear people's suggestions or plans

2 door Badlands, SAS, LUX
Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the complaints about the sound system are in the lux trim on the 4 doors saying it's hallow not load enough that because the speaker are so far back the 2 door should in theory fix this.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided to forego the B&O and I'm going to get the JBL soundbar for my 2 door. I think the Broncos problem with the sound system is that you can't have door speakers like a normal vehicle and the way the roll cage is designed there are no speakers by your head like the Wrangler. So I'm just going to upgrade what I can and hope that the sound bar takes care of the rest. With the top off it will be more like a marine setup anyways, so may as well lean into it and make it work.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I decided to forego the B&O and I'm going to get the JBL soundbar for my 2 door. I think the Broncos problem with the sound system is that you can't have door speakers like a normal vehicle and the way the roll cage is designed there are no speakers by your head like the Wrangler. So I'm just going to upgrade what I can and hope that the sound bar takes care of the rest. With the top off it will be more like a marine setup anyways, so may as well lean into it and make it work.
Why do the JBL and not just put some real pods on the roll bars?

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

93e5b905-373f-49be-83e5-4fdbf11a921d-jpeg.jpg

You Cant see out of the back in a 2 door with the sound bar and ford has to reset the stereo deck to make it work.

Sponsored

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Sound system upgrade suggestions 93e5b905-373f-49be-83e5-4fdbf11a921d-jpe

You Cant see out of the back in a 2 door with the sound bar and ford has to reset the stereo deck to make it work.
Is that your sweet Bronco with the sound bar? If so, does it connect with RCA to head unit and also have Bluetooth and 3.5 jack that overide the head unit? Also, is the rest of stereo deck a one time thing?

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that your sweet Bronco with the sound bar? If so, does it connect with RCA to head unit and also have Bluetooth and 3.5 jack that overide the head unit? Also, is the rest of stereo deck a one time thing?
No not my bronco It's from here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...almost-every-possible-roof-rack-option.19620/. It connect with Bluetooth. I'm not sure if the rest is a one time thing.
2b14e0d6-e2ea-4161-983a-43c856d05bcb-jpeg.jpg

That was on this post https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/base-sound-system-upgrade-build.18480/page-6

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One of my issues with reviews is that folks aren’t even giving the speakers time to break in. Just my opinion though
Probably haven't even changed fluids, either!

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No not my bronco It's from here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...almost-every-possible-roof-rack-option.19620/. It connect with Bluetooth. I'm not sure if the rest is a one time thing.
Ford Bronco Sound system upgrade suggestions 2b14e0d6-e2ea-4161-983a-43c856d05bcb-jpe

That was on this post https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/base-sound-system-upgrade-build.18480/page-6
I think it connects to head unit via RCA... and Bluetooth/ 3.5 override it . I have not seen anything to suggest otherwise, except people’s speculation. I based it on the JBL sound bar link and Crutchfield links I have posted several times. I am looking for actual specs for the sound bar, or someone that has one. I had dealer add it, and want to confirm it is the same one as listed on JBL and Crutchfield sites . Thanks, though.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ugh. Sorry for potentially posting misinformation.

Listen to @Tricky Nick - it seems like he has the most research into that piece of equipment.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm really hoping the aftermarket comes up with new pods that at least allow for 6.5's or 6x9's in the rear.

Either that, or possibly figuring out some sort of mounting option for wakeboard speakers of some kind. I'd think something like these (and an amp) should totally help balance out the soundstage and also add some more low mids.

Ford Bronco Sound system upgrade suggestions wakeboard

They already have quite a few different mount options for these JL's, would think someone should come up with a mounting solution for the "sport" bar:

Ford Bronco Sound system upgrade suggestions Mounting-Options

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t experienced the Bronco sound system first hand, but I’m guessing it will be lacking low end due to the size of the drivers. Hopefully JL Audio makes a stealth box to help with that, or one of the other companies makes something that will fit under one of the front seats. Fiberglass kick panels with a larger driver set may be possible in the front, but there might not be enough footwell.
Sponsored