scuba

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw this mentioned on a couple of places, but didn't want to highjack those threads.

If the vehicle has a decent sound system stock (i.e. purpose-built for it ....thinking especially of the B&O), why would you need / want a soundbar? I've bought something similar before ( gift for a friend's UTV) but it seems superfluous here, unless the idea is to use when parked/camped?

The dog I have in the fight is that I'm justifying some of the Lux upgrade cost to the B&O, but if Ford thinks it's not enough sound....

JBL UB4100
https://www.jbl.com/marine-audio/JBL+STADIUM+AMPLIFIED+POWERSPORTS+SOUNDBAR.html

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw this mentioned on a couple of places, but didn't want to highjack those threads.

If the vehicle has a decent sound system stock (i.e. purpose-built for it ....thinking especially of the B&O), why would you need / want a soundbar? I've bought something similar before ( gift for a friend's UTV) but it seems superfluous here, unless the idea is to use when parked/camped?

The dog I have in the fight is that I'm justifying some of the Lux upgrade cost to the B&O, but if Ford thinks it's not enough sound....

JBL UB4100
https://www.jbl.com/marine-audio/JBL+STADIUM+AMPLIFIED+POWERSPORTS+SOUNDBAR.html

IIRC it sounds like it will be mounted to the rear tailgate or somewhere in that area. That would be great for music if you're tailgating or camping or whatever without having to blast the radio to hear the inside speakers.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s like back in the day when auto manufacturers started offering larger and larger rims even knowing ride quality would suffer and the rims would get destroyed by city potholes. Just a chance to make some money on stuff people were buying aftermarket.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No clue, but it's removable right? So you can take it to the campsite and use it vice running the battery down on the Bronco plus with no top, big tires, and wind noise even the best sound system is going to struggle.

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

may very well be a purposeful option to those trim levels that cant opt for the lux

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

JBL UB4100

I was hoping it would augment the B & O to up the performance even more. The owners guide isn't totally clear if connecting to the head unit allows any source to be selected. I'm hoping if one were to order it that it would come connected to the head unit and not just for use as a Bluetooth speaker. The B & O may be OK, but with only 10 speakers I'm not expecting greatness by any means.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Might be a way for lower trims to get a better system. Lux isn't available to everyone.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because they hadn't hit the minimum budget to be considered SEMA ridiculous?

OP
OP

scuba

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hoping it would augment the B & O to up the performance even more. The owners guide isn't totally clear if connecting to the head unit allows any source to be selected. I'm hoping if one were to order it that it would come connected to the head unit and not just for use as a Bluetooth speaker. The B & O may be OK, but with only 10 speakers I'm not expecting greatness by any means.
Interesting question about it being connected to the head-unit directly-- I know with bluetooth there's sometime a lag. It seems to make sense for camping / tailgaiting in any event. I'm hoping for great things out of the B&O or even from the non-B&O stock system. I remember when jeep first had the speakers in the roll bar, and I am hoping for some similar top-off-specific speaker engineering, for the enjoyment of my poor taste in music in good weather (while hopefully not subjecting the cars around me to it too much).

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting question about it being connected to the head-unit directly-- I know with bluetooth there's sometime a lag. It seems to make sense for camping / tailgaiting in any event. I'm hoping for great things out of the B&O or even from the non-B&O stock system. I remember when jeep first had the speakers in the roll bar, and I am hoping for some similar top-off-specific speaker engineering, for the enjoyment of my poor taste in music in good weather (while hopefully not subjecting the cars around me to it too much).
I think you're spot on... this type of item is for when you're parked some place and you don't want to burn gas / run down the battery for music...

To your second point, if I'm understanding it correctly, the Bronco *does* have rear roll bar speakers.... so your neighbors in traffic can enjoy your tase of music. ;)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think you're spot on... this type of item is for when you're parked some place and you don't want to burn gas / run down the battery for music...

To your second point, if I'm understanding it correctly, the Bronco *does* have rear roll bar speakers.... so your neighbors in traffic can enjoy your tase of music. ;)

Ford Bronco Soundbar from SEMA Vehicle-- why? nco-badlands-at-bronco-west-celebration-14-jpg-

Ford Bronco Soundbar from SEMA Vehicle-- why? nco-badlands-at-bronco-west-celebration-14-jpg-
This still runs from the vehicles battery. If it only plays Bluetooth, probably not worth it for me. If it's connected to the head unit and plays all sources, that's another story.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you're driving without a top on it's hard to hear the radio. A sound bar, or speakers mounted high, above and behind the driver, make a big difference. It also makes it easier to hear the music when you're parked at a camp spot and you're unloading gear or sitting under the awning.

The quality of sound won't be better than B&O, but it'll be "louder" where you need it when you're not in the vehicle with the top on.

ETA: I have sound bars in at least two rooms in my house, and portable bluetooth players in my office at work, in the camper and in my garage. They are handy, and this one will just be a way to "project" music in a different manner than the "stock" audio system.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you're driving without a top on it's hard to hear the radio. A sound bar, or speakers mounted high, above and behind the driver, make a big difference. It also makes it easier to hear the music when you're parked at a camp spot and you're unloading gear or sitting under the awning.

The quality of sound won't be better than B&O, but it'll be "louder" where you need it when you're not in the vehicle with the top on.

ETA: I have sound bars in at least two rooms in my house, and portable bluetooth players in my office at work, in the camper and in my garage. They are handy, and this one will just be a way to "project" music in a different manner than the "stock" audio system.
With the Jeep the speakers are right over and behind the driver and passengers head. Since that cross bar is gone on the Bronco you won't have that. It appears there are speakers all the way in the back. From my experience in Wranglers, I'm not sure how good that will be with the top off.

My daughters Nissan Kick has speakers in the headrest. That would be a great option for a top down vehicle.
Ford Bronco Soundbar from SEMA Vehicle-- why? 1606353097823

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to sound rude but i dont even understand the question, why would somone want their speakers and system to sound louder??? Well where im from the real question would be who wouldnt want their speakers even louder lol. Most people i know upgrade there speakers and systems soon as they get a new car, especially if you have jeep or bronco and the top and doors off you need a louder system then normal. And also from what i heard the B&O system in the bronco and some of the other fords leave a lot to be desired, i have friends that told me if you are getting the lux package for the upgraded speakers that it is not worth it at all, and your much better off saving that money and having better speakers put in at a local radio shop. But some people dont like the music up to loud which to each his own, but i know a louder system will be the first thing done to my bronco.
Sponsored