First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes the tire is a lot of weight on the door alignment and hinge if you are openning and closing it more then the average person. I did not think of that if you were rear ended the tail section will take alot of damage then the bumper taking the force.
Yes, since moving to Houston I've been hit while at red lights twice in three years. I would like a steel bumper to save my time and an insurance claim on my record.
Spare tire delete is like walking around broken glass with one shoe.
Well at least you aren't being dramatic or anything. Lol.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the old days this would have been a problem - no a days we have Uber and cell phones, not to mention the on board air compressor and tire patch kits.
That works fine if you only drive where you have cell service and access to Uber. Most of my camping is far away from cell signals.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You see, I don't understand this thinking. I get it if you drive on roads littered with nails and other hazards. And I fully understand taking a spare on the trail. But for DD, it doesn't make a ton of sense to haul around a spare. I haven't had to use a spare tire in over 30 years.
There are some places you dont want to break down!

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
You see, I don't understand this thinking. I get it if you drive on roads littered with nails and other hazards. And I fully understand taking a spare on the trail. But for DD, it doesn't make a ton of sense to haul around a spare. I haven't had to use a spare tire in over 30 years.
You can get a flat tire anywhere at any time. Last week I was driving home from work at 10 PM and I got my first flat tire ever. I was glad to have a spare with me because 10 minutes later I was on my way. It would of been even quicker if I had a real jack.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would not let anyone i care about leave the driveway without a working spare.
Im not going to change anyones mind about but its a saftey item ,very dangerous on the side of the road for many reasons waiting for aaa ?

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess...but if you’re buying a truck like this, even just to look the part, and never even intend to take it off road...at least make it look the part and don’t neuter the poor thing.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I do not recommend this unless you comfortable using a tire repair plug kit. I have used them dozens of times, but I always had a spare.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lucky! I've used a spare twice in the last two years.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First 20ish years driving in Wisconsin needed a spare like 2 or 3 time. In the 16 years living in the Austin area I have needed the spare 7 times. So much construction around here never know what you are going to drive over.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't need a spare tire delete kit as much as I want a heavy duty swing out tire carrier with jerry can racks behind the tire, like you can get for a Jeep.?
I have a ACE heavy duty tire carrier on my Jeep. Has the 2 rotopak mounts and a spot for either a jerry can or hi-lift jack.
Ford Bronco Spare tire delete fans - this looks good - 20200316_113341

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in the minority I actually like the looks of the spare tire on the bronco, looks good and well has some functionality..
I think the spare tire delete thing makes the rig look unfinished and to be honest looks like dogshit...just my opinion though...

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The doomsdayer no spare tire crew is vocal here though. The ones that can't comprehend that you wouldn't have a spare tire. Where every trip is fraught with flat tires, desolate locations, no chance for roadside repair, and no chance for rescue for weeks.

Everyone gets it.... You take a chance without a spare but it's not a big deal. Not every trip is to the middle of nowhere.

If you carry your spare that's cool. It should be of no consequence to you if someone else doesn't.

I'll carry mine on my Bronco but I've been driving for years without one with my current truck.
Not every trip is to the middle of nowhere, but without a spare you probably shouldn’t be going to the middle of nowhere at all... and then what’s the point of owning a bronco?

Obviously there are other work arounds for being out of spares... this year I was surprised with two flats on one drive within 20 miles of each other, had to pull my bike out of my truck and ride the final 45 miles home.?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not every trip is to the middle of nowhere, but without a spare you probably shouldn’t be going to the middle of nowhere at all... and then what’s the point of owning a bronco?

Obviously there are other work arounds for being out of spares... this year I was surprised with two flats on one drive within 20 miles of each other, had to pull my bike out of my truck and ride the final 45 miles home.?
I guess it all depends where you live and travel ,i have some very busy highways near me i have to travel sometimes with little median on either side average speed 75mph last place you want to be stuck with a flat ,its not just an inconvience its dangerous.
But everyone does their own thing go out in the boat ocean fishing no life jacket, dirt bike no helmet,welding in garage no gloves ?

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Old school recovery tool, in case the flat breaks the bead, you put the strap around the tire and tighten it up good, holds the bead against the rim to seal in the air until you get enough air pressure to do the job. Most portable air compressors do not have enough CFM to do that job.
Ratchet strap uses part 2.
When using a high lift jack the suspension will droop too much sometimes where you can't get the wheel/tire off.
Wrap the ratchet strap around the frame and axle before jacking it up so the axle comes up with the vehicle.
Sponsored