Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My thing with the rear tire delete was from a functional/self-reliance standpoint. Now this thread has devolved into something else entirely.

At the end of the day, the Bronco is just another vehicle to get from point A to point B. It should be whatever you want/need it to be. Unless you want to do this type of shit to it. Well then... then may the wrath of a 1000 suns come down on you!?
Ford Bronco Spare Rear Tire Delete BE99D8D8-C588-4649-A238-824BCAE0F37C

Cap10Alden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a current Jeep owner and 34-year career firefighter, I can tell you I have witnessed first hand the rear tire saving someone's life in a rear-end collision. In some cases, the bigger the better. But there have also been times when off-roading where I have taken the rear tire off and thrown it into the back on a custom mount to help with ground clearances and angles of inclination/declination.

gmcul8r

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, International Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I removed the full size spare off my JKU and have absolutely zero regrets!

I find the ability to actually see out my rear-view mirror FAR more important. The 35" tire on the back made it nearly impossible to see out the back. The lack of additional weight and rattles, plus more space in my garage spot are all a bonus.

My last couple of vehicles didn't even come with a spare due to over-sized brakes, just a compressor or fix-a-flat. I can easily throw the tire in the back for long trips and/or off road excursions.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally won't be "deleting" the rear tire mount but I am considering moving the spare inside when I am working. I envision a custom-built, trailer hitch mounted basket to hold 200+lbs of feed and I don't want that hanging way off the back of the truck to clear the spare.

Sponsored

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There would probably be an aftermarket option to remove the spare. This will be needed as removing the spare leaves a tire mount on the back of your truck with a tiny camera on it. the reverse camera will need to be relocated if you don't want the mount. So going back to the OP's question and skipping the poser, castration, and real enthusiasts talk. You could do it, to do it right would cost a bit, and if you get a flat you are SOL.
Rear tire delete kits for Jeeps are about $50. Over $100 for Jeeps with backups cams/break light. So really not too bad.

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The good news is the 35" will fit without any modifications.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Rarely taking one off road is fine. Atlanta is filled with lifted Jeeps or trucks that have never seen dirt. It’s like driving a sports car slowly. Who are you pretending to be?

in the case of Bronco, just go wheeling or camping. Doesn’t have to be every weekend, but if you’re going to look like it, then be like it; healthy for you anyway.
Until you're paying my bills and buying my cars and being my dad, fuck off with this bullshit. I'll be whomever the hell I am and if some weapon's grade taintwaffle in a BMW rolls up to me during my commute and tells me how to not be a poser, he's gonna have a bad time and likely a booger on his windshield.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Until you're paying my bills and buying my cars and being my dad, fuck off with this bullshit. I'll be whomever the hell I am and if some weapon's grade taintwaffle in a BMW rolls up to me during my commute and tells me how to not be a poser, he's gonna have a bad time and likely a booger on his windshield.
Paint from the top rope!

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My thing with the rear tire delete was from a functional/self-reliance standpoint. Now this thread has devolved into something else entirely.

At the end of the day, the Bronco is just another vehicle to get from point A to point B. It should be whatever you want/need it to be. Unless you want to do this type of shit to it. Well then... then may the wrath of a 1000 suns come down on you!?
Ford Bronco Spare Rear Tire Delete BE99D8D8-C588-4649-A238-824BCAE0F37C
Man, that is a terrible job what they did to the Bronco. I mean, look at that spare. It's not even matching. Absolutely a waste of space and weight. No way can it be used for its intended purpose if any of the other four get a flat. Might as well not even have it back there.

Sponsored

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
interesting.

any pics of a more finished one. or is that as good as it gets?
There are probably 50 or more of these as options in the JK world and I’m assuming the same for JL’s but I haven’t searched for them. They seem to range from simple and well functioning to gaudy. I’d imagine tons of companies will make bronco options as they’re pretty simple to stamp out. I purchased mine from a company called Full Metal Fabworks in SoCal. It has a rear light, license plate holder, and the ability to mount a rearview camera. Not the greatest picture but you get the point
Ford Bronco Spare Rear Tire Delete 454853C1-B561-4029-9D82-8CC24942ECBF

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
is the license plate in the bumper? if so that presents a problem on what to put smack dab in the center, and obv make it look decent.

also,....just noticed the rear gate painted hinges. i wonder how that will age?
Sponsored

Last edited: