First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How's this idea. Not sure where you would get the tire and rim to fit.
Maybe a skinny rim and tire the same height as what tire size you had. Then mount it in the spare location. If I could reduce the width of the tire then it would put less stress on the Hitch when mounting a hitch rack. I was thinking with my current bike rack / T Bar off my Ranger I could cut and shift it over so the camera would not hit it.
Sponsored

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, exposed door vents, a wire plug, no backup camera, and no third brake light? Ok. Good luck with that. ?
This ass end is so close to a Jeep I am sure after market will have a delete setup very quickly.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
better than this .....
1607398258508.png
Makes a good visual statement, but it is on one of the dustiest areas of the vehicle. I've seen some cool spare mounted trash bags. Don't care if trash is dirty.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's actually what I was thinking but thanks for the confirmation - glad to know that works outside of my thoughts.
Ratchet strap yes, or for the really adventurous, some type of flammable liquid and a match to reseat the bead.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'd look like you were delivering for USPS.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the way to the gym this morning, I was able to tail a Jeep for a ways where they had the rear tire delete. In it's place, they had an enclosure (like a basket) that held a cooler. Eyeballing the measurements, it would hold a 20 qt cooler. The cooler was able to be secured with locks.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure the camera and the 3rd brake light can be taken care of, as well as a panel to cover the vents.
You do realize what the rear vent panels are for and do right? They cant be covered up.

OP
OP
Broncolli

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You do realize what the rear vent panels are for and do right? They cant be covered up.
I do know what they are for. I didn’t say seal them up, just cover them, like camo. They will still breathe.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In the old days this would have been a problem - no a days we have Uber and cell phones, not to mention the on board air compressor and tire patch kits.
How many People who run on board air and a plug kit and capable of using said plug kit are deleting a spare...

On a side note, aftermarket will have a slick solution that will very good as you lean against and the tow truck shows up... lol

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many People who run on board air and a plug kit and capable of using said plug kit are deleting a spare...

On a side note, aftermarket will have a slick solution that will very good as you lean against and the tow truck shows up... lol
I run onboard air but refuse to run without a spare. Have a 35” full size MT spare for my f150 & jeep, full size 33” MT spare on camper & full size AT 32” on wife’s grand cherokee. Onboard air wont fix a sidewall gash tire when out dispersed camping in areas without service.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
How's this idea. Not sure where you would get the tire and rim to fit.
Maybe a skinny rim and tire the same height as what tire size you had. Then mount it in the spare location. If I could reduce the width of the tire then it would put less stress on the Hitch when mounting a hitch rack. I was thinking with my current bike rack / T Bar off my Ranger I could cut and shift it over so the camera would not hit it.
I thought about that too. One could mount the spare elsewhere if that was the case. Such as inside or on the roof.

My motivation for doing so would make the rear door weigh less as I need to get my tools out every day, plus less of a chance that a small collision would impact the spare instead of the rear bumper.

Scooter

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought about that too. One could mount the spare elsewhere if that was the case. Such as inside or on the roof.

My motivation for doing so would make the rear door weigh less as I need to get my tools out every day, plus less of a chance that a small collision would impact the spare instead of the rear bumper.
Yes the tire is a lot of weight on the door alignment and hinge if you are openning and closing it more then the average person. I did not think of that if you were rear ended the tail section will take alot of damage then the bumper taking the force.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Spare tire delete is like walking around broken glass with one shoe.
You see, I don't understand this thinking. I get it if you drive on roads littered with nails and other hazards. And I fully understand taking a spare on the trail. But for DD, it doesn't make a ton of sense to haul around a spare. I haven't had to use a spare tire in over 30 years.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't need a spare tire delete kit as much as I want a heavy duty swing out tire carrier with jerry can racks behind the tire, like you can get for a Jeep.?
Sponsored