First Name
Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have two large dogs and down the road possibly a kid. I have a four door wildtrak reserved but I’m slightly concerned about space with the dogs and kid. I was thinking I could just get a soft top so that when I want the roof down I can throw the soft top cover in the back. My question is do you think that we will be cramped on space? Wish I could see one in person :/ I should also add we have a king ranch so we have that to fall back in but want to be able to drive/utilize my bronco just as much for trips. TIA
Sponsored

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm in the same boat minus the kid. I've got a 80 Shepherd, and I'm getting a Malinois around Christmas/New Year. I'm eyeing a vehicle crate for 2 dogs that I hope will fit in the back if I trade my truck in for the Bronco.

OP
OP

Crama85

Wildtrak
First Name
Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have two ruff land crates which were expensive so fingers crossed they fit. This week I saw a good price on a 2020 expedition which mad me rethink my decision on the bronco. I wish we could get a chance to see one in person prior to final order.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are other threads that debate this forever. Simplest solution, I think, is go drive a 4 door Jeep. If you don't like that space you won't like the Bronco. Bronco could be a bit bigger, but not night and day, or not bull dog/ mastiff difference.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a 90 pounder and a 65 pounder that fit pretty comfortably in the back of an extended cab f150 with the 60% bench folded up and the 40% side taken up by luggage (rain on the route and no bed cover). I figure you could fold the 60 side for the dogs, put the kid on the 40 side and have a good bit left over in the back for whatever cargo.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Crama85

Wildtrak
First Name
Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks that is helpful. I think we would need to forgo the crates that we usually throw in the bed of our f150. Or caravan with both cars lol! When we travel it is not light.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No kid yet but 2 75lb dogs. Figure regardless of whether we’re in my supercrew truck, the wife’s GC or a 4dr bronco, we’ll run into the same issues except the Bronco will have a taller roof behind the bench vs the slanted rear hatch of the grand cherokee. Ultimately, the truck has the most room if the dogs use the 60% portion and a kid use the 40%.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks that is helpful. I think we would need to forgo the crates that we usually throw in the bed of our f150. Or caravan with both cars lol! When we travel it is not light.
If you find that the space in a Bronco could work, for added insurance, add the roof rack and get a hard sided cargo box to mount up there when needed.

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can flat tow the Bronco with the F150.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have two large dogs and down the road possibly a kid. I have a four door wildtrak reserved but I’m slightly concerned about space with the dogs and kid. I was thinking I could just get a soft top so that when I want the roof down I can throw the soft top cover in the back. My question is do you think that we will be cramped on space? Wish I could see one in person :/ I should also add we have a king ranch so we have that to fall back in but want to be able to drive/utilize my bronco just as much for trips. TIA
My wife has a 4 door jeep our shepherd ~70# and bernedoodle ~80# fit fine in the trunk even with top down.

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife has a 4 door jeep our shepherd ~70# and bernedoodle ~80# fit fine in the trunk even with top down.
Oooooohhhh a Bernedoodle. We recently had to put our almost 13 yr old Brussels Griffon to sleep and are thinking about that breed as our next family member.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oooooohhhh a Bernedoodle. We recently had to put our almost 13 yr old Brussels Griffon to sleep and are thinking about that breed as our next family member.
We have a male labradoodle (4.5yrs old) and female sheepadoodle (2yrs old) and the wife wants a bernadoodle now. Told her its a bernadoodle or a kid and she’s since dropped the dog talk lol.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
It depends on what you plan on doing.
Two large dogs and a kid can work for normal daily driving. Dogs go in the very back and kid in back seat.

If you want to do camping it simply won’t work.

My wife and I started camping for first time last month. We take our 70lb Golden Retrievers who sits in the back seat. The trunk in our 2020 Tiguan is packed and the trip we got back from today requires us to take down one of the back seats.

We have a 35 Yeti Cooler for food and drinks, tent bag, two sleeping bags, bag for a large blanket for floor, two sleep pads in bags, 7gallon water jug, two chairs, dog bag and another large bag for utensils and stuff. It fills up quick and I’m fairly certain we have more trunk space than a 4dr Bronco based on Wrangler dimensions.

you could get a roof top cargo thing for some of it which could work but still will need stuff in the back. Going to be tough.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or if dispersed camping, get an offroad camper. Not one piece of gear goes into our tow vehicles, that includes the truck bed, everything fits in the camper (gear, food, water, clothing, dog stuff, tools etc).
Sponsored