First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want to upgrade all speakers inside bronco (not B&O) to achieve a more clear, loud, and deep sound. I will not be doing this myself but instead through a local shop. Has anyone upgraded theirs at a shop and if so what all was updated and thoughts? I want bass but not a sub bc I don’t want it in back limiting space.
Sponsored

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll be interested to see what others say, but I think you will have a hard time getting decent bass without a sub. You should probably mention what system you have now.

BTW, I know this isn't what you asked, but I replaced my front and back speakers but let the kick panel speakers alone. Added a small sub in the back and the sound is much, much, improved.

OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll be interested to see what others say, but I think you will have a hard time getting decent bass without a sub. You should probably mention what system you have now.

BTW, I know this isn't what you asked, but I replaced my front and back speakers but let the kick panel speakers alone. Added a small sub in the back and the sound is much, much, improved.
I have the high package

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You won't get any decent bass without a sub. I changed all my speakers to JL Audio C1's and added a powered Kenwood sub in the back. It doesn't take up much room. The difference is night and day.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Replaced all my speakers with Fosgates and threw a powered Kicker Hideaway in the back and it truly fixed the audio quality in the truck. I think you need to do it all to really make it sound good though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Replaced all my speakers with Fosgates and threw a powered Kicker Hideaway in the back and it truly fixed the audio quality in the truck. I think you need to do it all to really make it sound good though.
Which hideaway did you use and is under back seat? Those have amp built in, right?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can always install a powered sub with a quick disconnect on the rear or cargo floor and pull it out when you need the space. I’ll likely put a shallow mount sub in a small enclosure or have a custom enclosure built where the factory B&O sub is located when mine arrives hopefully in a month or so. I have the LUX package but I’ve heard the sound system and I will need to upgrade it.

OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m thinking I can have this added and it will fit under back seat and does not require an amp. Anyone have this under a seat…does it fit and does it provide decent bass?
Ford Bronco Sound System Upgrade C7BBED37-434C-446E-883A-BB32E870B49B

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This provides great bass so I assume a kicker version will as well. I also changed all 4” speakers and added the kicker key amp to drive them.
Ford Bronco Sound System Upgrade 0F7DF255-69D1-45C7-AB85-C890E2912D9A

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m thinking I can have this added and it will fit under back seat and does not require an amp. Anyone have this under a seat…does it fit and does it provide decent bass?
I’m doubt the hideaway will fit under the front seats and the back seats drop as you put them down. I have seen people fit the small Kenwood ksc-sw11 under the front seat, just behind the air vent. I’ll likely install a hideaway and just mount it to the back of the rear seats

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Sound System Upgrade 0F7DF255-69D1-45C7-AB85-C890E2912D9A
i just bought the HS8 and installed it. No way it will fit under a 2dr seat, unlikely it will fit under a 4dr. but it brings the bass..enough to round out the system. I tried the crutchfield Sound Ordinance B8PTD and couldn't keep it turn on consistently. similar footprint

SO vs. Kicker.jpg

OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You won't get any decent bass without a sub. I changed all my speakers to JL Audio C1's and added a powered Kenwood sub in the back. It doesn't take up much room. The difference is night and day.
Pic of Kenwood sub?

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
C7BBED37-434C-446E-883A-BB32E870B49B.png
I used this sub in my upgrade. I have it installed on the driver’s side panel in the back storage area. It doesn’t take up much room. It will rattle a bit when I turn the base up too much but I have an adjustment knob by my right leg on the console and can quickly adjust. I’m also planning to put some poly fill behind the panel if/when the rattle bugs me more. As it is I just figure it reminds me that I have the bass and sound too high. :) I used Kicker CS 4” and 6” to replace the two dash speakers, pod speakers and kick panel speakers. Stuffed poly fill behind all of them. It sounds incredible and louder than I’d ever need. The highest I’ve turned it up is 18 with the top down, windows open at 65-70mph. It doesn’t sound good with it the sun.

Ford Bronco Sound System Upgrade 75DF4652-7BF4-4E9B-9AD9-A2D05B0D47B0

P.S. - The sub would not fit under the rear seats and allow them to fold down. Nor would it have adequate air space

597E4275-93A7-4437-816D-318E02F177A8.jpeg