Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, don't forget, I'm one of those poor SOBs too!
Even though the parts weren’t in stock at Ruxer they still arrived faster that places who have them in stock!

I really despise the Phillip screw clips.

Still these worked perfectly.

Ford Bronco Spare tire rubber bumpers 861462DA-656E-4E42-80BC-D7040C0D3104
Ford Bronco Spare tire rubber bumpers 7426AE53-1CF9-46BA-9DFD-B3A063DDC285
Ford Bronco Spare tire rubber bumpers 557C071B-A46B-4D52-9E52-18A7FF85719B
Ford Bronco Spare tire rubber bumpers B34ADED2-4E8D-4812-9DAC-046ADE4D01EB
Ford Bronco Spare tire rubber bumpers 76764341-C770-4CBD-A603-973369BA9E7C

For reference I got the longest ones which are the -A. Just perfect. Also I saved a ton by going to Ruxer. Thanks @flip !!!
Sponsored

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Deleted member 49144

Yes. here's the catalogue description for each.

Ford Bronco Spare tire rubber bumpers 1682162680488

So I’ve actually just run into this and have been doing a lot of research. Started another thread in regards to my outer banks with badlands wheels and tires. What is the difference between the “B” and the “C”, they both have the 285/70/17 tire on them. Is it only the transmission ? How does that have anything to do with the wheel size ?

Thanks in advance.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I’ve actually just run into this and have been doing a lot of research. Started another thread in regards to my outer banks with badlands wheels and tires. What is the difference between the “B” and the “C”, they both have the 285/70/17 tire on them. Is it only the transmission ? How does that have anything to do with the wheel size ?

Thanks in advance.
It has nothing to do with the transmission. The Badlands has an optional wheel/tire package (can no longer be ordered). The M/T is for Mud Terrain.

Sponsored

Deleted member 49144

It has nothing to do with the transmission. The Badlands has an optional wheel/tire package (can no longer be ordered). The M/T is for Mud Terrain.
Yeah I’m very familiar with the optionals, been trying to get them for a while and gave up. I have the silver ones from the badlands. So the “B” would be for the standard badlands wheels and “C” for optionals?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I’m very familiar with the optionals, been trying to get them for a while and gave up. I have the silver ones from the badlands. So the “B” would be for the standard badlands wheels and “C” for optionals?
So I'm looking at the chart that you are referencing (closer than the descriptions as your transmission reference seemed out of place) and it seems as if there are 3 basic spare tire bumpers. I was always under the impression that there were only 2. One for the non-Sasquatch wheels/tires and one for Sasquatch wheels/tires. The differing offsets and how they fit on the carrier dictated the void that need to be supported. I don't really follow the Braptor, but it's wheel offset must be the same as other Sasquatch wheels. Of course, it has a lot more meat wrapped on the wheels and has an altogether different carrier.

I'm not sure why the "C" is by itself. The tire listed (LT285/70r17 A/T) is the same that is listed in the "A" part list (second tire in the list). Standard Badlands shares the same offset (+55) as other HOSS 1.0 trims.

Deleted member 49144

So I'm looking at the chart that you are referencing (closer than the descriptions as your transmission reference seemed out of place) and it seems as if there are 3 basic spare tire bumpers. I was always under the impression that there were only 2. One for the non-Sasquatch wheels/tires and one for Sasquatch wheels/tires. The differing offsets and how they fit on the carrier dictated the void that need to be supported. I don't really follow the Braptor, but it's wheel offset must be the same as other Sasquatch wheels. Of course, it has a lot more meat wrapped on the wheels and has an altogether different carrier.

I'm not sure why the "C" is by itself. The tire listed (LT285/70r17 A/T) is the same that is listed in the "A" part list (second tire in the list). Standard Badlands shares the same offset (+55) as other HOSS 1.0 trims.
I did not notice that tire being under the “A” part number until you just pointed that out. I’m all kinds of confused now. I can tell you this though, I (for a fact) have the “A” part number on it now, due to it being an outer banks, it’s the longest one they make. The standard outer banks has +55 offset but the tires are 255/70/18. I ordered “B” by mistake and then turned around and ordered “C”. I’m pretty sure I need “C”, but I might as well have them both delivered and return one I don’t need. I’ve seen some people needing the A for Sasquatch due to difference offset.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did not notice that tire being under the “A” part number until you just pointed that out. I’m all kinds of confused now. I can tell you this though, I (for a fact) have the “A” part number on it now, due to it being an outer banks, it’s the longest one they make. The standard outer banks has +55 offset but the tires are 255/70/18. I ordered “B” by mistake and then turned around and ordered “C”. I’m pretty sure I need “C”, but I might as well have them both delivered and return one I don’t need. I’ve seen some people needing the A for Sasquatch due to difference offset.
Man I was feeling dumb for my redneck wheel spacer solution, now I think I stumbled into the easy fix.

Deleted member 49144

The wheel is suppose to sit flush on the mount correct? Like it should go all the way down to the end of the bolt threads?

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The wheel is suppose to sit flush on the mount correct? Like it should go all the way down to the end of the bolt threads?
Yes. The spare should be firmly mounted on the carrier.

Deleted member 49144

Yes. The spare should be firmly mounted on the carrier.
Gotcha, I put my outer banks on just to get a benchmark. It completely hits the back of the mount and stops. I also noticed that the bottom bolt is shorter than the other two. The “C” should be the right ones.

Deleted member 49144

Update:

Looks like I ordered the correct part number for the swap. If anyone is interested, these are the correct rubber bumpers if you’re switching from outer banks to 285/70/17 badlands rims,

Just to note, the bottom bolt on the carrier will stick through just enough to get the lug on and tightened a bit, the top two stick out quite a bit further. I thought it still wasn’t sitting flat against the holder, but this is the way it was designed. If you put your fingers back behind, you’ll be able to tell if it’s sitting flat or not. You should also be able to tell by feel. I’m listing part number in pictures. It wasn’t a drastic change from outer banks to badlands rims other than wider tire, so the next size bumper down fits perfectly. I’m assuming this part number is also the same one that is installed on factory badlands models.

Hope this helps someone
IMG_6946.jpeg
IMG_6936.jpeg

IMG_6945.jpeg

Beach Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Question: Does anyone have a solution when the gap between the tailgate and the spare tire is 5 1/2". I have Nitto 35x12.50R22 on Fuel wheels with -44 offset, and R/C third taillight extender. I currently have the 1.97" rubber bumpers and there is still a 3 1/2 gap between tire and bumper.🙁

Any ideas or examples would be greatly appreciated.

20230523_201245.jpg

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question: Does anyone have a solution when the gap between the tailgate and the spare tire is 5 1/2". I have Nitto 35x12.50R22 on Fuel wheels with -44 offset, and R/C third taillight extender. I currently have the 1.97" rubber bumpers and there is still a 3 1/2 gap between tire and bumper.🙁

Any ideas or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Ford Bronco Spare tire rubber bumpers 20230523_201245
Kind of hard to fix the delta from +55mm to -44mm plus the other parts, you’re trying to overcome ~3.6” in offset alone. Maybe try cutting some lengths of PVC that fit inside the stock bumpers that are long enough to hit the tire? Add some caps and spray paint black and they should be unobtrusive.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.