Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not to sound rude but i dont even understand the question, why would somone want their speakers and system to sound louder??? Well where im from the real question would be who wouldnt want their speakers even louder lol. Most people i know upgrade there speakers and systems soon as they get a new car, especially if you have jeep or bronco and the top and doors off you need a louder system then normal. And also from what i heard the B&O system in the bronco and some of the other fords leave a lot to be desired, i have friends that told me if you are getting the lux package for the upgraded speakers that it is not worth it at all, and your much better off saving that money and having better speakers put in at a local radio shop. But some people dont like the music up to loud which to each his own, but i know a louder system will be the first thing done to my bronco.
Not so much to be louder but fuller. With speakers in few locations, you may be inclined to play it loud to hear it up front. Being surrounded by more speakers would allow to play at a lower volume and still be heard.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Soundbar from SEMA Vehicle-- why? ford-bronco-cactus-gray-white-top-img_7863-jpg-

Not to get off topic, but I never noticed how nice that smooth white fiberglass top is on the inside. Wow. No, double wow!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Soundbar from SEMA Vehicle-- why? ford-bronco-cactus-gray-white-top-img_7863-jpg-

Not to get off topic, but I never noticed how nice that smooth white fiberglass top is on the inside. Wow. No, double wow!
Careful not to get too attached. That is from the CG 4-door that was a very special one-off. Nothing about that Bronco should be assumed to be what production units will look like.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Careful not to get too attached. That is from the CG 4-door that was a very special one-off. Nothing about that Bronco should be assumed to be what production units will look like.
Absolutely. Just like the rest of that CG and white pre-pro, there is so much to admire, despite the fact that much of it will never see the light of day in our world.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd say there's almost no chance it works in conjunction with the head unit. It's probably used as a detachable mobile sound solution.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was hoping it would augment the B & O to up the performance even more. The owners guide isn't totally clear if connecting to the head unit allows any source to be selected. I'm hoping if one were to order it that it would come connected to the head unit and not just for use as a Bluetooth speaker. The B & O may be OK, but with only 10 speakers I'm not expecting greatness by any means.
Believe these will be best for day camping, and tail gating. $900 is a steep price for a speaker that supplements just those two activities. But this speaker will surely make you the life of the party
I'd say there's almost no chance it works in conjunction with the head unit. It's probably used as a detachable mobile sound solution.

I've accepted this to simply be the way

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Believe these will be best for day camping, and tail gating. $900 is a steep price for a speaker that supplements just those two activities. But this speaker will surely make you the life of the party

I've accepted this to simply be the way
Now that the list is out, I can see that the one op has listed UB-4100 is not the one Ford is offering. The UB-4100 is a powered (amplified) soundbar. What Ford appears to be offering is the UB-4000 which is passive (non amplified. That would mean it needs a head unit or amp to drive it. If it's connected to the head unit as I now suspect, it should play whatever source you choose and not just be a Bluetooth speaker. I'm still interested in this and hope to find some further info on it.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now that the list is out, I can see that the one op has listed UB-4100 is not the one Ford is offering. The UB-4100 is a powered (amplified) soundbar. What Ford appears to be offering is the UB-4000 which is passive (non amplified. That would mean it needs a head unit or amp to drive it. If it's connected to the head unit as I now suspect, it should play whatever source you choose and not just be a Bluetooth speaker. I'm still interested in this and hope to find some further info on it.
Interesting....
But....
does that mean it plays nicely and together with the 10 speaker system? Or it's it's own separate source?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the pictures I’ve seen, it looks like it would replace your two rear speakers on the sport bar. I’m guessing there’s either an adapter for the stock harness or it’s plug and play. I hope it’s plug and play!

From the recent accessory catalog photo, it looks like you may even be able to pivot the bar from facing towards the interior to outward towards the rear tire. If this is the case and the sound is of good quality, I might add it later. I want to see how the B&O system holds up to topless and odorless highway driving.

This has potential to be great for tailgating!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting....
But....
does that mean it plays nicely and together with the 10 speaker system? Or it's it's own separate source?
That's what Ford needs to clear up. A passive unit needs to get power from somewhere. If it ties into the B & O, it would likely be really nice.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know that the open air experience is supposed to be a big deal in the Bronco, which is why everyone is happy that there is no sound bar at the B-Pillar like the Wrangler. Reviews are already coming in that the sound quality, even with the B&O sound system that it is lacking.

Some people don’t care about that, but I want to be able to hear music while driving down the highway….Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket sound bar that goes across the B-Pillar like the Wrangler. I actually like the Wrangler sound bar.

Thanks

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saw this mentioned on a couple of places, but didn't want to highjack those threads.

If the vehicle has a decent sound system stock (i.e. purpose-built for it ....thinking especially of the B&O), why would you need / want a soundbar? I've bought something similar before ( gift for a friend's UTV) but it seems superfluous here, unless the idea is to use when parked/camped?

The dog I have in the fight is that I'm justifying some of the Lux upgrade cost to the B&O, but if Ford thinks it's not enough sound....

JBL UB4100
https://www.jbl.com/marine-audio/JBL+STADIUM+AMPLIFIED+POWERSPORTS+SOUNDBAR.html

I think there was a tradeoff of sound for unobstructed view. I'm glad Ford went with the view instead. Those crossbars on the Wrangler are not great.

lairgeral

Base
First Name
Denial
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G
Your Bronco Model
Base
Adding a soundbar to a vehicle with a decent stock sound system, like the B&O, might seem unnecessary. However, there are valid reasons. Bluetooth sound bars for utv are great for outdoor activities, providing portable audio for camping or tailgating. They offer versatility, letting you position them outside the vehicle for better sound during gatherings. Some prefer soundbar audio profiles and customization options. Installation is easier compared to a full system upgrade. If you prioritize group entertainment or unique aesthetics, a soundbar can be valuable.
Sponsored

Last edited: