redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Totally different feel. Thats the biggest difference between stock and where I am at now really. The clutch doesn't feel a whole lot different...its a very subtle change feel wise (although it may be more durable). B&M shifter feels racy. The height difference makes it look awkward in pics, but actual feel from the driver's seat is just cool!
Your posts in this thread reminds me of an IG post I saved awhile back.

😆😆
Sponsored

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anymore thoughts on the endurance clutch? I'm torn between the daily and endurance kit.

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anymore thoughts on the endurance clutch? I'm torn between the daily and endurance kit.
The "daily" just seems too much like the original to me to make it worthwhile. Kinda wish I had tied "race" on one of them, but I'm pretty happy w/endurance. Didn't want a pedal so stiff it caused fatigue...and this one is definitely not! Still haven't heard anything on the 2nd one. Might be apart right now, might just be sitting...not gonna pester him!

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The "daily" just seems too much like the original to me to make it worthwhile. Kinda wish I had tied "race" on one of them, but I'm pretty happy w/endurance. Didn't want a pedal so stiff it caused fatigue...and this one is definitely not! Still haven't heard anything on the 2nd one. Might be apart right now, might just be sitting...not gonna pester him!
You're making me reconsider the drag version. I want the better clutch engagement and feel, just not the leg numbing workout along with it. You mentioned that the friction point is pretty close to the top. Is that the same or has it changed with it being broken in?

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're making me reconsider the drag version. I want the better clutch engagement and feel, just not the leg numbing workout along with it. You mentioned that the friction point is pretty close to the top. Is that the same or has it changed with it being broken in?
Still feels a little higher than original, but I'm ok w/it. Not like a worn out clutch, but it doesn't start to creep right off the floor like the stock one did. Also new trans was put in w/new slave/throwout at the same time...so that could have something to do w/it. Interested to see how it feels in the other one, because that one isn't getting a new trans, just the TSB parts. I have used those puck style clutches in street vehicles before, and they always feel a little different from stock. My only real consideration was would it be too heavy for street driving in traffic situations...and that's no problem at all.

Sponsored

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got the Bronco back from the shop today and after about 60 miles of in town driving I can agree with everything @Bmadda says.

The point at which the clutch grabs is much higher in the pedal and very quick; which will be an adjustment for me but nothing some seat time and relearning muscle memory won’t fix. Also, the pedal isn’t any stiffer than it was; which makes me also wonder how the drag clutch would feel. The single mass flywheel is much more lively and not as heavy as the stocker (duh) but that has led to some increased vibration and noise, which is to be expected.

I also added some Sychro Shift II so overall the shifts feel much smoother.

tldr: it’s wonderful so far and
can’t wait for the break-in period to finish so I can really test it out.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Totally different feel. Thats the biggest difference between stock and where I am at now really. The clutch doesn't feel a whole lot different...its a very subtle change feel wise (although it may be more durable). B&M shifter feels racy. The height difference makes it look awkward in pics, but actual feel from the driver's seat is just cool!
Any chance you are going to be at Broncopalooza next Saturday in Belvidere? Id love to check out your bronco with that clutch and short shifter. It's the two things I am debating doing to mine.

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any chance you are going to be at Broncopalooza next Saturday in Belvidere? Id love to check out your bronco with that clutch and short shifter. It's the two things I am debating doing to mine.
Not likely I will make that one, but possible. I have been out of town the last 2 weekends, and may need to do some chores around the house. We shall see if Mamma lets me out to play!

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got the Bronco back from the shop today and after about 60 miles of in town driving I can agree with everything @Bmadda says.

The point at which the clutch grabs is much higher in the pedal and very quick; which will be an adjustment for me but nothing some seat time and relearning muscle memory won’t fix. Also, the pedal isn’t any stiffer than it was; which makes me also wonder how the drag clutch would feel. The single mass flywheel is much more lively and not as heavy as the stocker (duh) but that has led to some increased vibration and noise, which is to be expected.

I also added some Sychro Shift II so overall the shifts feel much smoother.

tldr: it’s wonderful so far and
can’t wait for the break-in period to finish so I can really test it out.
My 2nd one is finally back, and what is interesting to me is THAT one feels a little lower on the pedal than my 1st one...not by much, but I drove them both yesterday and there is a difference. The 1st one got a new trans installed which DID come w/a new slave/throw out assy. This one got the tsb parts installed and kept all the rest original. Possible that wear on the throw out/slave will cause the friction point to move towards the floor over time? @spuddy59 did you also install a new slave?

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2nd one is finally back, and what is interesting to me is THAT one feels a little lower on the pedal than my 1st one...not by much, but I drove them both yesterday and there is a difference. The 1st one got a new trans installed which DID come w/a new slave/throw out assy. This one got the tsb parts installed and kept all the rest original. Possible that wear on the throw out/slave will cause the friction point to move towards the floor over time? @spuddy59 did you also install a new slave?
That's a negative. I didn't install a new slave or throwout bearing.

Sponsored

Eviljazz

Big Bend
First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Chatter? Is there any chatter? Cause with all cars running a dual mass flywheel will get lots or some chatter when swapping for a single mass flywheel.

Can you record a idle video to hear it outside on neutral?

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Chatter? Is there any chatter? Cause with all cars running a dual mass flywheel will get lots or some chatter when swapping for a single mass flywheel.

Can you record a idle video to hear it outside on neutral?
No chatter, no noise
Sponsored